Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Nelson Tethers: Puzzle Agent

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jun 30, 2010

Puzzle Agent follows FBI agent, Nelson Tethers, as he tries to find out why the eraser factory that supplies the White House has mysteriously shut its doors.

A great pilot! And thoughts on the ending...

TomTheRealist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By TomTheRealist

So I just finished Nelson Tethers: Puzzle Agent. I really enjoyed it. Not quite as funny as I was hoping after watching Grickle's youtube channel, but has some great personality and a few laugh out loud moments for me.  
    What do folks think? Played the demo? Or the full thing? 

On to my thoughts on the ending: 

Seraphim2150

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Seraphim2150

I played the full game and loved it - good puzzles, funny story and beautiful animation.

I want to know what the future episodes would be focusing on and if those little critters come back to haunt Nelson

CowMuffins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By CowMuffins

Beat it a couple minutes ago. Totally short...Steam says I played it for 2 hours.
    I don't know what they're doing about sequels, but hopefully they can get another one out soon so we can actually know what the heck is going on.

neoepoch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By neoepoch

I'm going to bring this back up, cause I think more people should play the game, and for 10 bucks...they should.
    But on to my thoughts. I thought as a pilot, it got me intrigued enough in the mystery to want to play more. Most of the puzzles were fairly good, but there was one in the end that totally bothered me due to lack of clarity. Otherwise, I enjoyed it overall and would love to see more.

tearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 52

#5  Edited By tearhead
    MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator
    @CowMuffins said:

"

"
    That was what bothered me about the ending. 

Tordah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#7  Edited By Tordah

Great game, but soooo many questions left unanswered. I assume the red gnomes are evil (they were truly terrifying, at least), but what was the deal with Bjorn and the lodge people? Was the astronaut in the beginning real, or just a dream? Where did Glori go? What happened to ANY of the characters? The ending tells absolutely nothing. 

I really hope they continue this series, because I wanna know what the hell is going on.

Von

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By Von

If they release more of this true gem of a game, they'd better throw in more puzzles. I liked each and every one of them except the one with photos of birds, where the puzzle-text completely threw me off regarding what I was trying to actually accomplish. THIS is how a puzzle game should be.

In short, the whole game felt like a wacky episode of Twin Peaks. Utterly and insanely great in other words.

Loopah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By Loopah

Just finished the game and was pretty happy with the ending.  I think OP hit it right on the head with his thoughts on why the ending panned out the way it did.  Can't wait for the sequel!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.