Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

OnLive

Concept »

OnLive was a cloud gaming service offering video game streaming through a user's computer, smartphone, or TV.

Onlive - Space Marine multiplayer mode is disabled - WTF

Dread612

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Dread612

So a warning to everyone, I picked up Space Marine for $1 with Onlive's promotion. So I started up the game and wanted to check out the mulitplayer modes. I figured since the free co-op DLC was coming this week it would be a good pick up. So when you try to launch the mulitplayer mode in the menu it states: Multiplayer mode is currently disabled.

I went back to the store front and it only states that multiplayer mode is disabled if you click on the "more info" tab. It says mutiplayer mode is "coming soon", however the game was released 9/5/2011. It's almost 2 month later and they still haven't sorted that shit out.

Kinda weak. So any game you buy, make sure you click on the "more info" tab to see if its missing features. Sigh.

Good job Onlive, you successfully got me to try your service with $1 promotion. However you instantly lost me as a repeat consumer because your games are missing modes.

clstirens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By clstirens

@Dread612 said:

So a warning to everyone, I picked up Space Marine for $1 with Onlive's promotion. So I started up the game and wanted to check out the mulitplayer modes. I figured since the free co-op DLC was coming this week it would be a good pick up. So when you try to launch the mulitplayer mode in the menu it states: Multiplayer mode is currently disabled.

I went back to the store front and it only states that multiplayer mode is disabled if you click on the "more info" tab. It says mutiplayer mode is coming soon, game was released 9/5/2011. It's almost 2 month later and they still haven't sorted that shit out.

Kinda weak. So any game you buy, make sure you click on the more info to tab to see if its missing features. Sigh.

Good job Onlive, you successfully got me to try your service with $1 promotion. However you instantly lost me as a repeat consumer because your games are missing modes.

I really feel like Onlive has improved SO MUCH since it came out, but stupid crap like disabled multiplayer is definitely holding the service back. Space Marine was the same price on Onlive that it was for pc (which was only $10 less than the console version) I REALLY feel like they need to properly convey these missing features up front, because it tends to alienate customers more than not having the game at all.

That being said, I too just bought Space Marine for $1, and I'm LOVING it. In the end, I'm not complaining that I didn't get multiplayer so much is I'm definitely feeling slightly mislead that these games are "feature complete"

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By SeriouslyNow

Buying...pfeh.  You aren't buying anything.  You're kinda, sorta, maybe renting it.  Even then, it's a hobbled version which will never be feature complete (even with multiplayer enabled) because you can't edit the files, use any mods or even run the game at its maximum settings.  OnLive blows.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.