Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mouse

Object » linked to 60 games

A computer pointing device that functions by detecting two-dimensional motion relative to its supporting surface.

Gaming Mouse Recommendations

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 26

Hiya duders!

Looks like my trusty old Logitech G500 is finally on it's last legs. The left mouse button has been unreliable for months now and in the last days the situation has deteriorated to where you really need to give it a good whack to get a click done at all.

So I'm in the market for a new gaming mouse. I've had a few looks around the internet and at the moment I'm sort of leaning towards the Logitech G502, because the ergonomics seem similar to the G500 I'm already used to. However I'm not opposed to looking outside the Logitech product range at all. I've fiddled with some of the Razer and Roccat mice before for example and they seem plenty good too. I just would like to minimize the amount of blinking lights and flashy designs on the mouse. Oh and my budget would definitely be under €100.

So what sort of mice are you all using these days? Does someone have a grasp (pun intended) on the G502 and experiences they could share? Or is there something new on the market I should pay attention to?

mayjaTOM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By mayjaTOM

I got a g502 not too long ago, and I love it. It feels good in the hand, and the extra buttons are in just the right places. I'm sure it'd be very smooth transition coming from the g500.

If you prefer a lighter mouse, everyone seems to love the finalmouse phantom ultralight at the moment.

edit: check out Rocket Jump Ninja on youtube, he does some very thorough mouse reviews.

soulcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I literally tried almost any gaming mouse company out there i can say price / quality wise the best one seems to be Logitech. A had a bunch of Razor Chromas great mouse ergonomic wise to bad it breaks every 1,5 years fucking garbage ! So i bought a logitech g502 and few years back great mice if you play a lot off different style's of games. Ergonomic wise it's great ( and i got small hands works well with big hands to from what i heard) so yeah i would recommend the G502.

imhungry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

I've been using a Razer Deathadder for years now and still enjoy using it. Great ergonomics, simple and understated design despite the dumb name and you can turn off all the lights too. They put out new revisions of the mouse fairly regularly so I can't actually speak to the current product on the market but it's been my mouse of choice for years. Probably best to just get out there and try and get hands on mice to try them out.

Ravelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I have the Logitech G502 and absolutely love it, good for big hands as well.

Bane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Logitech LIGHTSPEED and Powerplay systems are really good.

geirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

As a dog I'm quite fond of the Naga series from Razer, I also enjoyed using the Logitech and Corsair MMO mice.
    I just can't live without a numpad for my .. paw digits. The wide selection of buttons might seem like overkill but with simple programming
    interfaces provided by the mouse of choice you'll never have to touch your keyboard again and your other paw is free to do whatever.
    Of course the flashy/blinky stuff can be turned off with the mice software.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-5f39c75856922
    deactivated-5f39c75856922

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have a razer deathadder sitting in the closet because it didn't feel right in my hand. I went with Roccat eventually and have had no problems for about 3 years now.

Moderp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Moderp

G305. its a $60 wireless mouse, sensor is good, battery lasts forever, nice ergonomic feel. Its really solid. Professional CSGO players use it in tournaments so if you are concerned about input lag, id say don't be. Also hear a lot of good things about the Steel Series Rival if you want a slightly bigger grip.

WillyOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looked at few mice and went with Logitech G502. I don’t have much comparison but I’ve been satisfied with this one so far. Logitech software is not half bad and doesn’t seem too bloated.

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Been using the Logitech G300s for years because it has nine buttons of which are easy to hit because of its ambidextrous design. Though I am right handed, I seriously dislike how more expensive mice are strictly right hand oriented and cram most of the auxiliary buttons on their left sides. Ambidextrous designs for mice are so underrated.

WezqApe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After my trusty ol' MX518 finally kicked the bucket I went for the G402 because the shape and weight of it felt better in my hand and I like the more traditional design. The sensor is apparently not as accurate as the G502's, but I bet I couldn't tell a difference.

stonyman65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I'm a big believer in Mionix mice. I was a loyal Logitech MX518 and Razer Diamondback user for over a decade and got a Mionix Castor as a replacement and, well, it's better than my MX518 and Diamondback in every single way. I will NEVER use anything but Mionix again, and for the price (about $60 USD, depending on the model) they are a steal. The optical sensor in them is one of the best available. The software is pretty light weight and just exists to program the mouse - everything is stored on memory from RGB profiles, sensitivity, lift distance, sensitivity profiles and button macros. Once that is setup, it's plug-and-play.

They have 3 models, the Castor, Avior, and Naos. The Castor model, which I have now, is their Logitech G502 and Razer Diamondback/Copperhead shape equivalent, The Avior model is ambidextrous with the typical Deathadder shape, and the Naos model is roughly equivalent of the MX518 and G500 shape. All use 5,000 DPI optical sensor and have 3+ programmable buttons in the same places as the Logitech mice. The best part though is the soft-touch rubber finish on the mouse - it doesn't slip and stays cool. On the Castor (and probably the others too) they have a nice grippy rubber surfaces for the thumb ramp.

