Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Persona 5

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Sep 15, 2016

The sixth main iteration in the long-running Persona series, Persona 5 follows a group of high school students (and a cat) who moonlight as the Phantom Thieves, out to reform society one rotten adult at a time.

Was anyone else disappointed that..... *Spoilers*

drew327

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By drew327

... Sae does not join your party? Only somewhat serious here :)

But when she learns the truth, and at one point says something to the effect of "I'll do what I can to support you." I was like "YES. Be on my team!"

Alas, no *sob*. And then I romanced her sister.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She seemed to very much fit a Dojima type role in the story, so I really had no expectations of her joining. Besides, Persona hasn't done grown up party members in a long time and I just can't see someone like Sae being the one to break that mold. She'd kinda stifle the mood, way more than even Makoto does sometimes.

That being said, she does kinda become an honorary Phantom Thief by the end. She's there for most of your meetings and actively supports you. That's more than I expected at the start.

FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gigantic mega spoilers for those big events after sixth palace:

When you get shot in the head, apart of me wanted that to actually happen and then Sae takes your place as the phantom thieves leader

drew327

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zeik said:

She seemed to very much fit a Dojima type role in the story, so I really had no expectations of her joining. Besides, Persona hasn't done grown up party members in a long time and I just can't see someone like Sae being the one to break that mold. She'd kinda stifle the mood, way more than even Makoto does sometimes.

That being said, she does kinda become an honorary Phantom Thief by the end. She's there for most of your meetings and actively supports you. That's more than I expected at the start.

Very well thought out! I guess it was just kind of a base desire :)

drew327

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frostyryan: too funny! That would be a crazy and great way to go!

afabs515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By afabs515

I understand why she wouldn't join the party, but I was disappointed that neither she nor Boss could hear Morgana speak, even after the teens reveal their identities to them.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Zeik

@afabs515: Morgana states outright that you can only understand him in the real world after hearing him talk in the Metaverse first.

afabs515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zeik: I know. I was hoping that they would take the two of them to the metaverse for 5 seconds so they could follow along with any subsequent Phantom Thieves conversations. To me it was a bit annoying that late into the game to have Sae and Sojiro being confused with the teens talking to Morgana, even though they were working with the Thieves and had each received a crash course on the Metaverse by that point. Especially Sae, who heard all the details from MC during the interrogation.

blackichigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I know I could be wrong but it was my understanding that the only characters in The Persona series that can actually summon a persona are teenagers and young adults. The only adults I can think of have been special circumstances. People that were actually touched by a God in some way.

clagnaught

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

That would have been neat and a good surprise. Story wise it makes sense that she doesn't join your party. It would have been a real Persona 3 move where your party gets more and more ridiculous over time. Also, it could have been a neat way to substitute another character with Akechi when he leaves the party. I'm not saying they should have the exact same persona, but she could have been a Hama based person like he was. Your final party is big enough as is, so I'm just talking out loud.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.