Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Persona 4 Arena

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Aug 07, 2012

Persona 4 Arena is an Arc System Works-developed fighting game with an Atlus-developed story mode that serves as the official sequel to both Persona 3 and Persona 4.

Is the Qanba Q4 any good?

paulunga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By paulunga

I have a large-ish collection of fighting games split amongst my PC, 360 and PS3. I want to get a quality arcade stick that I can play all of them with without having to "dual mod" (I think that's the term) it myself. I found the Qanba and read that it basically uses the same Sanwa parts as the FightStick TE, so should I get this one or are there other sticks worth considering?

Wesker411

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Wesker411

Got one for my brother for his Christmas. Let me just say....................wish I would've kept it for myself! :)

Good quality stick, pick one up you won't regret.

DarkShaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By DarkShaper

Never heard of it before now but I gotta say it looks great. One thing about the advertising bugs me though, what 360 controller isn't by default a PC controller?

paulunga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By paulunga

Is that actually true? I thought it was the other way around, the PS3 uses and accepts generic USB devices.

llamaegg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By llamaegg

Quanba is some solid gear, but I still stick by making your own/dual modding (it's alot easier then it seems, especially dual modding a Mad Catz stick). Either that or splurge and buy a freaking B15 stick and make everything and anyone around you jealous.

benpack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#6  Edited By benpack

Qunbas are great sticks but have a bad reputation for breaking down quite often. I agree that you should dual mod one.

paulunga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By paulunga

So far we've got one "Buy", one "Dunno, looks good" and two "Mod one yourself"s. Still on the fence there (though again, I'm not gonna mod one myself).

Also 450$ for a stick? Are you insane? I'm not even sure what a "hit box" button layout is and I'm sure as hell not gonna become a professional tournament player any time soon.

ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#8  Edited By ThePhantomnaut

Very solid stick, high quality Japanese parts (Sanwa Denshi), multi-console support, good decent price. Qanba's US distributor Eightarc sells em for a good price. I used a lot of arcade sticks and while I prefer some over the Qanba Q4 mostly over aesthetic reasons, it's still really good.

RainVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#9  Edited By RainVillain

heh, that's funny I just bought my first Qanba Q4!

I picked up the yellow one! The art on it is AWFUL but I plan on finding a wicked P4 picture and using that instead :)

http://www.canadianjoysticks.com/qanba-q4-3-in-1-real-arcade-fightstick-xbox360-ps3-pc-comaptible-limited-edition-elivepro-yellow-d44bas/

paulunga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By paulunga

@RainVillain: Yeah, uh, don't know who D44BAS is. I do know eLivePro and Kindevu though. I'll go with the black one and will replace the graphic with a custom one as well.

@ThePhantomnaut: German GB member here, I will mostly likely get it through play-asia or some small UK shop called gremlinsolutions for about 120€. Seems like a fair price.

ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#11  Edited By ThePhantomnaut

@paulunga said:

@RainVillain: Yeah, uh, don't know who D44BAS is. I do know eLivePro and Kindevu though. I'll go with the black one and will replace the graphic with a custom one as well.

@ThePhantomnaut: German GB member here, I will mostly likely get it through play-asia or some small UK shop called gremlinsolutions for about 120€. Seems like a fair price.

Yeah Gremlinsolutions is your best bet. Oh yeah D44Bas is an old school Japanese Capcom vs SNK 2 player that still plays today, really good A-groove player.

TopHaZZard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#12  Edited By TopHaZZard

I got a qanba q4 and have had zero issues with it. I thought the start button placement would be an problem but I now I kinda of like the convenience of not having to reach over to the back to press start.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.