Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 3

Platform »

The PlayStation 3 (often abbreviated PS3) is the third home video game console created and released by Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.

Damn you trophies!

Fix2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Fix2

So recently I have been in the mode to acquire as many trophies as I can and I really didn't which game I would play
    So I was looking around and well since I saw the mk vs dc had trophies I rented and damn that game is awesome
    I played uncharted and that game is awesome
    so in a way I kind of noticed that trophies had me playing more games and making me rent and buy more games
    so trophies actually up'd the system for me
    I think thats pretty cool
    anyone else went through the same thing?

StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By StaticFalconar

I believe thats how the achievement points all started as well.

Personally, I rent everything from gamefly so I can burn through games as quick as I want.

Demyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Demyx

Thats why achievements and trophies are there.
    I still have 0

Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By Red

Actually, since you've been renting these games, this ISN'T what trophies are made for.

chililili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By chililili
    Red said:
    "Actually, since you've been renting these games, this ISN'T what trophies are made for."
    Yeah I've just rented two games Star Wars TFU and Dead Space, only Dead Space has trophies, still I won't try to max out everything I'llr eturn it when I'm done with it, I am renting them for the experience and the story. I actually enjoyed Stars Wars BTW I think it is in no way worth 60 dollars but as a rental was very good.
    Patchinko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By Patchinko

I do believe that's at least part of the point of them. It seems like everything has "trophies" these days.

i personally like them, but I don't feel obligated to get every game that has them and get every trophy. Still, they're fun.

StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By StaticFalconar

actually if the trophy is something that involves coordinating people online to get and the online community is nil, i'll probably won't sweat it. Its mainly the single player stuff that I do try to get. Like if I get a trophy for killing 500 people offline game, then if I don't hit that mark by the end of the game (1st run), I'll probably kill extra just to get the trophy. But if the trophy is something like win 500 ranked matches, I may pass on that unless I really liked the game (and good at it).

AndrewGaspar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By AndrewGaspar

I enjoy trophies a ton! I like to compare trophies with my friends who are playing the same game I am.

Also, I have no respect for you if you bought Linger in Shadows for the free trophies.

Keeng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By Keeng

Trophies have caused me to do some things in games I wouldn't have otherwise done but they still haven't ever made me play I game I didn't plan to play. I'm working on getting all the intel in Resistance 2 for example, only because of the Trophies. I'll probably beat Dead Space using only the Plasma Cutter for that Trophy as well. So those are two games I love but I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be working toward those two goals were it not for Trophies. It's good to hear about other competitive PS3 owners on this site.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By LiquidPrince

I have a lot of games that have trophies, but I never went out of my way to get a game just for that.

dsplayer1010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By dsplayer1010

So how ill your habits change next year, when every game has to have trophies?

shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By shadows_kill

i think trophies are ok. i have done/tried to do something just to get one or two but trophies to me is just something to get after you beat the game..

Solid_Snak3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Solid_Snak3
    shadows_kill said:
    "i think trophies are ok. i have done/tried to do something just to get one or two but trophies to me is just something to get after you beat the game.."
    i want to get with ur sister
    Rivix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Rivix

I think i'm developing an addiction to trophies as well. I won't finish a game until I have them 100%

hazelnutman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By hazelnutman

I just get them when I get them. After just one playthrough of a game, I already have on average about 35% of the trophies.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#16  Edited By LiquidPrince
    hazelnutman said:
    "I just get them when I get them. After just one playthrough of a game, I already have on average about 35% of the trophies."

For which game?
    Phished0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#17  Edited By Phished0ne
    hazelnutman said:
    "I just get them when I get them. After just one playthrough of a game, I already have on average about 35% of the trophies."
    yeah i am the same, i just play through the game and see what i get. Rock Band is one of the only games that encourages me to get more trophies because most of the bonus ones i need friends to get them.  I also have found that in most cases after a single playthrough of the story mode i am somewhere around 20-35% of the trophies.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.