Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Nintendo Switch

Platform »

Nintendo's home console that can be turned into a portable device by removing it from its TV-dock. Launched worldwide on March 3, 2017.

A new idea for a GB award: Best Use of HD Rumble?

MocBucket62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By MocBucket62

Hey its another thread where the community is still eagerly anticipating the GB GOTY awards, even though we're about to enter the month of October. I was thinking about what possible new awards Giant Bomb could have just for 2017 or in the future. Since this is the debut year of the Nintendo Switch, maybe there can be an award dedicated to one feature it has: which game uses HD Rumble? This could be done in a similar vain of when they did Best Miiverse in 2012, when the Wii U launched. Granted I know the Giant Bomb hasn't talked about this feature much, but everyone seemed on board with it when first announced and maybe this could be a fun topic to discuss. If you like the idea, maybe throw some ideas as to what games you thought did HD Rumble justice. Here's a list of games that would probably be in consideration for Best Use of HD Rumble if it exists:

• Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
    • Puyo Puyo Tetris
    • ARMS
    • Tumbleseed
    • Splatoon 2
    • Thumper (Old Game)
    • Steamworld Dig 2
    • Golf Story (If its looked at)
    • *Super Mario Odyssey
    • *Skyrim
    • *LA Noire Switch (Old game, I know)
    • *DOOM Switch (Another old game, but I wonder how HD Rumble would feel for a game that lets you rip open demons)

The last four are not out yet, I know. But I feel these unreleased games should have some promising HD Rumble if the developers put the effort into it.

krushr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Honestly, I barely notice the rumble on the Switch, and I'm not sure anything outside of 1, 2, Switch! actually uses it to it's full potential. It's certainly not as revolutionary as they portrayed it in that announcement stream.

Avatar image for deactivated-60481185a779c
    deactivated-60481185a779c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Honestly at this point HD Rumble is likely to be the punchline in the "Fucking What?" category. It seems to have only been mentioned in relation to 1, 2, Switch! and how dumb the name is.

kblosnack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I'm waiting for the 4K rumble

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.