Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

So i got this new pc for 800 euros is it any good?

Edin899

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Edin899

Its a  
    Intel i3 530 processor. (2.9 ghz)

6gb ddr3 
    geforce gt320 1gb
    Got a 1080p hd lcd  with it, i think its about 24 of 25 inch. 

Remember that 800 euros is around 1100 dollars. But because of the tax here and a bunch of stuff the money comes down to the same thing. 
    So is it any good?

Three0neFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Three0neFive

CPU: Dual-cores are quickly becoming outdated, by todays standards this is probably somewhere in  the low end of the mid-range cards.
    RAM: Unless you have a 64-bit OS you're only going to be able to use about half that. Otherwise pretty nice.
    GPU: Looks pretty mediocre. It's also an OEM card, so you won't be able to overclock either.

Basically don't expect to even be able to run most recent games very well (or at all, depending on how recent we''re talking) in 1080p unless you set everything else to low. And for $1100? Dang dude, sorry to say but that's a horrible "deal".

FirePrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By FirePrince

Dude 1080p is the place where you went wrong.It's not a bad machine,neither was mine,then I switched to 1080p and had to upgrade.Soo yeah,the resolution will probablly kill it.

armaan8014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 17

#4  Edited By armaan8014
    @Three0neFive said:
    " CPU: Dual-cores are quickly becoming outdated, by todays standards this is probably somewhere in  the low end of the mid-range cards.RAM: Unless you have a 64-bit OS you're only going to be able to use about half that. Otherwise pretty nice.GPU: Looks pretty mediocre. It's also an OEM card, so you won't be able to overclock either. Basically don't expect to even be able to run most recent games very well (or at all, depending on how recent we''re talking) in 1080p unless you set everything else to low. And for $1100? Dang dude, sorry to say but that's a horrible "deal". "
    Hey I have a core 2 duo (2.2ghz) processor, 8600gt (512mb) graphic card, and 2gb RAM. And yet I can run MW2 with all video options on and AA and everything with no trace of a lag. And now Im playing DAO on max settings.  No lag at all. Yet my machines specs look lower than his. How is this possible? (or are my specs NOT lower?)
    Edin899

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Edin899
    @armaan8014 said:
    " @Three0neFive said:
    " CPU: Dual-cores are quickly becoming outdated, by todays standards this is probably somewhere in  the low end of the mid-range cards.RAM: Unless you have a 64-bit OS you're only going to be able to use about half that. Otherwise pretty nice.GPU: Looks pretty mediocre. It's also an OEM card, so you won't be able to overclock either. Basically don't expect to even be able to run most recent games very well (or at all, depending on how recent we''re talking) in 1080p unless you set everything else to low. And for $1100? Dang dude, sorry to say but that's a horrible "deal". "
    Hey I have a core 2 duo (2.2ghz) processor, 8600gt (512mb) graphic card, and 2gb RAM. And yet I can run MW2 with all video options on and AA and everything with no trace of a lag. And now Im playing DAO on max settings.  No lag at all. Yet my machines specs look lower than his. How is this possible? (or are my specs NOT lower?) "

Your right..the guy who posted behind me doenst know what he´s talking about.  
    First of all you shouldt look at the price and think o its 1100 dollars. We got alot of taxes over here and a bunch of other stuff . If i go to the dell website and order a m11x alienware its still 800 euro's. And when you go to the american site its 800 dollars. 
    And i cant run recent games very well or at all? Well i just played the crysis demo and i could run it on high with water turned to medium. 
    I got chaos rising from steam and i can run that on all high and some stuff on ultra.  

Edin899

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Edin899
    @Three0neFive:
    its 64 bit, windows 7. and i dont have to run it at 1080p.  
    i can run it at a lower resoulurion and it still looks great.
    korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By korwin

Shouldn't this be a question you should ask BEFORE your make the purchase?  Just sayin'...

Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Gizmo

Honestly, apart from WoW, I don't think you're going to be doing any gaming on that.

Edin899

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Edin899
    @Gizmo said:
    "Honestly, apart from WoW, I don't think you're going to be doing any gaming on that. "

sarcasme............hopefully
    Fuzz_Butt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Fuzz_Butt

You should really ask these kinds of questions before you buy something....

Binman88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Binman88
    @Edin8999 said:
    " @armaan8014 said:
    " @Three0neFive said:
    Hey I have a core 2 duo (2.2ghz) processor, 8600gt (512mb) graphic card, and 2gb RAM. And yet I can run MW2 with all video options on and AA and everything with no trace of a lag. And now Im playing DAO on max settings.  No lag at all. Yet my machines specs look lower than his. How is this possible? (or are my specs NOT lower?) "
    Your right..the guy who posted behind me doenst know what he´s talking about.  First of all you shouldt look at the price and think o its 1100 dollars. We got alot of taxes over here and a bunch of other stuff . If i go to the dell website and order a m11x alienware its still 800 euro's. And when you go to the american site its 800 dollars. And i cant run recent games very well or at all? Well i just played the crysis demo and i could run it on high with water turned to medium. I got chaos rising from steam and i can run that on all high and some stuff on ultra.    "
    If you already know that your low-mid end PC is good enough to run these games, then what exactly is the point of this thread?
    Avatar image for randominternetuser
    RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Gizmo said:

" Honestly, apart from WoW, I don't think you're going to be doing any gaming on that. "

Dude, my computer is a bit worse than this (I have worse RAM and a worse graphics card, processor is a little better), and I can run several newer games.  DMC4 at low/med settings, Left 4 Dead 2 at med, Crysis' demo at low, etc.  He'll be able to run plenty of things fine, maybe not at high settings, but he can easily run plenty of newer stuff.  

