Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Nintendo 3DS

Platform »

The Nintendo 3DS is a portable game console produced by Nintendo. The handheld features stereoscopic 3D technology that doesn't require glasses. It was released in Japan on February 26, 2011 and in North America on March 27, 2011.

for anyone wondering...

masterherocard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By masterherocard

I took some time to compare the various DS's in screen size

DS: 3 inches
    Lite: 3.12
    DSi:  3.25 inches
    XL: 4.2 inches 
    3DS: 3.53 inches on top, 3.02 on bottom.  

So there you have it. The top screen is wide on the 3DS, so it might be 3.02 inches tall, while the 3.53 inches are just width. 

What do you think?

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Willy105

Seems a good size, but it feels it could have been bigger judging by the empty space on the handheld on top of the screen.

blair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By blair

I wish they had gone in a different direction.  The DS has a somewhat dated style, that I think they should have redesigned.

I'll still buy one, but I wish I was getting something new (design wise).

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 16

#4  Edited By AndrewB
    @Blair said:
    " I wish they had gone in a different direction.  The DS has a somewhat dated style, that I think they should have redesigned.  I'll still buy one, but I wish I was getting something new (design wise). "
    I was hoping for something different too. Maybe aluminum casing but still clamshell. I guess Nintendo found a design that works and they're just playing off that for awhile.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.