Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

NHL 10

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Sep 15, 2009

The 19th installment of EA Sports' long running series, NHL 10 brings a new degree of toughness through one-on-one battle refinements and a new board physics engine, as well as various EA Sports Hockey League adjustments.

Shoddy Announcing

Phished0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By Phished0ne

I love NHL 10, but the announcers still suck and it pulls me out of the experience every time.  The game will do stuff like show my star but be talking about someone else, i don't know if thats just because they don't have programmed statements to be made about your created star or what. 

It seems like once the game loads up it ditches everything announcers should know, like that my star is leading the league in points.  I am also confused that they didn't record the announcers saying anything special if you get a "Natural" Hat Trick(three goals in a row by one player, without a goal scored between by either team), that is surely something that would be mentioned in a real hockey game.  

I wish they would get announcers together in most sports games really though, they mostly sound robotic, except some of the baseball games. I guess its just really hard to do announcing that has to actively keep up with a fast paced game like hockey, but i really wish they would do something, it never seems to even be touched in most games.

edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By edge

Yeah, I do agree that the play-by-play is a bit dry. It's particularly disappointing because I felt the pc version of NHL 07 (the last one that didn't have these commentators) had the best commentating in a hockey game to date. I think a large part of it is because they had to start over fresh with these new guys. They had a huge library of stuff built up with the old duo over the course of something like 8 years, but now all that stuff gets tossed in the garbage to slowly be replaced by the new talent. It sucks, I really like Jim Hughson.

Bwast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3  Edited By Bwast

I usually play the game muted while I listen to the Bombcast. Much better commentary that way. ;)

Hardin4188

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Hardin4188

2K10 has the same problem. The announcers never talk about things like rivalries and rematches.  We don't here about how people have performed in previous games.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.