Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Persona 5

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Sep 15, 2016

The sixth main iteration in the long-running Persona series, Persona 5 follows a group of high school students (and a cat) who moonlight as the Phantom Thieves, out to reform society one rotten adult at a time.

New Persona Trailer? July.26.15

Avatar image for deactivated-62001d97f34e0
    deactivated-62001d97f34e0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

stumbled across this new? Persona 5 trailer

Watch it while you can i guess, the trailer is getting taken down left and right

Seems like your a thief, imprisoned by Igor? so many questions cant wait!

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't believe this game is actually coming out this year.

Canteu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Canteu

@pyrodactyl: Since I'm in Europe, with Atlus' track record, I'm expecting a lengthy wait again...

donchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Man I hope there are more party members than Junpei Hanamura and Yukari Satonaka and KoroTeddie.

pekoe212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Whooooa....this is getting more and more creepy. Seems like he is imprisoned and possibly having his Persona forced out of him? And there are people with shadows popping out and transforming them. The theme of imprisonment is certainly clear. Hope someone translates this soon.

bwheeeler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's cool to have a big game so close to release that we know so little about. Last I can remember was... GTA IV? I remember watching X-Play on either release day or just a couple days prior to finally see gameplay footage. It was awesome.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

I can't believe this game is actually coming out this year.

But is it coming out this year in the west? That's what I want to know.

KentonClay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This trailer has been been floating around for a few weeks, but Atlus keeps trying to knock it down. Still super cool though.

Avatar image for oscar__explosion
    Oscar__Explosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Trailer gotten taken down by Atlus

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

Just confirm its this year or not Atlus for the US

JJBSterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I might be forgetting but we haven't seen a trailer with English voiceover have we? I feel like we would have seen one if it really was coming out in North America this year.

I want to believe, though...

Avatar image for adequatelyprepared
    AdequatelyPrepared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, this came with P4DAN, leaks happened basically the moment it released. Been a few weeks now, and it's a bit ridiculous that Atlus is still trying to knock this down everywhere.

I am still incredibly skeptical that there'll be an English release this year, but I want to believe.

IrishFighter38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13  Edited By IrishFighter38

At this point all I need is a North American release date, and hopefully one that ends in 2015.

Avatar image for deactivated-62001d97f34e0
    deactivated-62001d97f34e0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i could of sworn that they announced that the game was coming out here in the US at the end of this year, but honestly for the life of me i cant remember where i read/heard that, but im probably just going insane. It really is crazy how secretive they have been with this game, there's been what like two real trailers minus the teasers and thats really it no real leaks, minus the early screenshot leaks from that one magazine and we've heard shit about anything about the US release which honestly is going to happen but not a single mention of it.

wlleiotl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@canteu: if there's even a week delay between USA and Europe, import it. It'll work and won't be any more expensive. I certainly will be.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I thought it was already confirmed that it was 2015 for a US release?

Sergio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Man I hope there are more party members than Junpei Hanamura and Yukari Satonaka and KoroTeddie.

I would be perfectly okay with fewer party members to pick from if they each could have multiple personas.

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is my first time seeing it, so thanks for posting this. Hopefully we can get a US release this year, I need this game as soon as possible.

Canteu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Canteu

@wlleiotl: P4A was region locked. Same with Shin Megami Tensei 4 and they both took over a year to be released here. We will see.

Honkalot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If there is a delay between US and Europe it is because Germany, France, Spain etc fail to teach English for some unknown irritating reason and the rest of us have to wait for their translations to finish. As usual.

As a non native English speaker I feel I can say this. Teach your kids English, I've been fluent since third grade. It's not hard.

Joe423

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

@canteu: At least we can import it, that P4A situation was infuriating.

markini6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

@honkalot said:

If there is a delay between US and Europe it is because Germany, France, Spain etc fail to teach English for some unknown irritating reason and the rest of us have to wait for their translations to finish. As usual.

As a non native English speaker I feel I can say this. Teach your kids English, I've been fluent since third grade. It's not hard.

Cultural identity, innit. I've taught English in France and although a lot of the kids viewed it as useful, there was also a general sentiment that as American/British pop culture seeps more and more into their society to really quite an overwhelming amount (compared to natively-produced works of culture), it's nice to pull back from it slightly and not view speaking English as the be-all and end-all. Certainly I wish that the British education system put more focus on learning foreign languages, along with copying how the French do some things, like making Philosophy a much more prominent subject.

Back on track though - Goddamn I can't wait for P5. The PS4 is region-free right? Wouldn't hesitate importing a US copy if there's no EU release this year.

