Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Nintendo Switch

Platform »

Nintendo's home console that can be turned into a portable device by removing it from its TV-dock. Launched worldwide on March 3, 2017.

14 new titles hit the eShop (US) for Switch today!

RetroMetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By RetroMetal

This might be a record number of releases in one day for the system, I guess? Other than launch day... but I'm not sure how many released that day.

Plus more titles keep popping up as soon to be released.

Volgarr the Viking, OXENFREE and Spelunker Party! have been added since yesterday.

I know those games are on other platforms, but this seems almost like NES/SNES era 3rd party support.

It's never been a better time to play video games, am I right?

BoboBones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

More Picross is always fine with me.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e851fc84effd
    deactivated-5e851fc84effd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been playing Golf Story for about 3 hours now lol. It seems awesome so far and definitely a great game to have on Switch.

xanadu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

...so what are the 14 games??

Avatar image for deactivated-64162a4f80e83
    deactivated-64162a4f80e83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@xanadu said:

Think they'll be the same as the EU store.

Golf Story, Picross S, Butcher, Deemo, Brave Dungeon + Dark Witch's Story: Combat, Pankapu, Astro Bears Party, Conga Master Party, Sparkle 2, Burning Fight (Neo Geo), Inversus, Physical Contact Picture Place, Binaries.

Mario Bros came out yesterday

Fifa 18 & One Piece: Unlimited World Red - Deluxe Edition out tomorrow with the chance of some unanounced ones alongside it.

Next week the most notable releases: Lovers In A Dangerous Spacetime & Axiom Verge. More will be added last minute which seems to be the theme, most the games just appear unannounced.

RetroMetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By RetroMetal

Apparently it's 17 titles now.

Tower Of Babel - Released Sep 28, 2017

$9.99

Super Ultra Star Shooter - Released Sep 28, 2017

$1.99

Sparkle 2 - Released Sep 28, 2017

$7.99

PICROSS S - Released Sep 28, 2017

$7.99

Physical Contact: Picture Place - Released Sep 28, 2017

$4.99

Pankapu - Released Sep 28, 2017

$11.99

INVERSUS Deluxe - Released Sep 28, 2017

$14.99

HIVE JUMP - Released Sep 28, 2017

$14.99

Golf Story - Released Sep 28, 2017

$14.99

Double Dungeons - Released Sep 28, 2017

$5.99

DEEMO - Released Sep 28, 2017

$29.99

Conga Master Party! - Released Sep 28, 2017

$9.95

BUTCHER - Released Sep 28, 2017

$9.99

Brave Dungeon + Dark Witch Story:COMBAT - Released Sep 28, 2017

$8.99

Binaries - Released Sep 28, 2017

$12.99

Astro Bears Party - Released Sep 28, 2017

$4.99

ACA NEOGEO BURNING FIGHT - Released Sep 28, 2017

$7.99

@xanadu said:

Casepb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Switch eshop really needs a makeover now. Just having recent and best sellers categories is a bit lacking. Would really appreciate a section just for demos for one.

cloudymusic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By cloudymusic

Picross S is a no-brainer for me. The Picross E games on 3DS were a fantastic value, so I hope the keep releasing them digitally for the Switch too.

mikecardii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@xanadu said:

Think they'll be the same as the EU store.

Golf Story, Picross S, Butcher, Deemo, Brave Dungeon + Dark Witch's Story: Combat, Pankapu, Astro Bears Party, Conga Master Party, Sparkle 2, Burning Fight (Neo Geo), Inversus, Physical Contact Picture Place, Binaries.

Mario Bros came out yesterday

Fifa 18 & One Piece: Unlimited World Red - Deluxe Edition out tomorrow with the chance of some unanounced ones alongside it.

Next week the most notable releases: Lovers In A Dangerous Spacetime & Axiom Verge. More will be added last minute which seems to be the theme, most the games just appear unannounced.

yooooo I didn't know Axiom Verge was coming. That's awesome.

MocBucket62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

#10  Edited By MocBucket62

This is actually a big week for digital releases not only because of those 14 eShop games, but Cuphead comes out tomorrow on Steam and the XBOX1.

The game I want to play the most on that list is Golf Story! I was also ready sold when the trailers made it look like a hybrid of Harvest Moon and the portable Mario Golf games, but Patrick Klepek's positive impressions and Eurogamer's review (recommended) sold me even more. Really hope Dan covers Golf Story since a golf RPG with HM/Stardew Valley relationship building seems right up his alley.

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By mrfluke

Picross is life definitely getting that.

And cool that lovers is out on switch, great choice for the platform

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By Ben_H

Lovers In A Dangerous Spacetime

That seems like the perfect game to have on Switch. Most people are guaranteed to have at least 3 controllers (the joycons and a pro controller, or maybe a spare set of joycons) so it would work great.

I still think Nidhogg/Nidhogg 2 would be the ultimate Switch game. You could just carry your Switch around and throw down with people anywhere.

I was worried I wouldn't have enough to play on Switch and now I'm battling a backlog. I haven't finished Mario + Rabbids (which is FANTASTIC), Steamworld Dig 2 has sunk its claws in deep, I still am trundling through Zelda, play random rounds of Binding of Isaac (It's so good on Switch!) and Puyo Puyo Tetris, and I still have an unhealthy relationship with Splatoon 2. I haven't played Axiom Verge and the Switch seems perfect for it so I'll get that next week. I also want the new golf game and Picross. Mario Odyssey hasn't even come out yet.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Might pick up Picross tonight. Already got Golf Story mostly sight unseen because it's golf and an rpg, duh.

Lot of the rest seems somewhat shovelware-y but I'm sure there's some more gems there. Just ain't got the time.

BrunoTheThird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By BrunoTheThird

Really liking Golf Story, i'm a quarter through. The writing has the acerbic punch of oldschool Pokemon; the mechanics are interesting, varied, and fun; the vibration in the joycons is craaaaazy feeling, too. They vibrate in a descending pitch sometimes -- in a musical way, like music tickling your bones, not just a drone or a buzz. They definitely put more work into the extra rumble capabilities, however novel. It's super weird but I like it.

Picross S is great, of course. Quickly did the first five puzzles to test out the control method, and it's fine. Hold 'a' and move to highlight columns super quickly, etc. The snappy, clicky Switch buttons removed my worries even further. A stylus is preferred for Picross, but this feels totally intuitive and easy to master as a replacement.

Dan_CiTi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Grabbin dat FIFA and Picross! tis a good day for Switch.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Guess I'll finally try Picross, now that I have a device for it. Would also be nice to give Axiom another attempt, but going to wait for a sale on that, if it's 20€ from the start.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.