Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

Gaming Laptop

This topic is locked from further discussion.

adam914

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

My wife wants a gaming laptop for Christmas. Does anyone have any recommendations? Can you upgrade a laptop like you can a traditional PC? I appreciate the help.

zorban_zorban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Only RAM (I mean you can potentially upgrade graphics card on some of the Alien laptops, but it's not feasible, not feasible at all).

Also, what kind of games your wife's gonna be playing? Can you name a few titles? That's just to avoid overkill.

adam914

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By adam914

Overkill is what I was trying to avoid. It is mostly indie games. Most triple A games she would prefer to play on a console. She does want to play Battlegrounds, and Sims 4.

mikewhy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Do you have a price range?

The Clevo/Sager stuff can be pretty cheap for what you get: http://www.malibal.com/#

adam914

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By adam914

I was trying to set a max of 1300, but I would love to spend less.

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By FacelessVixen

Going through Newegg, the Acer Predator Helios and MSI GS Series Stealth Pro models seem to fit the criteria. Mobile i7s and GTX 1060s make for good mid-range performance where playing games in 1080p/60 frames at high if not ultra setting shouldn't be a problem, and cost less than $1,300 at the time I'm posting this.

-Edit-
    Actually, wait a sec. Didn't see "mostly indie games" since my suggestions can handle "triple A." Maybe looking for something with a mobile i5 and GTX 1050 will suffice.

hmoney001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really like the look of the Razer gaming laptops.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.