Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Ninja Gaiden Sigma

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Jun 14, 2007

The second remake of the hit Xbox game, Sigma features enhanced visuals and a bevy of gameplay tweaks to improve on its predecessors.

Ninja Gaiden Sigma?

Ket87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Ket87

I'm picking up a PS3 this weekend most likely and was looking around for some cheap games to stock up on and I was pondering Ninja Gaiden Sigma and I was wondering if its worth getting for people who already played Ninja Gaiden Black on the Xbox, like is there enough new content or change to warrant a purchase of Sigma?
    Also completely unrelated to NGS but outside of MGS4 and CoD4 what are some good online titles with good cummunities. I already got CoD4 for 360 and I've heard too many different opinions on MGO to trust it as my sole multiplayer title so I wanted to pick another one up.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By mike

I played Ninja Gaiden Black, and after reading the reviews for Sigma here on Giant Bomb, I decided to pass on it.  I picked up Ninja Gaiden II for the 360 instead.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By pause422

Ninja gaiden Sigma is better than black with the improvements they made in all honesty, regardless of what Itagaki thought of it. NG2 is definitely more fun though imo...slicing guys into little pieces is just satisfying.

Vaxadrin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Vaxadrin

I say get Sigma and get Ninja Gaiden 2.  You can't go wrong that way.

Ket87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Ket87
    Vaxadrin said:
    "I say get Sigma and get Ninja Gaiden 2.  You can't go wrong that way."
    Already got NG2, and needless to say its a great game but Tecmo needs to get their act together with this broken patch situation its been like a month now and Chapter 14 is still un playable because of it.
    Vaxadrin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Vaxadrin

I don't think there is a Tecmo anymore. :(

Nets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7  Edited By Nets

I hear from many people Sigma is better than NG2, it's $30 anyway so it's a win win situation.

Vaxadrin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Vaxadrin

It ultimately comes down to whether you place more importance on overall polish or combat.  Sigma is NG:Black in HD which is by no means a bad thing (except for the shitty Rachel missions).  NG2's combat greatly improves on Black's, but brings a whole mess of bugs with it.  Not to mention 2's master ninja mode is wayyyy more unbalanced than Black's.

Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Pibo47
    Nets said:
    "I hear from many people Sigma is better than NG2, it's $30 anyway so it's a win win situation."

Who the hell told you that? PSM? Dude, NG2 is awesome, and sigma aint that bad either.
    Nets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Nets
    Pibo47 said:
    "Nets said:
    "I hear from many people Sigma is better than NG2, it's $30 anyway so it's a win win situation."

Who the hell told you that? PSM? Dude, NG2 is awesome, and sigma aint that bad either."
    According to GameRankings, NG2 currently has a flat 82.0% average, while Sigma has an 86.7%. The following big name sites/magazines have igher averages of Sigma than NG2: Gamespot, IGN, 1up, EGM, GI, Gamespy, etc...and as I said, I have also heard from multiple people (friends, family), that they enjoyed NGS more.

And I never said NG2 wasn't awesome, I'm just stating my situation.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Nets said:
    "Pibo47 said:
    "Nets said:

Who the hell told you that? PSM? Dude, NG2 is awesome, and sigma aint that bad either."
    According to GameRankings, NG2 currently has a flat 82.0% average, while Sigma has an 86.7%. The following big name sites/magazines have igher averages of Sigma than NG2: Gamespot, IGN, 1up, EGM, GI, Gamespy, etc...and as I said, I have also heard from multiple people (friends, family), that they enjoyed NGS more.

And I never said NG2 wasn't awesome, I'm just stating my situation."
    I wonder how much Gspot was paid to give Sigma a 9.
    Vaxadrin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Vaxadrin

If you buy them in bulk it's cheaper.

AaronBelfast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By AaronBelfast

If you don't mind frustrating, hardcore games. Get this. Great challenge.

Nets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Nets
    Bucketdeth said:
    "Nets said:
    "Pibo47 said:
    "Nets said:

And I never said NG2 wasn't awesome, I'm just stating my situation."
    I wonder how much Gspot was paid to give Sigma a 9."

LOL that has to be the stupidest comment I have heard in a long time. Congratulations.
    PenguinNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15  Edited By PenguinNerd

If you already have played NGB don't worry about getting Sigma...sure there are improvements like an added Mission mode and the Rachel Missions but you're really not missing all that much.

On the subject of good multiplayer games with good communities I'm shocked no one has mentioned Warhawk.  You should try that out.

SpecTackle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By SpecTackle

Sigma wasn't a huge leap from Black, NG2 is a much better option.

dead_panoramic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#17  Edited By dead_panoramic
    Pibo47 said:
    "Nets said:

NG2 did improve in several areas over the original, with more weapons, marginally better graphics, dismemberment, and obliteration techniques. However, Ninja Gaiden/Black/Sigma had better pacing, better level design, better enemies (i.e. not cheap), and better boss battles.

I actually played NG2 before I finished NGSigma, and at first I thought I'd never be able to go back since there is such a heavy emphasis on dismembering enemies in NG2 and Sigma does not employ this mechanic. However, after several hours with NG2, I went back to Sigma and discovered that NG2's flash cannot eclipse the brilliant Sigma's substance.

They're both great, though, really.
    hazelnutman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By hazelnutman
    Vaxadrin said:
    "I don't think there is a Tecmo anymore. :("
    Oh man, you just reminded me of this whole Tecmo ordeal...

brb going to go cry... :(
    blue74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By blue74

great game for 30 bucks

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.