Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Pentiment

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Nov 15, 2022

Pentiment is a narrative, medieval murder mystery from Obsidian Entertainment.

Pentiment is the 24th selection of the UUGPGC! Completion date is 12/26/2022! Spoilers open!

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By bigsocrates

SPOILERS ARE NOW OPEN

Prior message:

Welcome to the Unsanctioned Unofficial Game Pass Game Club. Our 24th game is Pentiment. The target completion date is December 26, 2022.

We ask that until that date you use the forum software to mark any spoilers, either story based or mechanical, in the discussion below. Ideally the bulk of the discussion will occur after December 26, but if you want to comment before then you are welcome to so long as the spoilers are marked. We ask that if you leave a comment before that date you also come back to the thread after it to read other people’s comments and respond to them, though of course we cannot force you to do so.

All are welcome to participate regardless of whether you have stated a preference to or not and there is absolutely no commitment. You do not have to finish the game to participate but please let us know if you have not.

You can find out more about the Unsanctioned Unofficial Game Pass Game Club or suggest future games for it here.

What is Pentiment?

A narrative point and click adventure about an artist in ye olden tymes.

How long is Pentiment?

How long to beat lists it as 14 hours long.

No Caption Provided
    knobby01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fantastic game.

It took me closer to 25 hours to complete so I do think the how long to beat time is a little on the short side here.

blueneurosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really enjoyed it, glad it got talked up in Giant Bomb's GOTY discussions (caution: super spoilers in said discussion but they are very good about warning when it's about to happen).

If I had a very mild criticism about it, between this, the final season of Tellltale's Walking Dead, and Vampire: The Masquerade - Swan Song, there's these choice heavy games that feel like they would have been benefitted from a visual novel mode, as the controllable portions of the games can often have a dead air quality to it where you're traversing areas you've already exhausted interactable moments just to nudge things along (vague example: once everything you could do in a day/evening has been done, I would have liked a little firmer No, really, you're done, go to sleep prompt). Something that might be unlocked at completion so you can try a different, quicker playthrough to see how other choices/decisions play out.

Pentiment at least has a very striking look to it that I didn't mind repeatedly moving through, and by repetition of the traversal you get very well acquainted with the area and its inhabitants.

styx971

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

there's these choice heavy games that feel like they would have been benefitted from a visual novel mode, as the controllable portions of the games can often have a dead air quality to it where you're traversing areas you've already exhausted interactable moments just to nudge things along (vague example: once everything you could do in a day/evening has been done, I would have liked a little firmer No, really, you're done, go to sleep prompt).

you make a fair point but imo i liked that it didn't tell you to do X at X time . i mean i probably could have beaten it in twice the time if i didn't go bath n forth as much as i did but i feel like being able to do that put me in the world alot better than most visual novels i've played with more menu-ish types of options.

my biggest issue with the game is i really kinda figured out the whodoneit in the first act , or at least i was leaning towards the suspect based on intuition but the fac that i couldn't' say it till the big end reveal was a bit ehh. that said overall i loved the game overall because of how it handled characters

SethMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My only complaint with this game is that it could honestly use some kind of NG+ that included speeding up any dialogue you've already seen, like a lot of Visual Novels do. I absolutely adored this game and devoured it across 3 days, dragging it out far longer than the game intended as I tried to exhaust every dialogue option. My point is, I want to see the different paths you can go down, but I honestly just don't have the time, or patience, that would be required to slowly go through everything I've read and done (and while this game looks incredible, stuff like the dialogue really adds up, timewise.

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I need to finish Norco and this before the end of the year, but I haven't yet. So that's on me. But I will.

Talk amongst yourselves for now!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.