Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Oculus Rift

Accessory »

The Oculus Rift is a virtual reality headset for the PC released in March 2016.

So I got my Oculus Rift last week and the first game I beat was Mirror's Edge

Avatar image for deactivated-5a00c029ab7c1
    deactivated-5a00c029ab7c1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

After years and years of waiting for VR finally got my Rift last week I never played any VR before did it lived up to the hype? yes! but it's not perfect the screendoor effect is noticeable also wearing glasses in the Rift is a pain literally at times I really hope VR lens comes out this Summer.Anyway's I been playing mostly old games using Vorpx it's pretty cool but alot of these old games have graphical bugs but it's still neat to go and explore your old favorite games in VR .I just like to say I think this whole motion sickness panic for VR games is blown out of proportion like I said I beat Mirrors Edge also played F.E.A.R. and some Bioshock Infinite and I didn't feel motion sick once maybe I'm lucky or maybe it's not as bad as people make it out to be.I guess I'm just making this post to say Motion sickness I feel has been highly exaggeration and if your getting a VR headset I wouldn't worry that much.Also playing FPS shooters in VR is a blast I wish these devs would update some of there old titles with good VR so we could get great experiences without the graphical bugs. I seriously would pay to play FarCry 3 without the issues vorpx has.The cutscenes in Farcry 3 in Oculus look amazing seriously but the ugly shadow graphical issues make it unplayable.Anyway I been rambling I'm just happy to say Virtual Reality is here and it has so much potential.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

You can't say motion sickness is an exaggeration because it doesn't apply to you. That's like saying any addiction isn't real because you're not easily addicted. It seems to be a genetic thing. I've seen people hurl after 10 minutes with a VR game and nothing happens to me after 4 hours. That doesn't mean their experience is void. People are different.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a00c029ab7c1
    deactivated-5a00c029ab7c1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

That's true to people that have extremely motion sickness but I was expecting the worst when I played Mirror's Edge nothing happen the only little weird feeling sometimes is when the camera in a cutscense is flying all over the place and you can't control it.I feel though alot of these YouTubers and people just jump to the conclusion that that a normal FPS will make you sick I'm sure it's possible.But I don't think it's as bad as people are thinking it can be it will be interesting in a year to see how people are adapting.

Avatar image for deactivated-5835c1f29813e
    deactivated-5835c1f29813e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I've got mine but haven't messed with it as much as I would like to. Any suggestions for games?

habster3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I get a headache really quickly from VR--like, within the first few minutes of use--so I think I'll be sitting this one out. Glad you're having fun with it, though.

nyberrite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I also have a rift, I didn't think I would suffer motion sickness, I was wrong.

not sick sick, just a queasy feeling in the stomach and dizziness that I didn't enjoy.

eternalshades

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By eternalshades

@tpath: Same here. I never feel like vomiting... but after playing Metroid Prime on dolphinVR for 30min I felt ~wrong~ for the rest of the evening. I want to try tweaking some setting to make it more tolerable though, because it was actually kinda awesome.

I never have any problems with any of the native VR games I've tried though. Even riding crazy roller-coasters in Chunks didn't affect me at all.

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jec03: You don't seem to understand that different people experience it differently. A lot of people would feel sick playing a FPS in VR.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
    TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

#9  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

The only time I get sick when using my Rift is when I have to move the camera with any other input than my head. I'm fine with character position and movement. As a general rule, I would say don't play games in Vr that aren't specifically designed with that in mind. The Oculus store has a comfort level label, that I think is critical to the purchasing process. Something like Omega Agent (Which I bought during the Oculus sale recently) was labeled intense. I didn't even notice that until after I played the game and stumbled back on the store to check while fighting the feeling to lay down from the queasiness. I hope going forward people will come to understand that Vr isn't a black and white "You will get sick or you won't get sick" thing: it's the experiences that dictate that.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i would probably become a veritable fountain of vomit in this scenario

void

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I got my Rift this week and the first game I tried was No Limits 2 thinking that would be fine since I do enjoy roller coasters in real life. Nope. Requested refund within 10 minutes. Eve Valkyrie was totally fine for some reason. Maybe more of a latency thing or something in my case? I haven't really tried much else to find out.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.