Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 2

Platform »

Sony's PlayStation 2 is the second home video game console produced by Sony Computer Entertainment Incorporated, and to date is the best-selling home console of all time, with an install base of 150 million units since its launch.

Happy 10th Anniversary PS2!

dagas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By dagas

Here's to another 10 years! Well maybe not, but it's still amazing that after ten years they still make some games for it. Some of the best PS2 games have been released after the HD era started with 360 and PS3. God of War 2, Yakuza 2, Rouge Galaxy, Persona 3 FES and Persona 4, Odin Sphere just to mention a few. It's too bad a lot of people have missed out because they were to bust with their 360/PS3. I must admin I mostly play my 360, but I still buy and play games on my PS2. Yakuza 2 was the latest game I played through (about a month ago) and it was IMO one of the best games I've played in recent years. 

EDIT: It may be a few days too late, but no one else had created a PS2 10th anniversary thread, at least not in the PS2 section of the forum where I looked.

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By RE_Player1

PS2 was a hell of a system. I'd say the best of last generation due to the variety of games it had. I still got it hooked up in my basement. 

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#3  Edited By Jeust

Happy Birthday! 

I agree with you.  

Some of the best games were released after the "next generation" started. 

And some of the best games in history were released for it. 

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By ProfessorEss
    @RE_Player92 said:
    " PS2 was a hell of a system.
    Hells yeah it was.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.