Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 3

Platform »

The PlayStation 3 (often abbreviated PS3) is the third home video game console created and released by Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.

Did you recive a email from sony`?

Solid_SnakeXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Solid_SnakeXx

Well i just recived an email from sony but i dont know what it says because its in norwegian ( i live in norway) but my norwegian is not so good so i dont know what it says =( maybe i got accepted to be a beta tester??  or maybe it was an email sent to all users?? i dont knoww=(

did somebody else got something in theirmails?

clubsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By clubsandwich

no, but I have mudkips.

Avatar image for deactivated-57b1d7d14d4a5
    deactivated-57b1d7d14d4a5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

If you live there, get someone to translate it for you. :/

Megalon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By Megalon

I got an email today about something in the terms of service/user agreement changing....I assume that's the same one you're talking about?

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By OmegaPirate

Its probably the one i recieved - a blanket email notifying people they have changed some of the Terms and conditions and saying you should read up on it

Solid_SnakeXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Solid_SnakeXx
    Megalon said:
    "I got an email today about something in the terms of service/user agreement changing....I assume that's the same one you're talking about?"
    yeah yeah something like that... man.. i thought it was elected to be a beta tester =(
    OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By OmegaPirate
    Solid_SnakeXx said:
    "Megalon said:
    "I got an email today about something in the terms of service/user agreement changing....I assume that's the same one you're talking about?"
    yeah yeah something like that... man.. i thought it was elected to be a beta tester =("
    No offense buddy - you would be the WORST beta tester ever
    Solid_SnakeXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Solid_SnakeXx
    OmegaPirate said:
    "Solid_SnakeXx said:
    "Megalon said:
    yeah yeah something like that... man.. i thought it was elected to be a beta tester =("
    No offense buddy - you would be the WORST beta tester ever"
    why? i m always online =(
    OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By OmegaPirate
    Solid_SnakeXx said:
    "OmegaPirate said:
    "Solid_SnakeXx said:
    "Megalon said:
    why? i m always online =("
    And You just answered your own question buddy :)
    Solid_SnakeXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Solid_SnakeXx
    OmegaPirate said:
    "Solid_SnakeXx said:
    "OmegaPirate said:
    "Solid_SnakeXx said:
    "Megalon said:
    And You just answered your own question buddy :)"
    I dont understand man, can you be more specific please?
    BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By BiggerBomb
    Solid_SnakeXx said:
    "Well i just recived an email from sony but i dont know what it says because its in norwegian ( i live in norway) but my norwegian is not so good so i dont know what it says =( maybe i got accepted to be a beta tester??  or maybe it was an email sent to all users?? i dont knoww=(

did somebody else got something in theirmails?"

You can't speak English well, because it is not your native language. You live in Norway, but you also can't speak Norwegian? Dude your fail is seriously fail.
    Solid_SnakeXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Solid_SnakeXx
    BiggerBomb said:
    "Solid_SnakeXx said:
    "Well i just recived an email from sony but i dont know what it says because its in norwegian ( i live in norway) but my norwegian is not so good so i dont know what it says =( maybe i got accepted to be a beta tester??  or maybe it was an email sent to all users?? i dont knoww=(

You can't speak English well, because it is not your native language. You live in Norway, but you also can't speak Norwegian? Dude your fail is seriously fail."
      iTS NOT EASY WHEN YOU MOVE EVERYFUCKING YEAR, AND TO DIFFERENT CONTINETS.
    AaronBelfast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By AaronBelfast

What can we do? Sony don't send beta emails unless it's for Home which i highly doubt it's for.

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By BiggerBomb
    Solid_SnakeXx said:
    "BiggerBomb said:
    "Solid_SnakeXx said:

You can't speak English well, because it is not your native language. You live in Norway, but you also can't speak Norwegian? Dude your fail is seriously fail."
    "

Ah, my apologies. Why do you move so often? What's your native language?
    OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By OmegaPirate
    Solid_SnakeXx said:
    "OmegaPirate said:
    "Solid_SnakeXx said:
    "OmegaPirate said:
    "Solid_SnakeXx said:
    "Megalon said:
    I dont understand man, can you be more specific please?"
    Because someone that believes that because they are always online they would make an awesome beta tester! - is not going to be an awesome beta tester.
     It takes community involvment - decent knowledge of game mechanics, a passion for gaming and problem solving - patience  - and intelligence 
    Solid_SnakeXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Solid_SnakeXx
    BiggerBomb said:
    "Solid_SnakeXx said:
    "BiggerBomb said:
    "Solid_SnakeXx said:

"