Sorry if this sounds like a Mionix commercial but I think they really are that good. Check 'em out.

big_denim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By big_denim

@stonyman65: Holy cow! I thought I was the only one. I've had the same Mionix Naos mouse for roughly 4 years now and I love it. So long as you don't need a ton of buttons for MMOs and other crazy mappings, then I highly recommend Mionix Naos.

It is worth noting that I've recently started having some tracking/jittery movement issues but it's a 4 year old mouse and I got the 3200 model that supposedly has a few known issues that the 7000 model addresses.

They're also not outrageously expensive, and are often on sale at Amazon.

BallsLeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like Roccat, but I'm not super picky

maxszy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#17  Edited By maxszy

I got a Logitech wireless G602 when mine died earlier this year. I don't play competitive shooters so millisecond accuracy is not something I care about. I don't notice any lag at all myself.

The mouse is awesome though. The feel is great, has a bit of weight to it which I really like and the shape is really good. I highly recommend it and wireless which is really, really convenient.

citan359

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mayjatom:

I strongly second the Rocket Jump Ninja recommendation. After finally getting tired of replacing my Razer Death Adder every year and a half I watched a ton of his stuff and came away with a good idea of what to look for. I ended up with a Steelseries Rival 300 because at the end of the day it fit my hand wonderfully.

I went a bit nuts before that and ordered about 6 Mice. If you like the Logitech those are basically the best value, but my hands are just too big and langthy and they are generally awful for me. Take a look at the Razer Basilisk! I Keep it in a drawer for the occasional game because it has this thumb trigger that is kinda revolutionary as far as mice go. The overall mouse isn't my favorite fit but that trigger is just crazy neat.

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By bybeach

@maxszy said:

I got a Logitech wireless G602 when mine died earlier this year. I don't play competitive shooters so millisecond accuracy is not something I care about. I don't notice any lag at all myself.

The mouse is awesome though. The feel is great, has a bit of weight to it which I really like and the shape is really good. I highly recommend it and wireless which is really, really convenient.

Beat me to it. It has a setting for gaming addressed to lag, and it is about the best hand contoured mouse (for me) I have owned.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Well my favorite mouse is Steelseries Sensei but the ergonomics are quite different from what you are looking for. From my view it seems like your best bets are either sticking to newer Logitech stuff or Mionix Naos. Quality mice with a similar form-factor.

BoboBones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

While I still miss my G5, the 502 has made a solid replacement for me. I also prefer the look of it with the lights off/dimmed

Moskelosk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Been using a Zowie FK1 for a few years now and I love it. A very good optical sensor, feels good in the hand (I use claw grip mostly), and doesn't look like a spaceship.

Avatar image for electric_messiah
    Electric_Messiah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I went from a Deathadder to a G502 and would recommend it to anyone looking for a solid gaming mouse. It has some weight to it (that you can adjust) and is a bit on the larger side, which I personally prefer when it comes to mice. Its also very customisable on the software side and the extra buttons really do come in handy when you bind them to something like the map in PUBG.

Rocketskates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Rocketskates

@bybeach said:

@maxszy said:

Beat me to it. It has a setting for gaming addressed to lag, and it is about the best hand contoured mouse (for me) I have owned.

Another wireless convert here. The 602 feels nice, and I appreciate not being tethered to something, and having all the extra buttons, even though they feel a little cheap compared to the 502 (and it's fidget spinner.)

KittyApoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ive had a Razer Deathadder for a few years and I do really like it, but I can't really recommend anything else since I haven't had much experiences with other mice. I can say that it has been good for me for a long time now though

korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mice are fairly subjective. For my money it's the Roccat Kone EMP. It uses a good quality IR sensor rather than a lazer (lazers always come with some lag, never should have been used to begin with), is a nice size for my hands and it's shape is very reminiscent of the older Logitech MX500/G series with some minor tweaks. Only complaint is the software but once you have it setup how you want there's no reason to ever launch it again anyway.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#28  Edited By JJWeatherman

I'm a Logitech G9x fan, though I'm not sure they even make it anymore.

Avatar image for deactivated-63b0572095437
    deactivated-63b0572095437

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not into large mice like most of the gaming ones available. The Logitech G Pro has been my favorite since it came out. Currently running a SteelSeries Rival 600, which I haven't had enough time with to say. It's a bit bulkier than I like and one of the thumb buttons are simply out of reach without completely palming the mouse, which I find less comfortable and accurate than clawing my G Pro.

vdortizo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone ever notice that these gaming mice are only made for right handed people?

jamesyfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By jamesyfx

I've got a G502, I think it's brilliant. It's really comfortable, perfect size and the button layout is again comfortable.

Plus it's got harmless switches and stuff I can click on and off when I want to fidget... which is always good.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.