Edit:  To answer the question, you could probably have got a much better deal, but it's still an alright computer.  I got mine with a 21" monitor and it's close to the quality of yours (a little worse, as I said) for 700 dollars.
    veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By veektarius

The processor looks like the weak link, but the computer will do fine.  Make sure you install Win 7 64, as the first reply indicated, though, because 32 won't be able to take advantage of all that RAM.

HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By HitmanAgent47

Tbh, I don't think it's worth it, the cpu is weak, the gpu is aweful and a monitor can be bought for $200 that's 1080p, your videocard won't be able to run games on it. I say don't buy it and find something better.

jmrwacko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By jmrwacko
    @Edin8999: It's alright, not unbelievable. Expect to be able to play recently released games on medium graphics, maybe at a lower than native (1080p) resolution. As another user said, it's a little weird that the system you got came with a 1080p monitor, since your gpu may have trouble handling that high a resolution.

Like always, I'm going to say that you can avoid wasting unnecessary euros/dollars by building your own computer, or by asking a friend to help you order the components and build one. Because gaming pc's are a real niche market and people who buy prebuilt desktops are often uninformed, desktop PC's usually cost way more than they need to prebuilt.
    Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Gizmo
    @xobballox said:

"   @Gizmo said:

" Honestly, apart from WoW, I don't think you're going to be doing any gaming on that. "

Dude, my computer is a bit worse than this (I have worse RAM and a worse graphics card, processor is a little better), and I can run several newer games.  DMC4 at low/med settings, Left 4 Dead 2 at med, Crysis' demo at low, etc.  He'll be able to boot plenty of things fine, maybe not at high settings, but he can easily run plenty of newer stuff.  
    fixed

Nah, it'll be ok for low-medium on a lot of games, don't worry about it.
    Edin899

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Edin899
    @xobballox said:
    @Gizmo said:

Dude, my computer is a bit worse than this (I have worse RAM and a worse graphics card, processor is a little better), and I can run several newer games.  DMC4 at low/med settings, Left 4 Dead 2 at med, Crysis' demo at low, etc.  He'll be able to run plenty of things fine, maybe not at high settings, but he can easily run plenty of newer stuff.    Edit:  To answer the question, you could probably have got a much better deal, but it's still an alright computer.  I got mine with a 21" monitor and it's close to the quality of yours (a little worse, as I said) for 700 dollars. "

Well like i said, 800 euros here is the same as 800 dollars there when your talking about pc´s and stuff like that. Because of the taxes and other stuff and their probably just greedy. 
    Just like the m11x alienware laptop is 800 dollars over there and 800 euro´s over here.
    Edin899

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Edin899
    @Veektarius:
    yeah i got windows 7 64 bit on it. 

And to be honest i started this to find out if you guys think my pc is any good, not if i should buy it because i already bought it last week. 
    Im not gonna run these games in full hd.  A couple of resoultions lower at like 1600x something or 1300 x something whatever. 
    I got my xbox running in 720p hd and it looks fine. 
    And alot of you say i can only run newer games on low and maybe medium. 
    Well i just got the chaos rising expansion for dawn of war and i can run that on high on the second highest resolution. 
    I played the crysis demo on high on a pretty good resolution  with good fps. 
    I also ran the streetfighter 4 benchmark and set every possible setting on high and the higest resoultion and i got a average of 40 fps.. 
    So how come so many of you are saying that i can´t run new games on high?  

And i really wanted a pc right now i didnt want to wait 2 or 3 weeks before it got shipped. I would have gotten the m11x alienware if i could sit around and wait. 
    And this was the best pc they had in the store. 
    Everything else had a crappy videocard and 4 gb ddr3 . 
    I think some of you guys think you need the best videocard out there to play games.  
    Ok cool you got a videocard thats 400 bucks and you can run dawn of war 2 with 200 fps. But you know you only need 30fps to make it playable right? 
    So whats wrong with a cheaper card if it gets the job done? Why would i want a 400 dollar videocard thats gonna melt my pc if this gt320 does the job? 
    I can always upgrade in a while if i need to.
    gunslingerNZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#20  Edited By gunslingerNZ

Americans will always think that's a bad deal because you guys get things ridiculously cheap. For the rest of the world that's a pretty good price considering you also got a monitor but it's not really the best system.

