Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Origin

Concept »

A digital distribution platform owned and operated by EA.

Can I download a game that I bought a physical copy of?

Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Lukeweizer

I've lost my Battlefield 2 discs and was wondering if I could download it through Origin since I have to login with my e-mail. EA makes you use your EA account e-mail for everything, so I figured they'd have some kind of record that I owned (or at least activated a CD key) the game in the past.

Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By Aetheldod
    @Lukeweizer

Ha... duder if you could be the world leader :)
    clstirens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By clstirens

@Lukeweizer:

Games released before 2007 cannot be added into origin. You might try Customer Service, but I seriously doubt you'll get anything out of them. Sorry to tell you that, man.

DonPixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By DonPixel

@Lukeweizer: It worked for me with my 5 year old copy of Battlefield 2, If you have the code go to setting>>redeem product code. It worked also for all the EA games I bought on Steam, including Bad Company 2, Mass Effect and Dragon Age.

Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By Lukeweizer

@clstirens said:

@Lukeweizer:

Games released before 2007 cannot be added into origin. You might try Customer Service, but I seriously doubt you'll get anything out of them. Sorry to tell you that, man.

From what I've seen, contacting customer service is the last thing I'd ever want to do. Ever.

@DonPixel said:

@Lukeweizer: It worked for me with my 5 year old copy of Battlefield 2, If you have the code go to setting>>redeem product code. It worked also for all the EA games I bought on Steam, including Bad Company 2, Mass Effect and Dragon Age.

Code is in the box, which I can't find.

DonPixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By DonPixel

@Lukeweizer: MM Then dunno dude, Worst case scenario buy it again is like $15 or something with all the ExPac not a bad deal.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.