Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Origin

Concept »

A digital distribution platform owned and operated by EA.

Questions about Origin Pre-loading and Mass Effect Trial Save Transfer

xanadu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

I went ahead and gave EA 5 dollars so I could try out the first 10 hours of Mass Effect: Andromeda. Yes, the face and overall animations are not great. But also yes, it is more mass effect and as a big fan, that's all I really need. So I had a couple questions about how Origin handles pre-loading as well the save file transfer between the trial and retail versions. My biggest question about pre-loading is how it relates to Steam pre-loading? Does it take just as long to unpack a game on steam? I have a fiber optic internet connection and It really is faster for me to download upon release instead of pre-loading with steam.

About those save files...Does origin keep these save files in "the cloud"? I want to run this game on my SSD which obvioulsy has limited space. Im hoping I can delete the trial version BEFORE downloading the retail version and have no issues transferring my save file. Can anyone confirm it works this way? Thanks as always duders.

rethla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By rethla

Your save is in the cloud and the trial version is the full game so you dont need to download and install anything else when the game releases.

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By Marz

saves should be in the documents folder though will sync with cloud if enabled. the trial version is the retail version you should just be able to copy paste it to your new location

jay_ray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By jay_ray

I just assumed the trial version turned into the full game given that the file size of the trial is the same as the required space for the full game

xanadu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Well shit didnt know the trial version was the same thing as the retail one. I was getting thrown off because my Origin library has two Mass Effect Andronama listed with one labeled Trial.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.