Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlanetSide 2

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Nov 20, 2012

PlanetSide 2 is the sequel to the 2003 MMOFPS PlanetSide from Sony Online Entertainment which remains one of the most notable and successful games in the genre.

SOE account problems

Sin4profit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Sin4profit

So in trying to play Planetside 2 i can't manage to sign into my SOE account (Station [wtf?]). I've successfully managed to reset my password 3 times but i still get "invalid account or password"

I'm currently locked out of resetting the password for 24 hours...is the game worth it to go through the trouble of resolving the issue with customer service or creating a new account?

Xeiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By Xeiphyer

Yeah, I had the same issue, the way they word it is very misleading. You can enter any information into the login and it'll prompt you to reset your password for an account, even if it doesn't exist, so you might have the wrong login info. Same goes for resetting the password, if you enter the wrong old password, it doesn't really tell you much, and then proceeds to lock you out for 24 hours.

In the end I just made a second account, your in game name is chosen when you log in anyways, so its not a big deal.

Mnemoidian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

#3  Edited By Mnemoidian

Yeah, they've called it "Station" for quite some time - they use the same login information for all of their games (under the SOE brand), including Planetside, EQ2, etc.

If you're locked out, it might be an idea to actually calling them and explaining the issue.

Then again, I've got no experience with their phone support.

kindgineer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By kindgineer

The game is worth it, yes. I'm actually in the middle of building a $1,200 PC just because I want to continue playing it. I had a lot of fun in the BETA, but for some reason the game runs like shit on ATI/AMD.

Mnemoidian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

#5  Edited By Mnemoidian

@ck1nd: Hopefully that's a driver issue that'll be sorted, though?

kindgineer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By kindgineer

@Mnemoidian: I honestly don't know. I truly do hope so, but I've never really trusted ATI to be "good" at driver support. nVidia has such a nice presentation style and way of telling you what each driver changed. ATI's site feels like a cluster-fuck and I'll just have to pray they know what they are doing.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.