Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Oct 11, 2001

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney follows a young attorney as he struggles to find his footing and live up to the legacy his mentor left him. Along the way, he encounters a cast of eccentric characters and tough cases.

Phoenix Wright Quick Question

admordem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 15

#1  Edited By admordem

So I just finished Justice for All and still have no idea what the hell they mean by 'Turnabout'. It's always in the episode names, and tripping me out. 

I imagine its something simple, or even perhaps a bad translation (which I can only see getting through as an inside joke, as the games are localized pretty well). 

Can anyone tell me what they mean by that?

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By eroticfishcake

I assume Turnabout refers to how Phoenix Wright performs in the court. Just when thigns are looking grim, things are suddenly shifted in your power despite the twists in the case. I guess his name "Phoenix" would also imply that. That's what I think anyway.

JackiJinx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 34

#3  Edited By JackiJinx

Yep, I'd go with what eroticfishcake said. Turnabout is when the situation is completely turned around (or turned about). So from going to worst to best, or even best to worst.

admordem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 15

#4  Edited By admordem

Yeah thats what i thought at first... then the last, or second last episode of Justice for All is called 'Goodbye' or 'Farewell, My Sweet Turnabout'. Which made me think it was more of a translatoin thing. Like if it was about how he rolled as an attorney, then that episode name did not fit with what happened at all.

PS - nothing against the games by the way, im so totally hooked.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#5  Edited By JJWeatherman

I think this is totally related and worthy of being posted...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.