Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Nintendo DS

Platform »

The Nintendo DS is a handheld featuring two screens, one of which is a resistive touchscreen. Four different models are available: the original DS, the DS Lite, the DSi, the DSi XL.

What game is currently occupying the slot in your DS?

slyfoxx117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#201  Edited By slyfoxx117

I just beat new super mario bros with all the star coins....now i dont know what to play...any sugestions????

Ham08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#202  Edited By Ham08

I'm playing both FF3 and FF4 simultaneously, at the moment.  I just finished "The Tower of Owen" in FF3 and just left the "Underworld" in FF4.

Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#203  Edited By Godwind

I have Ninja Gaiden Dragon Sword in my slot.

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#204  Edited By oldschool
    slyfoxx117 said:
    I just beat new super mario bros with all the star coins....now i dont know what to play...any sugestions????
    Welcome you Sly Foxx you.

It always depends on what you like to play.  I am always going to suggest any number of RPGs, especially Dragon Quest, Final Fantasy and Fire Emblem.  Trawl you way through the Nintendo DS forum:    Nintendo DS    

You will find a lot of threads on different genres and discussions.  They will help.  Otherwise, start a thread in there yourself, about some games you are thinking about, and those of us with them will be happy to give an opinion on them, or even better alternatives.
    oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205  Edited By oldschool

I just received my delivery of Tales of the Tempest & Tales of Hearts.

Yes, they are in Japanese.  First impressions of playing Tales of Hearts:
    Sensational FMV scenes.  Seriously - they are gorgeous.  The animation of the game itself - brilliant.  Very easy on the eye.  The battles are just what you would be used to in Tales of Symphonia.  Very enjoyable.  I just mashed the A button  :-)

Saving the game is a breeze as there are save points essentially identical to Tales of Symphonia.  Pity I have no idea what the story is about though.  Looking like a good purchase.  

I have found a good looking walkthrough that should help me get through the tough spots.

Tales of the Tempest is looking much more difficult to negotiate.
    AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#206  Edited By AgentJ

Ah, so you got THAT version of Tales of Hearts. I would have most likely picked up the animated version.

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207  Edited By oldschool
    AgentJ said:
    Ah, so you got THAT version of Tales of Hearts. I would have most likely picked up the animated version. [more]
    Yes, it is the CG version.  It was about $20 and only the CG version was on sale.  Not really sure I have a preference, but I repeat, the CG fmv is truly gorgeous for a DS game.  The characters look brilliant.
    dipstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208  Edited By dipstick

My R4

As to which game I'm playing most on my DS,that would go to Zelda: A link to the past

joecoopsays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209  Edited By joecoopsays

gta chinatown wars, i havent really played my ds lately

Axersia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210  Edited By Axersia
    oldschool said:
    AgentJ said: Ah, so you got THAT version of Tales of Hearts. I would have most likely picked up the ... [more]
    Ugh... are you serious? I thought the characters' CG render incarnations looked horrifying! They actually frighten me. Well sure, they weren't quite as horrible as Bartz's CG render in the FF5 PS1 remake, but they're certainly up there.

Personally, I wouldn't get that version of the game even if it was free, but hey, to each their own.
    Ryu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211  Edited By Ryu

R4 Card

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212  Edited By AgentJ
    Axersia said:
    oldschool said: AgentJ said: Ah, so you got THAT version of Tales of Hearts. I would have most likely picked ... [more]
    It was kind of funny. When looking at pictures of each version, i thought a few characters looked better in one, and a few looked better in the other. 
    buzz_clik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#213  Edited By buzz_clik

I've been totally late to the party with my current DS darling, but Animal Crossing is pretty much the firm fixture at the moment.

Every now and then, Rhythm Heaven gets a teensy little look in, but for the most part the world of those chubby little beasties is too addictive to be away from for to long.

thegoldencat7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214  Edited By thegoldencat7

No Caption Provided
    Catz!
    (I am getting a lot of milage from this picture.)
    Axersia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215  Edited By Axersia
    AgentJ said:
    Axersia said: oldschool said: AgentJ said: Ah, so you got THAT version of Tales of Hearts. I would have most ... [more]
    After going through the wallpaper gallery again I'd have to say that the CG renders actually don't look half-bad (and I might even prefer Kohak's CG render -- she looks quite attractive :P). I guess my main gripe is just that the CG renders look nothing like the original character designs (they look a lot older, actually, which might conflict with some of their dialogue) and CG and Tales just don't go hand-in-hand together IMO -- especially not in a sprite-based game. Oh well, this little experiment of theirs failed anyway (otherwise the CG version wouldn't be 20 bucks when the anime version is still 65), so we probably won't see it happening again.
    Benjamin_Sisko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216  Edited By Benjamin_Sisko

Final Fantasy Tactics Advance 2: Grimoire of the Rift. It's been a pretty aweet game.

