Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

What is the best program for using a PS3 controller on Windows 10?

Hayt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Having grabbed Grow Home on a Humble Bundle I'm compelled for the first time since switching to Windows 10 to use one of my controllers. I used to use DS3 Tool grudgingly because it seemed like the dodgiest bit of software I'd ever installed but was the only thing that worked. I recall people on this website mentioning another tool but I forget it's name and googling "DS3 software" isn't really finding what I'm after.

What do you guys use?

The_Nubster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

I know that they've talked about using DS4Windows for the PS4 controllers, and that's what I personally use. In my experience, though, DS3 Tool is the most widespread way of using a Dualshock 3 on Windows (and you're right, it's a nightmare). Can't recall another program that the Bomb Crew would have talked about, they were never big on the PS3 controller.

NeoCalypso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Skip the programs and extra tray icons and use X-input wrapper method. Also I think maybe you are thinking about Motionjoy in regards to dodgy programs. DS3-tool is relatively legit.

OGJackWagon69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By OGJackWagon69

motionjoy was always touchy, dont know if theres a better equivalent these days. If you could be swayed to use a DS4 instead though input mapper works flawlessly for me everyday.

Onemanarmyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Motionjoy is terrible. That driver kept coming back causing problems for me.

Belegorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I totally have a DS3 driver installed. However it's been installed so well that I no longer actually remember the name of it, haven't been able to find it, but any time I plug a ps3 controller in it reads it as a 360 one.

How I long for the days of good ol' Dinput. Just plug in my PS1 controller with the $3 adaptor, set the buttons via in-game settings in 5 minutes, and go. I don't think there is a single game I've played on PC where it would be better on a 360 controller due to the bad d-pad and the bad bumpers. SFV launching without Dinput support has let others know my pain :P

Sadly none of this helps the OP

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.