Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlanetSide 2

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Nov 20, 2012

PlanetSide 2 is the sequel to the 2003 MMOFPS PlanetSide from Sony Online Entertainment which remains one of the most notable and successful games in the genre.

We're watching a Planetside 2 stream with TotalBiscuit, join us!

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    No Caption Provided
    TotalBiscuit is currently on Skype with a Planetside 2 developer and they're showing real-time footage of the game and discussing everything about it.  http://www.twitch.tv/totalbiscuit/ 
    Some giantbombers and myself are in the GB mIRC chatroom watching this amazing, massively multiplayer FPS stream, join the fun yo. (web chatroom =  http://www.pzlate.com/chat/

My impressions so far: This is my very own multiplayer FPS heaven. It's a massive MMO world to be fought over by two huge factions, FPS-style. God damn.  
    Most impressive piece of info: The world has EIGHTY. DIFFERENT. CAPTURE POINTS.
    shikon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By shikon

thanks for this to bad i am about to go to bed

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By eroticfishcake

I almost forgot about this. Thanks for the reminder.

Redsox44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Redsox44

This game looks so amazing.

Avatar image for deactivated-63f899c29358e
    deactivated-63f899c29358e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Moar leik TotalHalibut, amirite, riteiam!

*cough*

Sorry 'bout that. This game is looking great, can't wait to get me grabby hands on it.

Grimhild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Grimhild

Can't. F*cking. Wait.

dyram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By dyram

@AhmadMetallic said:

It's a massive MMO world to be fought over by two huge factions, FPS-style. God damn. Most impressive piece of info: The world has EIGHTY. DIFFERENT. CAPTURE POINTS.

Three factions, actually, and they are all brought into the same continents to try to seize control from the other two. This may actually end up being a bad thing with the way the game is currently designed differently from the original, but I won't bore everyone with the grumpy thoughts of an old PlanetSide veteran. Three continents so far, each 64 square kilometers or so according to the latest info.

Since I know you are new to PlanetSide, welcome to the best game that mostly everyone ignored and then continued to wish existed while it has been running for 9 years in the background, constantly pushing forward FPS design with some of the most innovative and forward-thinking gameplay from 2003.

For everyone who continues to be interested in watching the streams, the recorded versions will eventually be available on TotalBiscuit's YouTube channel, and they will continue to stream out the game tomorrow, both during the theater showing at 11am PST, and then again livecasting at 3pm PST.

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#8  Edited By veektarius

I caught the stream off of YouTube, and it looks like a lot of fun. It seems like most of the changes they're making are cosmetic, which is a little disappointing, but if they tightened up the controls and feel, it's certainly worth the ($0) price of admission.

zaccheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By zaccheus

I watched like 3 hours of the stream off of Youtube and I have to say I'm pretty hyped. Never played the first one, but I was a big fan of MAG and Planetside 2 just seems like that x300. Of course playing alone just isn't worth it so it all depends on the other people playing.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#10  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @Zaccheus said:

I watched like 3 hours of the stream off of Youtube and I have to say I'm pretty hyped. Never played the first one, but I was a big fan of MAG and Planetside 2 just seems like that x300. Of course playing alone just isn't worth it so it all depends on the other people playing.

Planetside 2 and the Just Cause 2 multiplayer mod will be our go-to multiplayer games just like BF3 is now. So don't worry, the Giantbomb community will be all over that ;) 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.