Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Persona 4 Arena Ultimax

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Nov 28, 2013

Persona 4 Arena Ultimax is a sequel to the original Persona 4 Arena. It has new characters, new stages and several new gameplay related changes such as new moves.

Tohru Adachi confirmed as playable character

• 55 results
    Bocam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

@yummylee said:

@random45 said:

I'm interested in what his story is. I REALLY hope he isn't just going to be a villain again, since at the end of Persona 4 (assuming you got the true ending), you get a letter from him which basically says how he is remorseful for what he has done, and that he wanted to help you out - hell, his letter alone is the reason you even figure out who Izanami is.

...Really? That kinda sucks. Not every villain has to redeem themselves, and it always feels as if a villain has to then turn a new leaf otherwise they're labelled a one-dimensional character. Which, sure, certain characters redeeming themselves indeed can turn them into complicated individuals with a lot of layers to them, if of course it all adds up and their redemption makes sense. Adachi, however, always just seemed like some pathetic sociopath, so for him to be all remorseful... well, I'm disappointed.

Which is strange because I haven't even played P4 and have only watched the ER, nor have I played P4: Arena and I likely won't play this one... So it's admittedly rather weird why I felt compelled to respond. I dunno, I think that's something that I've had on my mind for a while concerning villains.

...Bitches.

In Persona 4 Golden, Atlus changed the letter at the end of the game to be more sarcastic (at least in the Japanese version). It made it seem like the only reason he wrote it was because he was just interested in seeing what would happen.

YI_Orange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

@bocam said:

@yummylee said:

@random45 said:

I'm interested in what his story is. I REALLY hope he isn't just going to be a villain again, since at the end of Persona 4 (assuming you got the true ending), you get a letter from him which basically says how he is remorseful for what he has done, and that he wanted to help you out - hell, his letter alone is the reason you even figure out who Izanami is.

...Really? That kinda sucks. Not every villain has to redeem themselves, and it always feels as if a villain has to then turn a new leaf otherwise they're labelled a one-dimensional character. Which, sure, certain characters redeeming themselves indeed can turn them into complicated individuals with a lot of layers to them, if of course it all adds up and their redemption makes sense. Adachi, however, always just seemed like some pathetic sociopath, so for him to be all remorseful... well, I'm disappointed.

Which is strange because I haven't even played P4 and have only watched the ER, nor have I played P4: Arena and I likely won't play this one... So it's admittedly rather weird why I felt compelled to respond. I dunno, I think that's something that I've had on my mind for a while concerning villains.

...Bitches.

In Persona 4 Golden, Atlus changed the letter at the end of the game to be more sarcastic (at least in the Japanese version). It made it seem like the only reason he wrote it was because he was just interested in seeing what would happen.

That's always how I took it anyway. After the first two Adachi was always just an observer. Sure, it started out as a couple of murders fueled by hate for women, but after that he was just interested in seeing where everything was gonna go.

Avatar image for deactivated-60dda8699e35a
    deactivated-60dda8699e35a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bocam said:

@yummylee said:

@random45 said:

...Bitches.

That's always how I took it anyway. After the first two Adachi was always just an observer. Sure, it started out as a couple of murders fueled by hate for women, but after that he was just interested in seeing where everything was gonna go.

I rewatched the scene again, and I must have remembered it incorrectly. He basically just says that he'll do things 'your' way since you beat him, and he wants you to tie up some loose ends he can't do himself. Yeah, he seems mostly indifferent rather than anything else, and not really that remorseful. My bad.

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By jimmyfenix

Bitches be crazy

No Caption Provided

DrifterInGreen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.