MarcusOfLycia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217  Edited By MarcusOfLycia

Fire Emblem

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218  Edited By oldschool
    Axersia said:
    AgentJ said: Axersia said: oldschool said: AgentJ said: Ah, so you got THAT version of Tales of Hearts. I would ... [more]
    Have you watched a video of it?

I guess I came in with no knowledge.  The first I saw of any of the game was when I played it.  I really dug the animation, but I guess I have no point of reference to compare - ignorance is bliss  :-)  

Game plays beautifully.  It is now $25 and well worth it.  I am about 2 hours in so far.
    ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219  Edited By ArchScabby

Chrono Trigger.

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220  Edited By oldschool

I have been on a business trip for 3 days and I got stuck in Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings, so I gave Disgaea a proper go.

I have played the start of Disgaea a coupe of times, but didn't really stick with it (distracted by other games), but this time I am at the 'hooked' point.  I understand it a bit better and have really fallen for it.
    kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#221  Edited By kush

Geometry Wars: Galaxies is currently in my DS, but I haven't really played my DS in quite some time.

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222  Edited By oldschool
    Kush said:
    Geometry Wars: Galaxies is currently in my DS, but I haven't really played my DS in quite some time. [more]
    So you don't play games in the toilet?  :-)

Nothing like shooting some aliens whilst taking care of business.  xD
    AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223  Edited By AgentJ

I just popped in Castlevania Aria of Sorrow. Finished Dawn of Sorrow some time ago, so i figure i need to see what happened before that game

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224  Edited By oldschool
    @AgentJ said:
    " I just popped in Castlevania Aria of Sorrow. Finished Dawn of Sorrow some time ago, so i figure i need to see what happened before that game "
    I still haven't played a Castlevania game.  I never see the games cheap enough to try it.  Indicative of quality I assume?
    AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225  Edited By AgentJ
    @oldschool said:
    "
    @AgentJ said:
    " I just popped in Castlevania Aria of Sorrow. Finished Dawn of Sorrow some time ago, so i figure i need to see what happened before that game "
    I still haven't played a Castlevania game.  I never see the games cheap enough to try it.  Indicative of quality I assume?
    "
    Most certainly. Castlevania is always of the highest quality. In fact, i havent played a bad Castlevania yet.
    Kiemoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#226  Edited By Kiemoe

A lot of my DS games got stolen, and I had just gotten my DSi, so I'm playing a couple games I just bought when I got my DSi, Pokemon Platinum and Henry Hatsworth, both some pretty good games.

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227  Edited By oldschool
    @Kiemoe said:
    " A lot of my DS games got stolen, and I had just gotten my DSi, so I'm playing a couple games I just bought when I got my DSi, Pokemon Platinum and Henry Hatsworth, both some pretty good games. "
    You are the first here to have his/her games stolen.  Sucks man.  I hate thieves who figure they have a right to your possessions.  How many did you lose?
    AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228  Edited By AgentJ
    @oldschool said:
    "
    @Kiemoe said:
    " A lot of my DS games got stolen, and I had just gotten my DSi, so I'm playing a couple games I just bought when I got my DSi, Pokemon Platinum and Henry Hatsworth, both some pretty good games. "
    You are the first here to have his/her games stolen.  Sucks man.  I hate thieves who figure they have a right to your possessions.  How many did you lose?
    "
    WRONG! PAX 07. I had my bag of goodies under my chair while playing a rousing game of Mario Strikers Charged in the game room, and that bag had my DS and 7 games in it. When i got up to leave, my DS and those 7 games were all gone, along with all my PAX goodies (including a Street Fighter poster I had just bought)
    oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229  Edited By oldschool
    @AgentJ said:
    "
    @oldschool said:
    "
    @Kiemoe said:
    "
    WRONG! PAX 07. I had my bag of goodies under my chair while playing a rousing game of Mario Strikers Charged in the game room, and that bag had my DS and 7 games in it. When i got up to leave, my DS and those 7 games were all gone, along with all my PAX goodies (including a Street Fighter poster I had just bought)
    "
    Dude, I just realised that I typed are instead of aren't.  What a difference that mistake makes to my sentence  :-(  I remember your story and put her in case Klemcoe isn't male - you just never know.  Still sucks to know that happened to you.
    Kiemoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230  Edited By Kiemoe
    @oldschool said:
    "
    @Kiemoe said:
    "
    I think I lost 6 or so, yeah, I was pretty bummed, but that just gives me an excuse to throw out some more cash on some awesome games.
    oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231  Edited By oldschool
    @Kiemoe said:
    "
    @oldschool said:
    "
    @Kiemoe said:
    "
    I think I lost 6 or so, yeah, I was pretty bummed, but that just gives me an excuse to throw out some more cash on some awesome games.
    "
    Nice if you had the cash, but it would be nicer still to have the old games and the new ones.
    Kiemoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232  Edited By Kiemoe
    @oldschool said:
    "
    @Kiemoe said:
    "
    @oldschool said:
    "
    @Kiemoe said:
    "
    "
    Nice if you had the cash, but it would be nicer still to have the old games and the new ones.
    "
    True, I totally shouldn't have bought those games, but I still did :P
    AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233  Edited By AgentJ

