Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Naughty Dog, Inc.

Company »

Naughty Dog, Inc. is a US-based game developer founded in 1984, who was later acquired by Sony Corp. in 2001. They develop exclusively for Sony-branded platforms.

Naughty Dog seems to have forgotten what made them great.

• 63 results
    august

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By august

I'm sure everyone at Naughty Dog is broken up they're making Uncharted and not whatever mascot platformers you have some kind of childhood hangup over.

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#52  Edited By FancySoapsMan
    @Ragdrazi said:

Uncharted Racing must happen.

I don't care much for the Uncharted Series, but I would totally buy an Uncharted Racing game.
    ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#53  Edited By ProfessorEss

They've been consistent home-run hitters for me for a long time. 
    I'm to the point where I don't really care what they're making next - as long as they're making something. 

Djratchet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#54  Edited By Djratchet

At least ND has fond memories of J&D (see the Ottsel reference in U1 and hidden Precursor Orbs in U1 and U2)

I don't think they have forgotten what has made them great. I have faith in ND, they haven't done me wrong yet. Crash Bash was their weakest game, IMO, and even that was an ok party game. CTR was brilliant, JakX was decent, had some decent fun with it. If ND decides to make "Unkarted", I would be ok with it.

Also, yes. I commented on a month inactive thread. But only because someone else linked to it in a newer one. lol

imsh_pl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#55  Edited By imsh_pl
    No Caption Provided
    the8bitNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

User Lists: 2

#56  Edited By the8bitNacho

They have forgotten what made them great? Last I checked they were still working on Uncharted.

AgentofChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By AgentofChaos

Never been a CB fan. I think its unfair to say they've forgotten what made them great. Uncharted is a great game! While I loved the art style of Jak & Daxter, its not like they've made shitty new IPs since then. I would LOVE to see more colorful universes, but as others here have said, those games just don't sell as well. Not to mention they will probably make something different when they tire of making Uncharted.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc8838532af0
    deactivated-5cc8838532af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

@Ragdrazi said:

Uncharted Racing must happen.

Tonyyj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Tonyyj

No carts, it should be foot races with fat mode on all the time.

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#60  Edited By ProfessorEss

I think Uncharted continues the Naughty Dag tradition of creating the best games on the current Playstation platform. I'd love to see them move on after Uncharted 3, but not back to Crash or Jak despite how much I absolutely loved those games. 

They should just keep doin what they're doin. I'm pretty confident that they know better than me or anyone else on these boards - or 95% of the people in the industry for that matter.

regularassmilk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#61  Edited By regularassmilk

I think what Naughty Dog was doing during the PS1 and PS2 era were very suited to the times, and a game like Uncharted just couldn't have existed at that point. 
    I didn't really want to see 15 platformer Crash Bandicoots, and I feel Jak & Daxter was running out of juice when they stepped down on that franchise. 
    Games aren't mean to run on forever. The type of mood that games like Crash and Jak had were destined to run into spin-offs. 
    Rockstar gave GTA a twist in Chinatown Wars, back to it's original predecessor.
    But I doubt they'd ever made Grand Theft Auto: Table Tennis. 

Same goes for Naughty Dog. They'll cap the series and maybe do some work on another game.  I love Uncharted but by the time I finish 3, as great as it probably will be, I wont be clamoring for 4 just yet.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#62  Edited By toowalrus

Weird, I didn't care for either franchise, and I fucking love Uncharted. Fuck Crash Bandicoot.

DrDarkStryfe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#63  Edited By DrDarkStryfe

If Uncharted 2 was not one of the best games to have come out in the last decade, I would be inclined to agree.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.