Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Ms. Splosion Man

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Jul 13, 2011

'Splosion Man, everyone's favorite being of mass destruction has finally been captured by Big Science. Fortunately, help is on the way in the form of his newly-created soulmate, the pink and giggly Ms. 'Splosion Man!

Need help with how to maximize my triple jump.

EightBitShik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By EightBitShik

So, I was watching the first place guy on the first level and he just vaults over the first wall by triple jumping whenever I do it I jump like a white guy. I sent him a msg asking for advice but the dude is a prick. He accused me of accusing him of cheating... which I just asked him if he was.. sigh anyone know how to do it? I thought it was just splode splode splode what am I missing?

Aishan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Aishan
    @EightBitShik: I just checked it out myself; I was wondering how someone managed an additional 15 seconds off of my time. There's definitely something weird going on, at the very least he's clearly taking advantage of a glitch in the engine. 

Double and Triple jumps simply do not give extra height like that, at best you're lucky enough to merely get a couple of feet above your first (large) jump.
    EightBitShik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By EightBitShik

@Aishan: I got it straight from the source of Twisted Pixel!! Here is an email I kept the guys info out.

Hi John,

Sorry you havent had any luck on the forums. Tha'ts pretty crappy he accused you of thinking he was cheating. Sounds like a pretty reasonable question to me. Anywho, I did look into this and it was a total legit jump. How he did it was by sploding early twice and catching the ceiling corner which allowed him wall jump up and over the wall. Pretty crafty if you ask me. None of us here ever considered that or designed it to work that way. Now get in there and whoop up on him ;) Best of luck!

Best wishes, Twisted Pixel guy

So, as you can see it's legit a bit cheap but still legit according to them so well played sir well played.

buft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By buft

double splode the corner splode, that sounds like something from very  late in the original splosion man maybe im not thinking of the right thing will check it out

craigbo180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By craigbo180

Corner sploding is an incredibly difficult and advanced technique, it was also present in the original 'Splosion man.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.