Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Not a Hero

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released May 14, 2015

A 2D, side-scrolling shooter from the makers of OlliOlli.

NOT A HERO DEMO HACKED AND LEAKED!

mrcraggle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By mrcraggle

VOTE BUNNYLORD MAY 7th

From Roll7, the creators of OlliOlli and OlliOlli 2: Welcome to Olliwood, comes something a little bit different. Roll7 swap out the brutal difficulty of their previous games for a hyper violent pixel art shooter in the run up to the UK general elections.

I got to play this a a little over a month back at EGX Rezzed which is a small convention that celebrates smaller/independent games compared to it's bigger counterpart EGX which shows off your typical AAA/big budget games. While the demo you can download isn't very challenging, it certainly ramped up in the later levels that I got to play, especially when you're given 3 bonus objectives to complete which most certainly involves throwing yourself out of windows to save yourself a few seconds rather than just walk down the stairs plus the levels become much more complex to navigate and the enemies become much more difficult.

Flappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I don't usually play games in this style, but something about this game feels right. I'll definitely look out for it when it comes to the Vita.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

TyrellOCP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

Completely missed this at EGX and, after watching that trailer, am disappointed about it.

It was tricky to tell through all the video effects, is there a slowdown and slide mechanic?

mrcraggle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tyrellocp: I should've posted an actual gameplay video, the one above is just playing into their fucked up humour that's in the game. From what I've played, there's no slow down mechanic but each character has their own abilities so maybe one character can slow things down, I don't know but yes, you can slide, at least with the characters you unlock in the demo. There's also a character called Jesus who has faster movement but I forget what his con was. There was also a female character I played as who runs around with double pistols who can run and shoot at the same time but she can't take cover. So ideally you want to slide into cover and take shots out while the enemy runs towards you.

I'm sure this trailer will do a better job of getting the game across better:

Loading Video...

Rickman33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Is this game really coming to Xbox One? I haven't found any information on that.

mrcraggle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rickman33: Their website only lists PC, PS4 and Vita.

Rickman33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrcraggle:

Because it also says Xbox One on Giant Bomb for some reason.

mrcraggle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rickman33: Considering it's a wiki, maybe someone put that there by mistake. You could always contact them on Twitter to find out.

kewlsnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

You can play the demon on steam. It looks fun but I'm not sure if there is a lot of meat to it. If the variation comes from killing people in different ways, that's fine by me.

Avatar image for adequatelyprepared
    AdequatelyPrepared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Played the demo, along with quite a few other demoes I had missed, on Steam. Seems really fun, I might get it if early impressions seem positive.
    There has to be a character that can shooting while sliding right? Right?

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

I like the idea of Olli Olli but I really disliked the way you play it. Generally I don't like stick movements for inputting tricks and I thought the amount of precision required of the player was higher than the game afforded.

So while I think this looks really fun I'm kind of wary of how it controls. I'll have to check out the demo. I enjoyed Gunpoint a lot and I know they were sort of inspired by it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.