Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 3

Platform »

The PlayStation 3 (often abbreviated PS3) is the third home video game console created and released by Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.

Connecting a game pad to a PC via bluetooth?

galiant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By galiant

I really want to use my Dualshock 3 to play PC games, which works fine with a cable - but I can't get it to work wirelessly. Apparently the bluetooth receiver I'm using (it came bundled with this) is missing an essential feature or something, because after I've successfully paired the receiver and my game pad using MotioninJoy , none of the buttons actually work. Like I said, I have no issues getting it to work when plugged in with a cable.

So can anyone recommend a bluetooth receiver (at a reasonable price) that works with a Dualshock 3 controller, or am I better off buying a 360 game pad and bluetooth receiver for PC? If you think the 360 pad is a better choice, is there a bundle or something I could buy that includes the bluetooth receiver? I searched the official site but I couldn't find anything.

I appreciate any input on this. Thanks in advance!

Lunar_Aura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

galiant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By galiant

@Lunar_Aura: Thanks! What's weird is that my current bluetooth receiver is actually on that list, it's supposed to work...

Anyway, ended up ordering this. I'll try to remember to update this topic with whether I get it working or not.

galiant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By galiant

The ASUS bluetooth dongle I ordered works perfectly! Just wanted to post that here.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.