Moved on from Aria of Sorrow, so i popped in Tetris DS for a while. It is most definately the best version of Tetris available. 

asurastrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#234  Edited By asurastrike

Dragon Quest V is in my DS game slot, and Metroid Fusion is in the GBA slot.

grilledcheez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235  Edited By grilledcheez

Knights of the Nightmare...just tutorials so far in my 2 little 15 minute sessions, but I love it so far and the art style in the opening cinematic was awesome

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236  Edited By AgentJ
    @GrilledCheez01 said:
    " Knights of the Nightmare...just tutorials so far in my 2 little 15 minute sessions, but I love it so far and the art style in the opening cinematic was awesome "
    If you liked the art style of Knights, pick up Riviera and Yggdra Union for the GBA. They take place in the same universe and have the same art style, but play completely differently. 
    asurastrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#237  Edited By asurastrike
    @AgentJ said:
    "
    @GrilledCheez01 said:
    " Knights of the Nightmare...just tutorials so far in my 2 little 15 minute sessions, but I love it so far and the art style in the opening cinematic was awesome "
    If you liked the art style of Knights, pick up Riviera and Yggdra Union for the GBA. They take place in the same universe and have the same art style, but play completely differently. 
    "
    I've got both of those for PSP. :P
    grilledcheez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238  Edited By grilledcheez
    @AgentJ said:
    "
    @GrilledCheez01 said:
    "
    I'll have to pick up a GBA first as I only have a DSi :(
    StarwindX9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#239  Edited By StarwindX9

Still rocking The World Ends With You... though... I haven't played my DS for more than 30 minutes in months... I am just waiting for the new KH DS game... that is if I will be able to put down Dissidia

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240  Edited By AgentJ
    @Asurastrike said:
    "
    @AgentJ said:
    "
    @GrilledCheez01 said:
    "
    I've got both of those for PSP. :P "
    If you have a PSP you can get them there too, as Asura said
    John

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241  Edited By John

I'm currently playing Osu tatakae Ouendan via my trusty r4 since my 360 has sadly, just died again.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242  Edited By AgentJ
    @John said:
    " I'm currently playing Osu tatakae Ouendan via my trusty r4 since my 360 has sadly, just died again. "
    Oh fun! Is it the first or second one?
    Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#243  Edited By Brendan

A warm spot where Chinatown Wars just occupied, which is now waiting for DQ9 and Spirit Tracks.  Any suggestions till' then?

grilledcheez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244  Edited By grilledcheez
    @AgentJ said:
    "
    @Asurastrike said:
    "
    @AgentJ said:
    "
    @GrilledCheez01 said:
    "
    I've got both of those for PSP. :P "
    If you have a PSP you can get them there too, as Asura said
    "
    Cool, thanks for the info I'll definitely check those out :D      /large quote box
    AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245  Edited By AgentJ
    @Brendan said:
    " A warm spot where Chinatown Wars just occupied, which is now waiting for DQ9 and Spirit Tracks.  Any suggestions till' then? "
    Do you really have to ask?
    John

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246  Edited By John
    @AgentJ: First one. But I'll be sure to get the second one very soon. Because I lost faith that nintendo will ever make a EBA 2, so I gotta kill time doin' something right.
    AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247  Edited By AgentJ
    @John said:
    " @AgentJ: First one. But I'll be sure to get the second one very soon. Because I lost faith that nintendo will ever make a EBA 2, so I gotta kill time doin' something right. "
    I'm going to pick up both on ebay as soon as i get payed for my articles. I need more EBA, and apparantly the agents are unlockables in number 2. 
    oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248  Edited By oldschool
    @AgentJ said:
    "@John said: 
    " @AgentJ: First one. But I'll be sure to get the second one very soon. Because I lost faith that nintendo will ever make a EBA 2, so I gotta kill time doin' something right. "
    I'm going to pick up both on ebay as soon as i get payed for my articles. I need more EBA, and apparantly the agents are unlockables in number 2. 
    "
    I have the first and would love the second.  The whole Japanese take on the game is sensational.  I like Elite Beat Agents a lot, but for even better fun, you have to go Ouendan  :-)
    AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249  Edited By AgentJ
    @oldschool said:
    "
    @AgentJ said:
    "@John said: 
    "
    I have the first and would love the second.  The whole Japanese take on the game is sensational.  I like Elite Beat Agents a lot, but for even better fun, you have to go Ouendan  :-)
    "
    *Gasp* more zanny than EBA? Inconcievable!
    TheGr3mliin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250  Edited By TheGr3mliin

heh heh occupying your slot that sounds dirty

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.