This is what I've observed, what else can we dig up? I've seen some of us post what they've gathered elsewhere, but I thought it'd be cool to have one place apart from the omg that was fucking awesome thread.
- Oh so much, but my favourite part is the bar-like location. Specifically, if you look on the coffee table, they have the blueprints to some kind of complex. Looks like we have a new Junes, and instead of planning trips into the TV, we'll be planning break-ins. >_>
- Heaps more! See the comments in this thread (eg. post #17 by @retrovirus)
|主人公||坂本 竜司||高巻 杏||モルガナ|
|"Hero" (Protagonist)||Ryuuji Sakamoto (blonde dude)||Anzu Takamaki (blonde chick)||Morgana (the cat)|
- There appears to be a mysterious 5th character shown at ~40seconds (looks like he/it has a cat or fox mask and tail)
- Ryuuji (The Yosuke/Junpei character ), does indeed have "ZOMG!" on his t-shirt. I reeeeally hope he isn't a total asshole.
- It looks like your human party members are the only blondes in the whole class - though by their last names, they don't appear to be related. Could be a trope, or they could be from out of town.
- I think the Morgana, the cat always looks like that... in spite of having a realistic cat preceed her in the trailer. eg. in the "bar", it still looks like a mascot.
UPDATE: Nope, at some times it seems Morgana is a normal cat (see 1min 10 or so into the trailer) - speculation leads to her being a normal cat during the day and mascot during the night.
- The healing item dealer's name is Tae Takemi - she seems
to be some sort of scientist, doctor or vet(her room has a hospital bed and a samurai costume and a massive hifi system? Oh, and she has test tubes on her desk? X-rays of a human and a fish?)
UPDATE: It's the Takemi Medical Clinic, and her last name is Takemi, so I assume she/her family owns it and she is indeed a doctor. Still crazy as hell though.
- The "Military Shop" is owned by (and I assume this is part of his name) "Untouchable Iwai Munehisa"
- The velvet room is still a thing, along with Igor, and his companions this time appear to be two twins,
one boy and the other a girlmay actually be two girls, one with a bun and the other with a long plait (they look to be like 10? - so no more hitting on igor's companions I guess)
- More in this thread! (eg. posts 15 and 21 by @sunbrozak and @donutfever)
Gameplay / UI Stuff:
- Err... there isn't a Social Link section in the main UI, instead we have a "cooperation" menu item. Could be the same thing under a different name given the anarchist vibe of the game, but who knows? No S-Links?
- Dialogue doesn't seem to appear on screen during normal conversation (perhaps this is an option or we'll be moving to subtitles?) Instead of the old style we have manga-esque tearaways on screen showing character expressions alongside the more detailed models.
- Looks like you quip a Weapon AND a Gun (alongside a Protector, Accessory and - in a return from P4G - Clothes). I wonder what the differences between the two weapons are and what they're respectively used for?
- There only seemed to be two types of real-world enemy in the dungeon shown in the trailer. Black knights and gold knights (fewer, may be tougher enemies?). I assume they're just representations of shadows - ie, you interact with them and then fight shadows? They also seemed to be either holding a position or patrolling.
- Oh, and by "shadows" I apparently mean Demons/ Personas. Like in other SMT games, earlier Persona games and unlike Persona 3/4 (thanks again @sunbrozak) it looks like you're fighting things like Sandman and Pyro Jack in this game rather than random-ball-with-massive-tongue-thing. Or clearly-hulk-hogan-guy. I dunnno, I kinda miss the crazy.
- The battle system seems relatively unchanged - battles still take place in a different screen, not the overworld, all-in attacks are still in (and hence presumably some form of weakness exploitation system), you still have Hp and SP and you cycle through characters (so still direct input rather than AI characters of the past). Who knows what they're not showing us though.
- Weather remains a part of the mechanics (now on the top left, it moves from cloudy to sunny during the day on show, Monday 04/11)
- And of course we all noticed the stealth mechanic, no idea what kind of factor it'll play