Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Papers, Please

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Aug 08, 2013

A graphical adventure game about Cold War-era immigration control, where players take the role of an immigration inspector who must control the flow of people entering a fictional Soviet-style nation. Glory to Arstotzka!

Papers, Please just got approved via steam greenlight!

expensiveham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#2 MattyFTM  Moderator

I hope he can do something interesting to expand on the concept. I loved the beta, but if that game just adds more levels in the current style, it's going to get really repetetive before long

It could perhaps take some inspiration from Cart Life and go down the "life simulation" route. Seeing more aspects of your characters life, life in Arstotzka in general, and how that changes with the immigration could be really interesting and would add more varied gameplay.

Avatar image for equitasinvictus
    EquitasInvictus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I'm definitely excited! It looks like there'll even be an endless mode, too, so I'll probably be able to sink quite a few hours into it.

I haven't had this much hype for a game with an endless mode since Recettear!

rjpelonia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

The system really works!

Though out of the few games I have supported, this is the only one that has actually been greenlit thus far. Which is still a bummer for the system as a whole.

Nivash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

That's great! The beta was excellent. There were some lose threads, like those tokens - were they actually implemented and I simply failed to figure out how to use them or was that just the beta-aspect, by the way?

GeekDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By GeekDown

I voted for it as soon as I finished the beta. Hope that we won't have to wait too long until it's released. I will buy it on day one for sure.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I finally relented and played for the first time yesterday and man if he can make the game much longer than just the six days and have more scenarios/interesting characters that'll be great. I can't wait for the final release!

Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By Jams

I'll be definitely getting it at some point. I actually haven't played it yet even though it's free. I really liked what I saw though when GB played it.

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

man my kids are going to die again :/

F33L

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

https://twitter.com/CM_Games/status/430472940958674945 you might wanna check this out :P

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.