Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Nintendo DS

Platform »

The Nintendo DS is a handheld featuring two screens, one of which is a resistive touchscreen. Four different models are available: the original DS, the DS Lite, the DSi, the DSi XL.

What games are coming for the DS in July?

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By oldschool

So, what do we have to look forward to from the DS in July?  

As usual, I will start off with what is coming out in this the last week of June.

No Caption Provided
    In Overlord Minions, the Overlord commands the Minion team remotely. The Nintendo DS stylus becomes an extension of his evil will and every precise Touch Screen command is the player-as-Overlord directing, commanding and combining minions in battle, pointing and sweeping them to attack enemies and solving puzzles to execute his dastardly plans.

Controlling the Special Farces team of four, players negotiate fiendish levels and take on a huge range of warped enemies to hunt down the Kindred, a cult dedicated to resurrecting the mighty Dragon Kin, a race of humanoid dragon hybrids, determined to replace the Overlord's despotism with their own. Extending the Overlord series' trademark humour, gameplay focuses on the mischievous physical comedy of the minion's antics and is delivered in a stylised cartoon visual style.

No Caption Provided
    Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor marks the first time the popular RPG franchise has made its way onto Nintendo DS, and it certainly takes advantage of the opportunity. An incredibly innovative RPG/SRPG system—with tactical yet action-packed combat— compliments a powerful narrative in the great tradition of the SMT games. Fans will surely be thrilled with the stylish aesthetics, novel game mechanics, and original story, and newcomers will find a fresh new spin on the critically-acclaimed SMT universe.

No Caption Provided
    C.O.R.E. is a high-speed, action packed "classic" FPS game chock full of goodies and filled with danger for Nintendo DS. In A.D. 2028 - a massive meteor slammed into California's Mojave Desert. Leading scientists were quickly dispatched to examine the extraterrestrial radiation that was transforming the environment and all life in the area. For twenty years many experiments were carried out at C.O.R.E., the TOP-SECRET underground facility built on the site...that is until the day when all communications with the lab abruptly ceased. You are Jason Crane, a member of an elite military operative assigned to penetrate C.O.R.E. You must use all your skills to unravel the mystery hidden deep within C.O.R.E...and to survive.

No Caption Provided
    Flower, Sun and Rain is an intriguing mystery adventure very much in the vein of Groundhog Day. You play a detective charged with locating and defusing a bomb by solving thought-provoking puzzles with a wealth of bizarre outcomes. Solving the mystery of what is happening to him and his surroundings is necessary before he eventually goes insane.

No Caption Provided
    Return to Hogwarts to help Harry survive his sixth year. You will have a chance to engage in exciting wizard duels, mix magical ingredients in Potions class and take to the air as the Seeker of the Gryffindor Quidditch team. You may even get sidetracked by Ron’s romantic entanglements as you journey towards a dramatic climax and discover the identity of the Half-Blood Prince.

No Caption Provided
    Geo Stelar and the rest of the gang are back in an all new adventure. How can Geo Stelar and his friends fight with the threat of “Meteor G” closing in on Earth? Moreover, what power can Mega Man harness by using the “Noise Change” system which controls the power of “Noise”?

Mega Man Star Force® 3 blends a unique formula of RPG exploration elements with fast-paced action. As players travel and battle between coexisting worlds, the physical world and the virtual Wave World, they will encounter enemies in the virtual Wave World, battling them on three-by-five battle grids with their Battle Card deck. Mega Man Star Force® 3 also adds a new feature called “Rezon,” which allow players to fill in profiles about battles and their team name/symbol.

Now for JULY:
    No Caption Provided
    The gameplay in this platform game focuses on the viewpoint of the four funny Alien characters.

The Aliens’ thirst of conquest will lead them from their planet to Earth and their first point of call is the kids’ residence in Maine. The Aliens use weapons to mind control grown-ups and use them for their own gain. Their technology is ineffective against children however and they will need all their wit to take over the vacation home and finally, planet Earth.

• No Caption Provided
      Captures the fun of monster collecting and the excitement of platform‐style action
    • Play with up to three friends using Wireless DS Single‐Card Download Play and Wireless Multi‐Card Play. Players can also download courses and share their race times via the Nintendo Wi‐Fi Connection
    • The real fun comes from capturing wild monsters in their native habitats. As players progress, they’ll explore different regions, venture into secret habitats and discover more adventures
    • Race courses are filled with challenging obstacles that will test both the players’ and monsters’ skills in controlling speed, jumping ability, and reaction time
    • With enough courage, skill and practice, players can become the World’s Greatest Monster Racer!

No Caption Provided

Well, that is it from my research.  That would have to be the worst month of games EVER.  Just 3 worthy of a mention and only one, Monster Racers vaguely interesting.  I guess my wish list will stay the same and maybe I will keep looking at the great releases from June.

Did I miss anything?  Surely it can't be that bad right  :-(   When I do the Japanese release list tomorrow, it will win just on Dragon Quest IX alone.
    Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Al3xand3r

Devil Survivor looks neat.

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By oldschool
    @Al3xand3r said:
    " Devil Survivor looks neat. "
    Yeah, but that is June and it certainly is a must have for me (and my daughter).
    Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4  Edited By Linkyshinks

Devil Survivor and Flower, Sun and Rain. I know the latter isn't that great, but it's still a Suda Goichi game with his brand of humour, so I am looking forward to it.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By penguindust

Mmm, SMT: Devil Survivor...I'm there.

Axersia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Axersia

I'll definitely pick up Devil Survivor and I might look into Monster Racers as well once I've read some reviews, but that's about it.

I do like adventure games, but Flower, Sun and Rain just doesn't seem to be a very good game and the abstract graphical style doesn't appeal to me.

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By oldschool
    @Axersia said:
    " I'll definitely pick up Devil Survivor and I might look into Monster Racers as well once I've read some reviews, but that's about it.I do like adventure games, but Flower, Sun and Rain just doesn't seem to be a very good game and the abstract graphical style doesn't appeal to me. "
    It is just like you read my mind  :-)

Flower, Sun & Rain really did get talked down a bit.  I remember one review asking how far Suda could try the patience of his fans.  It is cheap here as I have said before, but I am just not tempted.
    AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#8  Edited By AgentJ

After reading some reviews of Flower, Sun and Rain, i'm thinking i can go without playing this one. Which means it's a pretty dead month, SMT being the only one i'll be getting

Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By Stang

Devil Survivor is pretty good. Granted I am only past the prologue, I am liking the game.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By AgentJ
    @Stang said:
    " Devil Survivor is pretty good. Granted I am only past the prologue, I am liking the game. "
    Ah, good to hear!
    Luke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

#11  Edited By Luke
    AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By AgentJ
    oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By oldschool
    @AgentJ said:
    " After reading some reviews of Flower, Sun and Rain, i'm thinking i can go without playing this one. Which means it's a pretty dead month, SMT being the only one i'll be getting "
    My thoughts exactly.

The reviews of SMT are pretty consistent on the good side.  An 80+ average is nice to see.  I add 10 points just for the title and genre  :-)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.