Symphony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#21  Edited By Symphony
    @Fuzz_Butt said:
    " You should really ask these kinds of questions before you buy something.... "
    @Binman88 said:
    "If you already know that your low-mid end PC is good enough to run these games, then what exactly is the point of this thread? "
    It's simple really -- This is an Epeen thread. The title really should be "Hey look at the computer I got for 800 Euros!" but posing it as a question allows the topic starter the delusion of modesty.
    Edin899

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Edin899
    @gunslingerNZ:
    Yeah i know its not the best....and the problem is its a acer aspire so its a slim pc. Like 3 times the size of a normal one. You think a better videocard could fit in there? Because i did see pictures of the geforce gt230 and it is a small card.
    jmrwacko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By jmrwacko
    @Edin8999 said:
    " @gunslingerNZ: Yeah i know its not the best....and the problem is its a acer aspire so its a slim pc. Like 3 times the size of a normal one. You think a better videocard could fit in there? Because i did see pictures of the geforce gt230 and it is a small card. "
    Slim cases are a little problematic. You'll have to take measurements and then look at the specifications of the card you want to purchase to see if it'll fit.
    Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 3

#24  Edited By Geno

Erm, where did you get this PC? No reseller that I know of (besides Apple) sells mobile GPU chips on desktops (unless you bought a laptop?). The Geforce GT 320 M is a notebook GPU in line with the 9600M GT; its performance is pretty much low-end at best. It also has to be a decidedly unexciting GPU if after 2 months of its release there are zero reviews or benchmarks for it. For 800 euro you could've gotten something at least twice as good. It's not about playing games at "200 fps", it's about getting the best performance for your money and you got gipped. You essentially bought a console for 800 euro.

You should also make a distinction between running (e.g. got to the menu screen and loaded a level) and playing (60fps ave, 40fps min) at high settings (1920x1080, all settings high-highest with at least 4x AA). 30fps with low-medium settings (which is what you're running at with sub 1080p resolution with no AA if I'm presuming correctly) is not an ideal way to play games. You don't need a 400 dollar graphics card, but a low end OEM mobile GPU isn't going to cut it either if you want to play modern games at reasonable quality and performance.

This is why you ask these type of questions before buying a computer.

Edin899

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Edin899
    @Geno said:
    "Erm, where did you get this PC? No reseller that I know of (besides Apple) sells mobile GPU chips on desktops (unless you bought a laptop?). The Geforce GT 320 M is a notebook GPU in line with the 9600M GT; its performance is pretty much low-end at best. It also has to be a decidedly unexciting GPU if after 2 months of its release there are zero reviews or benchmarks for it. For 800 euro you could've gotten something at least twice as good. It's not about playing games at "200 fps", it's about getting the best performance for your money and you got gipped. You essentially bought a console for 800 euro.

You should also make a distinction between running (e.g. got to the menu screen and loaded a level) and playing (60fps ave, 40fps min) at high settings (1920x1080, all settings high-highest with at least 4x AA). 30fps with low-medium settings (which is what you're running at with sub 1080p resolution with no AA if I'm presuming correctly) is not an ideal way to play games. You don't need a 400 dollar graphics card, but a low end OEM mobile GPU isn't going to cut it either if you want to play modern games at reasonable quality and performance.

This is why you ask these type of questions before buying a computer. "

Well its not the gt320 M its the gt320. 
    And im from the netherlands you guys dont get how its like here. 
    This was the best pc they had in the store. And again, its the same as 800 dollars. 
    And i dont need to run games at 1080 p i don´t know why alot of you keep saying this.  
    The monitor is capable of it. Thats all. 
    Im fine with 1300x something ...... 
    And thats good enough to run modern games at high settings.
    HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By HitmanAgent47

Edited, I thought you mean the gt230 which is a 9600gt. I haven't found too much info on the gt320 for benchmarks though, I did find the card at nvidia's site.

Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 3

#27  Edited By Geno
    @Edin8999: That's the thing, there's no GT 320 for desktops. All GT 300 series GPUs are OEM notebook GPUs. So whoever sold you your desktop used a notebook motherboard with a notebook GPU (and most likely other notebook parts as well). This is shady dealings to say the least. Apple, though horrendously overpriced and laughably underpowered at least does it for form factor and clearly lists it in their technical specs. 
    Daryl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Daryl

Hey, 2001 games will run like a dream.

Edin899

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Edin899
    @Geno said:
    "@Edin8999: That's the thing, there's no GT 320 for desktops. All GT 300 series GPUs are OEM notebook GPUs. So whoever sold you your desktop used a notebook motherboard with a notebook GPU (and most likely other notebook parts as well). This is shady dealings to say the least. Apple, though horrendously overpriced and laughably underpowered at least does it for form factor and clearly lists it in their technical specs.  "

Shady? I got it in a store that has like a 100 stores in my country haha. 
    Ah well i know its the gt320 because thats what i says on the side of the pc and when i did the streetfighter 4 benchmark.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.