Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

EVGA GTX 260 Overclocked vs HD 5830

greenblattsam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By greenblattsam

I AM NOT STARTING A FLAME WAR. I am just asking from personal experience and performance which would be the better card to purchase. Thanks for the help. 
    *GTX 260 Superclocked

HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By HitmanAgent47

Well bechmark wise the HD5830 is slightly better. Most ppl doesn't complain about the gtx260 core 216 or maxcore version though. It should power most games well enough.

greenblattsam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By greenblattsam

Okay I am very close to ordering a new i7 930 with a superclocked thanks for the help.

HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By HitmanAgent47

You know the other card is more powerful since it always has more framerates and it has DX11 effects and it's about the same price on newegg. You can overclock the videocard yourself, ask any pc gamer on the forum they will teach you. I like nvidia more than ati, however I think your making a mistake buying a outdated phased out card with no DX11 effects with less framerates for about the same price. Then again don't say I didn't tell you so.

SlasherMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By SlasherMan

HD 5830, definitely. Unless you absolutely have to have PhysX and CUDA support but can't afford anything better than the 260 on the Nvidia side of things.
    Otherwise, the HD 5830 is faster, has DX11 support, Eyefinity (if multiple monitors is your thing).

To be perfectly honest, I'd drop the i7 for an i5 and get a 5850 instead.

greenblattsam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By greenblattsam

I am going with an i7 because I will be using it to render HD video. Now my mind can't be made up :(. I love nvidia but can't seem to pass up the 5830.

Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Geno

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.