Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PixelJunk Monsters

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Jan 24, 2008

This game is the second release in the PixelJunk series on PSN. PixelJunk Monsters is an RTS game in which you build up your defenses to protect your base against threatening monsters.

Custom Soundtrack Support(?)

GeneralBison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By GeneralBison

Hi, this isn't a serious problem, I'm just curious.
    Yesterday I decided to try out the *cough* 'custom soundtrack' feature of firmware 2.41 and I got a message about it 'not being supported' with PixelJunk Monsters. I found this hard to belive as the music doesn't actually have any sort of interaction with the game itself (Unlike the 360's custom soundtrack feature), but then I remembered a video that gamevideos.com posted (Link coming later). They used PixelJunk Monsters to demonstrate this very feature!

Anyone got this to work? (Just curious, I can just turn down the music in-game and turn up iTunes)

Cardon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Cardon

Custom Soundtrack support for PixelJunk Monsters will be added in a future game update.

GeneralBison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By GeneralBison

And so Sony under deliver once again. They really need to kick it up a gear in 2009, if I only owned a PS3 I'd be PISSED.

AndrewGaspar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By AndrewGaspar
    GeneralBison said:
    "And so Sony under deliver once again. They really need to kick it up a gear in 2009, if I only owned a PS3 I'd be PISSED."
    I only own a PS3 (unless you count my Super Smash Bros. machine) and I've had more than enough to play. -.-

I think it might only be in Encore. I'm not sure, though.
    Cardon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Cardon
    GeneralBison said:
    "And so Sony under deliver once again. They really need to kick it up a gear in 2009, if I only owned a PS3 I'd be PISSED.
    "

How would you say they under delivered?
    kyrom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By kyrom

Man I am happy with what the 2.40 update brought to the ps3 but it was all just too sooon.  Nothing other than super stardust hd even supports it.  We need patches asap. 

GeneralBison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By GeneralBison
    AndrewGaspar said:

I've got Encore and it's not working

Cardon said:
    Well, I see the Playstation 3 as more of a media center (much better than the 360 in the field).
    People were screaming and jumping up and down over ingame XMB support and when it finally was implemented, the simplest things just don't work as well as they should do.

For instance, switching games from the ingame XMB takes about as long as quiting the game you're playing and booting up the second one manually. Guess it's because the features that DO work well aren't the ones that'll be useful to me. Just my personal opinion.

EDIT: I'm not a 360 fanboy or anything, I own all consoles. But I honestly think that Microsoft are ahead of Sony in every field other than media functionality.

Cardon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Cardon
    GeneralBison said:
    "AndrewGaspar said:

I've got Encore and it's not working

Cardon said:
    Well, I see the Playstation 3 as more of a media center (much better than the 360 in the field).
    People were screaming and jumping up and down over ingame XMB support and when it finally was implemented, the simplest things just don't work as well as they should do.

For instance, switching games from the ingame XMB takes about as long as quiting the game you're playing and booting up the second one manually. Guess it's because the features that DO work well aren't the ones that'll be useful to me. Just my personal opinion.

EDIT: I'm not a 360 fanboy or anything, I own all consoles. But I honestly think that Microsoft are ahead of Sony in every field other than media functionality.

"

Well said points.  I wasn't really calling you out or anything.  Was simply interested to hear what your thoughts were.  I do think certain aspects of in-game XMB can be streamlined in future updates.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.