Canteu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@markini6: Personally I think all schools around the world should teach English, Spanish and Chinese as mandatory, including the UK. It just makes sense to be able to speak all 3.

obcdexter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

@honkalot said:

I am German and I don't know a single person my age that doesn't know how to speak English to what is at least a serviceable degree. We like localizing stuff here for various reasons, "not being able to teach our children English" absolutely isn't one of them. What a dumb comment.

JesusHammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By JesusHammer

To those that don't seem to know: Atlus USA said it was coming to the US this yeat at E3. We'll probably get a Japanese release date at TGS. Persona had always been really low key with its trailers. P3 and P4's releases were both pretty similar to this with vague release windows and not much gameplay/story details out there. Honestly seeing how quick Atlus got out SMT4 and P4AU to the US I don't see why people think a US release is so unbelievable this year. Also when it comes to region lock, P4A was ArcSys's fault I believe and SMT4 was Nintendo because they think region locking consoles is still a good idea.

Dizzyhippos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

If we don't see ether a release date or at least an English trailer at Gamescom I am going to start to get worried about it being pushed into next year.

Honkalot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@obcdexter said:

@honkalot said:

I am German and I don't know a single person my age that doesn't know how to speak English to what is at least a serviceable degree. We like localizing stuff here for various reasons, "not being able to teach our children English" absolutely isn't one of them. What a dumb comment.

64% of germans speak English, 39% for France and 22% for Spain. Given that Spanish is a much much more widespread language. And Germany was much higher than I thought given that walking around Berlin it was straining to be able to accomplish anything using English.

Surely the fact that not many speak English factors into dubbing most foreign media?

Canteu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jesushammer: The region locking thing sure, but it still took them over a year to publish both titles here.

vikingdeath1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh, this is the trailer that was leaked a few weeks back. I must've watched it a couple dozen times because I was too afraid to leave the window for fear it'd get taken down.

Did.. did it get leaked Again?

markini6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

@canteu said:

@markini6: Personally I think all schools around the world should teach English, Spanish and Chinese as mandatory, including the UK. It just makes sense to be able to speak all 3.

Not really. They'd absolutely be good for certain businesses or lines of work, but besides that...

I assume you've chosen those languages for their usefulness in terms of number of speakers and the global economy, but learning a language is learning about a culture as well, which feeds back into your understanding of a language. Using Chinese as an example, it's extremely alien to an English speaker in the UK (culture, structure, characters), compared to French or Spanish, and although students could come to terms with it, it just doesn't have the geographical proximity to make it feel as relevant as it perhaps should do.

I speak English, French and Italian so perhaps I'm biased, as it would mean I'd be less sought after should the world become more multilingual!

imsh_pl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Does this mean that you are basically playing as Igor's Jesse and he has you imprisoned as a slave who is forced to conduct heist using his Persona to prevent his loved ones being killed?

No Caption Provided

skadave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I finished Persona 4 Golden (Vita) today. It's the first JRPG I have ever finished and I have been gaming since the early 80s. With that said, Persona 5 has now become my most anticipated game of 2015 (assuming it comes out this year).

WesternWizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm curious if the bits towards the end are real world or perhaps the character in his dreams and how Igor communicates from the dream world for some reason.

DeathByWaffle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I really just need a release date from Atlus at this point - I'd like to believe that the game is still on track for 2015 but I won't believe it until they announce an actual day.

afabs515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Guys this game is never coming out, is it :(

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I knew igor was evil

Giant_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Giant_Gamer

It's now the second half of this year and we still haven't got an official release date.

I'm betting that we won't see it this year.

fetchfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By fetchfox

Intrigued, hope it can live up to its predecessors.

FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By FrostyRyan

@afabs515 said:

the hell is this coming from?

onlineatron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By onlineatron

this is the trailer included with person 4: dancing all night in japan. came out a month or so ago, i think.

Strife777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

This better come out this year in America. I'm watching you Atlus! I'm watching you!!!

afabs515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@afabs515 said:

the hell is this coming from?

Haha I'm just joking because of the lack of a firm release date this late into the year coupled with the fact that I've been waiting for this game for so many years now. I'm sure Atlus will get it out this year as promised, but man time seems to be ticking slowly on this one.

Avatar image for oscar__explosion
    Oscar__Explosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Oscar__Explosion

@afabs515: @deathbywaffle: @strife777:

Persona 4 was announced March 2008 and came out in the U.S. December of that same year.

Just a small piece of history for those who are in doubt of it coming out this year (although it is totally possible that it won't)

totsboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

This is my GOTY already, even though I won't finish it until 2016

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.