Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Ni no Kuni: Shikkoku no Madoshi

Game » consists of 1 releases. Released Dec 09, 2010

A role playing game from Level-5 and Studio Ghibli for the Nintendo DS.

So I'm Sold On the PS3 Version, Hopefully DS Build Turns into 3DS

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By KaosAngel

Gentlemen (and Ladies), 

I'll be back in Japan by the time this game comes out (hopefully), and as a guy who bought every Studio Ghibli Blu-Ray from Japan, I am 100% pumped.  To be honest, I'm kinda getting it mostly for the Magic Book, and I was dying to play this for DS.  However, times have changed and Level-5 proved once again they are tied with Atlus to be the successor of Squaresoft.   

God damnit, I wanna see the Magic Book for the PS3 version now.  It'll be a real sized book this time and not that tiny ass book they showed for the DS version.  Speaking of which, Level-5 should totally push this game back a bit for the 3DS and just can the DS version.  I might be interested in the portable version then. 

BUT GOD DAMNIT, STUDIO GHIBLI IMPRESSES YET AGAIN!   I WANT THAT MAGIC BOOK!   

Also, hopefully it has full Move Support...so it'll be like that Harry Potter clone game they showed at the Sony E3 Presser (I seriously forget the name >.>)

jj984jj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By jj984jj

Uh, what are you talking about? The DS version will come with a full book as well. And from the sounds of it they're trying hard to prove that both games will have enough differences for both to be worth playing.

"The PS3 version of Ni no Kuni is titled "Ni no Kuni Shiroki Seihai no Joou." The subtitle is different from the DS version.

But the subtitle isn't the only difference. As detailed at the official site, while the stories for the two games will be on the "same axle," they're being made separately from scratch and will have different data, specifications and story developments. "Look forward to the two Ni no Kunis," writes the official site.

You're going to have to speculate on what having the two stories be on the "same axle" means. But it does look like Level-5 is trying to highlight the differences between the two versions.

The PS3 version is not due for release until 2011. The DS version will precede that on December 9 of this year. "

tebbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By tebbit

Wait... Ladies!? 

Bring me the Howl's Moving Castle sim and i'm sold. Though this looks pretty cool too. 

Or Ponyo in the style of Black & White. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.