Long Awaited sequel to The World Ends With You

TWEWY Sequel Announcement Trailer

imhungry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

They put out first real trailer for the sequel to The World Ends with You and I am ridiculously excited, almost in spite of myself. Honestly the gameplay they show doesn't really look all that exciting to me, a far cry from the original, and from this slight snippet the characters rub me the wrong way a little but I still think about the first game as one of my favourite JRPGs and dammit hearing that horn sting from Twister is never not going to get me excited.

It's definitely too early to pass any actual judgement, and more than anything I'm just thrilled that this game is getting a sequel in the first place, something I never would've expected. Would love to hear other people's thoughts too!

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By MezZa

I'm cautiously interested.

I loved TWEWY back when I was in high school. Fun art, fun music, fun story. My main concern now is I'm over 10 years removed from where I was when I really got into the themes of that game and the angst that came with it.

A lot has happened since then. Even seeing the word sheeple used at least twice during the trailer gives me some serious cringe. Recent events from the past few years makes that kind of attitude and wording really close to a pretty bad taste I'm trying to get out of my mouth.

brian_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

It's weird. I like TWEWY a lot, but at the same time I think my brain links a lot of that to it being a DS game that found interesting ways to use the dual screens and stylus. And without that stuff, what is a new game other than a stylish JRPG with abilities on a cooldown?

HibikiRush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By HibikiRush

Still looks super stylish like the original, but sadly seems they're trying to maintain visual parity between the Switch and PS4. Looks like a PS3 game to be honest...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.