Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

Playstation Now on PC

tartyron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By tartyron

So, anyone else try this out? I signed up for the trial and have discovered some things about the previous console generation (which I mostly missed). Here are some things I noticed.

Going back to things like inFamous 1, I was sorta shocked that ps3 game looked that chunky. I remember ps2 games that looked a bit better than that, though lower resolution. The sequel look tons better, but still moved in a way that felt outdated now. Maybe I'm a Prototype guy?

I finally got to see what the hype was about on Journey, and holy god, it deserved all the praise. I met three little friends on the way, the first I witnessed sit down and crumble to dust, breaking my heart. The other I walked into the end with, and we drew little hearts in the snow, making be believe in life after love.

I tired to play Heavy Rain, but couldn't brush my teeth and couldn't back out, due to using an Xbox One controller without motion controls. This is a significant setback, as the only controllers that would work that I know of would be Playstation controllers. I dunno if there would be comparable generic controllers. This also prevented a feature in Trash Panic where I couldn't shake the garbage can.

Also, more strangeness with controllers, Uncharted 2 didn't work with my Xbox One controller, but it totally worked fine with my wired 360 controller. So I assume some other games will have similar issues.

My take away from this so far is that it's a good deal for the free trial, but some of the issues such as the lack of functionality without motion controls/sixaxis and a catalog with, what I feel, are huge gaps in the games I wanted to play but missed out on (Demon's Soul's, Yakuza 3 and 4, Red Red Redemption), I'll not pay for it unless there are some developments.

So, other thoughts?

ez123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

I'm trying the 7-day trial and it's pretty good. Played some Infamous 2 until realizing that I had to do a bunch of side missions for better powers. Now playing Festival of Blood which is much better in terms of quick progression. Game looks good and it's very responsive. At some points, the game stream crapped out when a lot of stuff was happening on the screen but it's been fine since then. Controller latency was much more noticeable in God of War and Resistance.

I'm using the XB1 controller and it works great(no motion control games). Only problem is the "R1 to shoot" thing which Infamous doesn't have an option to swap.

It didn't dissuade me from buying a month somewhere down the line.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By AlexW00d

I tried it. Got a headache from the awful browser, realised there was no good games on it, and then it straight refused to let me play anything anyway after I realised I'd possibly be interested in that Ellen Page videogame.

E: By headache I mean legit headache. I dunno if it scrolls through games at a low fps or just the constant going left motion sicknessed me but it effed me up good.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm hoping Demons' Souls gets on it at some point.

vorsic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I played some Sly Cooper and it worked great. There was a slight delay but it was minor enough to not bother me. It's still a little expensive so I don't know if I'll stay subscribed.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.