Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Nintendo Switch

Platform »

Nintendo's home console that can be turned into a portable device by removing it from its TV-dock. Launched worldwide on March 3, 2017.

What's the best 2023 release for someone like me?

sombre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Poll What's the best 2023 release for someone like me? (9 votes)

Tears of the Kingdom 0%
    Pikmin 4 44%
    Super Mario Wonder 33%
    Final Fantasy 4/5/6 Pixel Remake 22%
    Other (Please explain) 0%

Hello pals,

I'm constantly chasing that high from 2018 when I was really enjoying games, and I heard that 2023 was super for the Switch. However, I'm looking for some community input about what to go for!

To give each one a little context:

TOTK: I absolutely hated BOTW, despite being a Zelda fan since Link's Awakening on the Game Boy. I found BOTW's aimless meandering really tedious and hated the weapon durability stuff. I hear TOTK is an improvement in every way, but is it really that much different?

Pikmin 4: Never played a Pikmin game, but 4 looks lovely, and the GOTY stuff makes it sound fun as hell. Big bonus is that it seems really short, and I want a game short enough to actually finish.

Mario Wonder: It's a Mario mainline game, so I'm sure it's lovely, but I've always preferred 3D. If you guys say it's good though, I'll be interested.

FFPR: Mainly for nostalgia. I never actually finished a SNES FF game, they all got too hard at the end when I was a child. 6 is the most appealing, but I've liked 4+5 in the past

Any other games you guys would reccomend? Not Baldur's Gate, as I tried and it was crap

• 
    bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By bigsocrates

If you hated BOTW for weapon durability and lack of direction then TOTK is probably not for you.

Mario Wonder is great, but underneath the flashy transformation stuff it's a pretty easy and short 2D Mario game and it kind of is what you think it is.

I haven't played Pikmin 4, but at least that's something new and different.

I assume you've played or don't want to play Metroid Prime?

Are we restricted to Switch games from 2023? If you like RPGs I think Xenoblade Chronicles 3 is pretty fantastic. The DLC came out last year too.

chamurai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Pikmin seems to be the easy recommendation. There's very few caveats you need to add with it unlike TotK and Mario Wonder. It's a solid game and most who play it don't hve a bad thing to say.

AV_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By AV_Gamer

I don't know if you like the Yakuza games, but Like A Dragon: Gaiden's main story campaign is short, with a lot of fun mini-games to play after you're done with it. Plus, you can play the demo to Infinite Money after you're done, and it's a decent size demo.

I picked Super Mario Bros. Wonder, in case you don't like the Yakuza series or their spinoffs.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.