Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Persona 4 Arena

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Aug 07, 2012

Persona 4 Arena is an Arc System Works-developed fighting game with an Atlus-developed story mode that serves as the official sequel to both Persona 3 and Persona 4.

I just realized something... (MASSIVE PERSONA 3 AND 4 SPOILERS)

MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By MetalGearSunny

I was thinking about Persona 3 and 4 a little bit ago, and I just realized something...Persona 3 and Persona 4 basically have the same plot twist. The character of comic relief betraying you and it turns it he was the bad guy all along.

I hope Atlus uses something else for Persona 5...

bishna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By bishna

Ya kinda. Although Teddy was more the comic relief in 4. And the one in 3 felt more like a betrayal since he was actually in on the secrets the whole time and was actively participating in helping you. Then again, 3's came pretty early, so it was easier to digest.

Whatever they decide to do for 5, I am hopeful that it will continue the upward trend in overall quality from 3 to 4.

ThePencil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By ThePencil

Persona 5: YOU ARE THE TRAITOR!

" Being bad never felt so good! This time instead of increasing your Social links, you are trying to destroy them! With your constant friend and companion, the lovable, cute and hi-larious (but also secretly viciously violent and harbouring a dark fetish for bondage) Maneki-Neko: everyones favourite talking, waving, samurai cat! "

No Caption Provided
    golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#4  Edited By golguin

@ThePencil said:

Persona 5: YOU ARE THE TRAITOR!

" Being bad never felt so good! This time instead of increasing your Social links, you are trying to destroy them! With your constant friend and companion, the lovable, cute and hi-larious (but also secretly viciously violent and harbouring a dark fetish for bondage) Maneki-Neko: everyones favourite talking, waving, samurai cat! "

No Caption Provided

Isn't the best samurai cat in the Samurai Pizza Cats?

I don't agree that the twist characters in P3 and P4 were the comic relief characters. To a certain degree they were both peripheral characters and that served the purpose of the twist.

Heltom92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Heltom92

Dammit I'm half way through Persona 4 Golden and now I know the twist. I couldn't resist clicking on the thread!

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By toowalrus

@Heltom92 said:

Dammit I'm half way through Persona 4 Golden and now I know the twist. I couldn't resist clicking on the thread!

Yep. Teddie's gonna stab you in the back, yo.

MiniPato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By MiniPato

That's pretty much how I deduced that Adachi was the perp. That and he was the only recurring character who you didn't have a social link with in the original Persona 4.

MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By MetalGearSunny

@Heltom92 said:

Nice one.

sarge1445

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By sarge1445

@MiniPato said:

That's pretty much how I deduced that Adachi was the perp. That and he was the only recurring character who you didn't have a social link with in the original Persona 4.

wonder how Golden players who start that link but don't finish it figure out the killer

BradBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By BradBrains

@sarge1445 said:

@MiniPato said:

wonder how Golden players who start that link but don't finish it figure out the killer

this is a question ive been thinking about too. really should have been A social link in the original release . isnt that how Jeff figured out who it was in the endurance run as well?

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

Wouldn't be surprised if M. Night Shamaylan wrote the stories to both of these games, now that would be the real twist.

MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By MetalGearSunny

@Darkstalker said:

@sarge1445 said:

@MiniPato said:

this is a question ive been thinking about too. really should have been A social link in the original release . isnt that how Jeff figured out who it was in the endurance run as well?

An S.link in the original game would have made the betrayal much more awesome.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#13  Edited By Hailinel

At least you have the ability to figure out who the culprit is in Persona 4 before the big reveal. In Persona 3, Ikkutsuki's betrayal comes out of left field. I mean, yeah, it's obvious that the game isn't over at that point, but him suddenly turning around and going psycho cultist on everyone was kind of nuts.

Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 18

#14  Edited By Undeadpool

I'm curious how the S. link with the one in 4 works out in Golden...without spoiling it, does ANYthing change? Cause that was what bugged me about P4 originally: your S. Links didn't impact the plot one iota. I get that it was a PS2 game, so I didn't expect a massive, branching storyline, but a couple of throwaway "Hey, we're kinda dating!" lines during the bar scene or acknowledgment by Dojima while he's basically grilling you would've gone a long way. (And yeah, I know if you've gotten both Chie and Yukiko to 10 and they're in the weird "break rooms" of the dungeon, they acknowledge it there).

wchigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By wchigo

@MiniPato said:

What about the dude from Aiya? Recurring, plus he was actively promoting alternate dimensions (re: meat dimension)! Seems fishy... Collusion!

MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By MetalGearSunny

@Hailinel: That's kinda why I liked it.

BradBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By BradBrains

@Undeadpool said:

I'm curious how the S. link with the one in 4 works out in Golden...without spoiling it, does ANYthing change? Cause that was what bugged me about P4 originally: your S. Links didn't impact the plot one iota. I get that it was a PS2 game, so I didn't expect a massive, branching storyline, but a couple of throwaway "Hey, we're kinda dating!" lines during the bar scene or acknowledgment by Dojima while he's basically grilling you would've gone a long way. (And yeah, I know if you've gotten both Chie and Yukiko to 10 and they're in the weird "break rooms" of the dungeon, they acknowledge it there).

this is me being vaughe but possible spoilers so dont get mad at me

if the s link is high enough you can make certain choices toif the s link is high enough you can make certain choices to get an entirly new ending with a certain character. another character if the s link is high enough will add another dungeon.

As for the romance thing. there are a few new points in the game where having multiple girlfriends adds some events that make you feel like a complete douche.

Superkenon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#18  Edited By Superkenon

@Hailinel said:

At least you have the ability to figure out who the culprit is in Persona 4 before the big reveal. In Persona 3, Ikkutsuki's betrayal comes out of left field. I mean, yeah, it's obvious that the game isn't over at that point, but him suddenly turning around and going psycho cultist on everyone was kind of nuts.

Then it just kinda passes as quickly as it came, and he looks like a real chump for it. Probably doesn't help that the whole thing unfolded in like, one unplayable segment. When I think back to Persona 3, Ikkutsuki almost never comes to mind.

Anyway, I disagree with the OP that it's the same twist. The circumstances and natures of the betrayals, and the effect they have on the rest of the game, are so different. Adachi and Ikkutsuki played vastly different roles besides.

I think they're only the same twist in the same sense that every episode of Columbo has the same twist -- there's always a character who's secretly a murderer!

Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Undeadpool

@Darkstalker said:

@Undeadpool said:

if the s link is high enough you can make certain choices toif the s link is high enough you can make certain choices to get an entirly new ending with a certain character. another character if the s link is high enough will add another dungeon.

As for the romance thing. there are a few new points in the game where having multiple girlfriends adds some events that make you feel like a complete douche.

Well now I'm getting different stories...

BradBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By BradBrains

@Undeadpool said:

@Darkstalker said:

@Undeadpool said:

Well now I'm getting different stories...

im interested to know what you were told. though its hard to discuss without spoilers.

I will say the new ending is fucked

Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Undeadpool

@Darkstalker: Further up in this very thread, someone mentioned that it didn't change anything.

BradBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By BradBrains

@Undeadpool said:

@Darkstalker: Further up in this very thread, someone mentioned that it didn't change anything.

for the most parts involving relationships it really does though they at least added some things in golden where they remind you more like more nights to hang out with the people whom you have relationships with. though outside of that when your in the main story yea they don't reference it much. there are a couple social links that can change or add to the story though

Rxanadu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#23  Edited By Rxanadu

@wchigo said:

@MiniPato said:

What about the dude from Aiya? Recurring, plus he was actively promoting alternate dimensions (re: meat dimension)! Seems fishy... Collusion!

Speaking of the Aiya shop, is the new Aiya character from the anime in P4: Golden, too? She appeared a lot throughout the series, mostly to instigate comical moments involving eating out. Would be cool if you could call her up to get some beef bowls while in the dungeon. No, it wouldn't make sense for her to know about the TV world, but it'd be useful (and amusing) nonetheless.

wchigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#24  Edited By wchigo

@Rxanadu:

She was referenced by the dude who owns Aiya, but so far I haven't seen her. Granted, I'm only about 10 hours into the game (still in Kanji's dungeon) but I have a feeling that she, unfortunately, won't be making an appearance in the game.

ArminJrpg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By ArminJrpg

I hope there is nothing like Comic relif in P5,I want a dark balck and white Pshycological

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.