Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Pandora's Tower

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released May 26, 2011

An Action RPG about a girl who turns into a terrible beast unless she eats the hearts of monsters and the guy who's killing those monsters for her.

How to attach the chain to the first boss?

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#1  Edited By Jeust

I throw the chain but it generally bounces off the boss, and sometimes the chain behaves like a charmed snake, floating. I wait till the cursor shines. But it doesn't seem to work. Puppy that chain!

I'm playing with the controller. I'm having a time similar to Justin McElroy with Nier's fishing:

StarFox_Mulder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By StarFox_Mulder

I just started playing this game tonight and have just beaten the first boss, then I thought I'd come here to look at the forums - wow.

You just aim the cursor at its face. Build up the power by holding C when it's hooked in then yank the wiimote for some major splosh. For some reason this game is making me nervous because I'm scared of running out of time or not giving the scabby bride enough presents.

And wtf is that thing on that Mavda's back? It's terrifying.
    EDIT: I've just gone back to the house after leaving wifey heavily into the red. It's a mucky ride. I'm liking this game. It's reminding me of a combo of Resident Evil because of the notes, Devil May Cry, and Prince of Persia. If you haven't played the Wii version of Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands then get right on it. Superb game.

I'm going to play this, then Last Story then Xenoblade with maybe Fragile Dreams somewhere in that to break it up. Man, I'm feeling the same about the Wii as the PS2 at the moment, it's so good.

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Jeust

@starfox_mulder said:

I just started playing this game tonight and have just beaten the first boss, then I thought I'd come here to look at the forums - wow.

You just aim the cursor at its face. Build up the power by holding C when it's hooked in then yank the wiimote for some major splosh. For some reason this game is making me nervous because I'm scared of running out of time or not giving the scabby bride enough presents.

And wtf is that thing on that Mavda's back? It's terrifying.

EDIT: I've just gone back to the house after leaving wifey heavily into the red. It's a mucky ride. I'm liking this game. It's reminding me of a combo of Resident Evil because of the notes, Devil May Cry, and Prince of Persia. If you haven't played the Wii version of Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands then get right on it. Superb game.

I'm going to play this, then Last Story then Xenoblade with maybe Fragile Dreams somewhere in that to break it up. Man, I'm feeling the same about the Wii as the PS2 at the moment, it's so good.

Yeah it is. I finally got it working and just finished the third boss. The problem had to do with me thinking that the button for building up the power was just a magnifying lens and the trigger to be able to shoot the chain, that it wouldn't shoot the chain itself, so as I shot the chain i'd immediately press the button to yank it so it would rarely stick at the boss's flesh, but the C button does everything automatically. ahah I'm still getting used to the gameplay characteristic of the Wii.

And I'm loving the game now. It is great and mysterious. It feels like a mishmash of Diablo 1 with its indoors settings and Nier with it's plot and gameplay.

I have also played Fragile Dreams. I like it. It's quite a minimalistic and emotional experience, with wacky characters and aesthetics reminiscing of japanese animation.

StarFox_Mulder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

It says something about using the zoom then it doing 5 hits if you do it when it targets in, which I presume is the 4 corners of the cursor moving into the middle. Not got it to work yet, the chain just hangs in the air like a charmed cobra.

This is the first game I've played in ages where I'm a bit edgy because taking it on feels like it could be a huge task. I always finish everything and it's so bad if you start something cack.

I've done 2 bosses, half way through third tower. Erika left some right slug trails when I brought home the bacon during this mission. And I don't think it's a spoiler but I don't trust Mavda and that monstrosity at all - I wouldn't be surprised if they were the cause of all this and using me in some way. be Please don't even respond to that if you've played through it. All comments welcome if you're playing it.

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Jeust
    @starfox_mulder said:

It says something about using the zoom then it doing 5 hits if you do it when it targets in, which I presume is the 4 corners of the cursor moving into the middle. Not got it to work yet, the chain just hangs in the air like a charmed cobra.

This is the first game I've played in ages where I'm a bit edgy because taking it on feels like it could be a huge task. I always finish everything and it's so bad if you start something cack.

I've done 2 bosses, half way through third tower. Erika left some right slug trails when I brought home the bacon during this mission. And I don't think it's a spoiler but I don't trust Mavda and that monstrosity at all - I wouldn't be surprised if they were the cause of all this and using me in some way. be Please don't even respond to that if you've played through it. All comments welcome if you're playing it.

Yeah i've learned about the 5 hits. Although it don't get it to work most of the time. ahah

And you're right. I felt awful by having problems on the onset of the game. But personally now that I'm at the third tower it doesn't feel that hard. Sure there are some enemies that are hard to defeat, but it doesn't feel like a genuinely hard game. Personally I think the secret is in upgrading the weapons, and the armour, and heaving some medicine on stock when hitting the dungeon. I also feel that dodging is a important mechanic and grabbing enemies with the chain and throwing them around is very useful especially in large enviroments and with groups of enemies, as you can hit all of them with one enemy chained and control the crowds.

About Mavda, I don't think she has anything to do with it, but I feel there was some foul play at the thirteen towers.

ike7779

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@jeust said:

@starfox_mulder said:

I have also played Fragile Dreams. I like it. It's quite a minimalistic and emotional experience, with wacky characters and aesthetics reminiscing of japanese animation.

Had to post to throw my hat in the ring for Fragile Dreams! It is a game with that eerie, quiet, ethereal atmosphere I just adore.

Finishing the other games you listed, along with Nintendo's E3 conference this year, is the main reason I'm considering getting a WiiU.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.