Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Payday 2

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Aug 13, 2013

Team up with three other masked heisters and take on a new epic crime spree in the sequel to Overkill's original crime-themed first-person shooter.

Worth it on 360?

KirePDX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Looks like a fun game, despite the QL (I recognize that Jeff isn't the best guide). However, is it worth getting on the 360? This really seems like a PC kind of game.

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

I haven't played it but I don't see why it wouldn't be good on 360. If you can get a good group of friends to play it'll probably be awesome.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Fun co-op game that has its faults, but still enjoyable so I say go for it. If you want to ask me anything about the game feel free.

KirePDX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@falserelic:

I definitely think it looks like a lot of fun, and have watched enough of it in action to get a good sense for it (I think). I was asking more about performance on the 360 - does it play smoothly, and is there a community for it?

I feel like most of what I've seen has been PC-first for it, so don't want to pick it up and discover that the 360 has a janky framerate or no one is playing.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By falserelic

@kirepdx said:

@falserelic:

I definitely think it looks like a lot of fun, and have watched enough of it in action to get a good sense for it (I think). I was asking more about performance on the 360 - does it play smoothly, and is there a community for it?

I feel like most of what I've seen has been PC-first for it, so don't want to pick it up and discover that the 360 has a janky framerate or no one is playing.

I own the ps3 version, but from my experience it runs pretty smooth. Theirs alot of people playing the game, but the matchmaking system acts kinda funny.

cbarnes86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd say chatting (granted people use THEIR MICS!!!!) is easier on a console. A lot of people don't have mics that work for PCs and consoles usually bundle them in. That being said, I'd say if you knew more people with a PC, get that version. Not only is it cheaper, but it looks way better and will probably have a bigger community in the long run. I got the 360 version and love it, but wish I had a dedicated group of 4 to go through and do stuff.

DharmaBum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By DharmaBum

I'm playing on 360 with a few buddies, but even if you're alone you can set it to allow randoms to join mid-game. Seems like there's plenty of people playing now that it's on the XBL marketplace.

Framerate is fine, textures are muddier than the PC version, but overall a smooth performance.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.