Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Persona 4: Dancing All Night

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Jun 25, 2015

A rhythm game sequel to Persona 4 for the PlayStation Vita.

Disco Fever Edition announced

Bane122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Bane122

From Game Informer:

The $79.99 version includes a two-disc soundtrack, Vita carrying pouch, two free DLC packs (the Persona 3 Gekkoukan High School uniforms and summer break outfits), and a keychain shaped like Teddie. You'll also get a protective Vita skin and 10 wallpapers that are designed in the same style.

No Caption Provided

The soundtrack makes this really tempting. Anyone know if this might work on Playstation TV?

Bane122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@l1ghtn1n: Good point about Miku, I'll check into that. Yeah, touch screen functions don't work, that's mostly what I was asking about regarding compatibility. It'd be a real bummer if it doesn't work.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By toowalrus

That's a cool Vita skin. I've already got my P4 Golden skin though so I think I'll pass. Also my Vita is covered in dust somewhere.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

Hm my P4G skin is getting kinda beat up, this is actually really tempting.

cettu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By cettu

@l1ghtn1n said:

Not sure, I'd check if the Hatsune Miku games are supported on there since this is extremely similar and being made by the same people. I think there was some touch screen stuff in the gameplay on that game which from what I understand means it doesn't work on Playstation TV?

Playstation TV compatibility was confirmed in February by the game's producer Kazuhisa Wada.

Also, while the games are similar, Atlus' Persona Team took over lead development last year. Ever since then, Dingo, the Project Diva series' developer has been in a supporting role.

So, if the game does have some sort of touch controls, it seems likely they won't be essential to the experience, or can simply be remapped.

@starvinggamer said:

Hm my P4G skin is getting kinda beat up, this is actually really tempting.

Hopefully the skin is designed so that it can be applied to both the old and new Vitas. I was just thinking the same thing until I realised it might not even fit my older model!

We'll have more detailed answers soon I'm sure, because the game will be released in Japan in just 25 more days!

Rafaelfc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Yay exclusive clothes DLC that should be in-game unlockables.

Goddammit!

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By BabyChooChoo

I don't know what it is, but lately a lot of special/limited editions just aren't that appealing to me. That said, I'm glad they're still a thing and I hope they never go away, but I wish there was something for me. Meh, no biggie, I'll just pick up the regular game.

Bane122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cettu: Thanks for the heads up. That's great news.

Mamba219

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

No Funky Student, no sale.

malrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Does anyone know if the Dancing all night Vita theme (currently $2.99 on PSN) will be included with this version? Wasn't that the free one in Japan?

schreibertyler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Preordered this yesterday after I saw Alex tweeting about it. Totally gonna rock that teddie key chain.

cettu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By cettu

@malrock: It will not:

I'm pretty sure this is the same theme that was given to those who pre-ordered the Japanese version from the PSN store.

I'm also gonna answer my own question from a while back: No, the Vita skin will sadly only fit the new models.

malrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@cettu: ah, well that sucks. that theme is pretty awesome

FCDRandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

I bought this collector's edition just because of the soundtrack. The Teddie keychain looks nice, but the rest of the stuff just seems like low-quality garbage. With the base game listed at $50 on Amazon, I might as well drop another $30 for the good version with some downloadable crap and that hot two-disc soundtrack.

JesusHammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cettu: Why would they do this? I guess Atlus doesn't want my money. No way am I gonna pay 40 extra bucks for a a bunch of stuff I don't need AND can't even use apparently.

Sergio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

@cettu: The Vita skin was the one thing I knew I had no use for, so I wasn't even factoring it in when I bought the Disco Fever edition, but it sucks for those that did plan on using it.

I would need to see the other icons not shown in those theme screen shots to see if it would have even been worth it to me. I have most of the icons I don't use in a group, so I wouldn't even see most of them - I thought near was dead.

ch3burashka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I think... I think I'm going to buy it. I haven't bought a single Vita game at full price.

Bane122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fcdrandy: That's precisely why I got it. Importing the CD would be at least 30 so the DLC is a nice added bonus and I'll sell the other stuff to make a bit back.

clagnaught

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

I remember reading over this thread a week ago, and just wanted to say for people interested in the soundtrack that comes with this special edition, it's really good. In total, it has about 2 and a half hours worth a music on two CDs. It has some original songs for Dancing All Night, the remixes that appear in the game, and there are a few other odds and ends thrown in. If you like the music from P4/P4G and Persona 4 Arena, this is a really good collection.

The other bonuses are nice too. I currently have the Teddie keychain on my keys. The pouch seems like a nicer quality than I was expecting, although I have a case that came from the P4G collector's edition, so I probably won't use it.

So yeah, not sure if you can still find this special edition, but it is pretty cool if you're on the fence.

Sergio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Well, I ended up buying that theme after all.

I also ended up buying a Playstation TV for cheap so I can keep playing when my Vita is charging.

I'm not sure why Giant Bomb is displaying this upside down.
    I'm not sure why Giant Bomb is displaying this upside down.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.