Ah, my apologies. Why do you move so often? What's your native language?"
    My native language is spanish ( i m from argentina)
    I lived in the states for 4 years, then moved back to Argentina, and then to norway.
    I move often because better works and a  better life, i have moved many times while i was in argentina/us/norway, is fuckin hard man, i dont even have any friends =(
    AaronBelfast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By AaronBelfast
    OmegaPirate said:
    "Because someone that believes that because they are always online they would make an awesome beta tester! - is not going to be an awesome beta tester.
     It takes community involvment - decent knowledge of game mechanics, a passion for gaming and problem solving - patience  - and intelligence 
    "
    If that's one of the main requirements then sorry Snake, you would be the worst beta tester EVA!
    Solid_SnakeXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Solid_SnakeXx
    OmegaPirate said:
    "Solid_SnakeXx said:
    "OmegaPirate said:
    "Solid_SnakeXx said:
    "OmegaPirate said:
    "Solid_SnakeXx said:
    "Megalon said:
    Because someone that believes that because they are always online they would make an awesome beta tester! - is not going to be an awesome beta tester.
    "
    Dude... you only play the games.... is not like you have to write a report everytime you play.
    OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By OmegaPirate
    Solid_SnakeXx said:
    "OmegaPirate said:
    "Solid_SnakeXx said:
    "OmegaPirate said:
    "Solid_SnakeXx said:
    "OmegaPirate said:
    "Solid_SnakeXx said:
    "Megalon said:
    "
    Dude... you only play the games.... is not like you have to write a report everytime you play."
    So whats the point of being a beta tester if you aint gonna report the experiance back to the creators?
    BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By BiggerBomb
    Solid_SnakeXx said:
    I lived in the states for 4 years, then moved back to Argentina, and then to norway.
    I move often because better works and a  better life, i have moved many times while i was in argentina/us/norway, is fuckin hard man, i dont even have any friends =("

Lo siento, no sabia que ingles no esta tu idioma. Hablo un poco de espanol, pero no puedo este idioma porque estoy aprendiendo en my colegio. Eh, I'm not too hot with your language either. So I guess it goes both ways.
    OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By OmegaPirate

What did you say?

Solid_SnakeXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Solid_SnakeXx
    OmegaPirate said:
    "Solid_SnakeXx said:
    "OmegaPirate said:
    "Solid_SnakeXx said:
    "OmegaPirate said:
    "Solid_SnakeXx said:
    "OmegaPirate said:
    "Solid_SnakeXx said:
    "Megalon said:
    "
    Dude... you only play the games.... is not like you have to write a report everytime you play."
    So whats the point of being a beta tester if you aint gonna report the experiance back to the creators?"
    Yeah but its not like you are going to write something big you know like for school, just answer the multip choise questioms and thats it ( i think)
    BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By BiggerBomb
    OmegaPirate said:
    "What did you say?"

I'm pretty sure I just said, "Sorry, I didn't know that English is not your language. I speak a little Spanish, but I am not able to...(crap I missed a verb) this language because I'm learning it in my highschool."
    Solid_SnakeXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Solid_SnakeXx
    BiggerBomb said:
    "Solid_SnakeXx said:
    I move often because better works and a  better life, i have moved many times while i was in argentina/us/norway, is fuckin hard man, i dont even have any friends =("

Lo siento, no sabia que ingles no esta tu idioma. Hablo un poco de espanol, pero no puedo este idioma porque estoy aprendiendo en my colegio. Eh, I'm not too hot with your language either. So I guess it goes both ways."
    lol No, lo hablas muy bien no te preocupes que lo vas a aprender rapido, es necesario para hablarlo con las Latinas... if you wanna get a good woman u gotta learn spanish :P
    BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By BiggerBomb
    Solid_SnakeXx said:
    Yeah but its not like you are going to write something big you know like for school, just answer the multip choise questioms and thats it ( i think)"

No, mi clase de espanol es mas dificil porque estoy en una clase advanzada. Frequemente tengo que escribir muchas ensayos o tocar un examen con muchas palabras nuevas (para mi) y verbos que no comprendo. Mi profesora quiere mi clase estudia estas palabras cada noche, pero tengo mucha tarea y no puedo estudiar cada noche. Comprendo que es dificil para tu y lo siento si dice cosas antipaticas para tu.
    BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By BiggerBomb
    Solid_SnakeXx said:
    lol No, lo hablas muy bien no te preocupes que lo vas a aprender rapido, es necesario para hablarlo con las Latinas... if you wanna get a good woman u gotta learn spanish :P"

Mas y mas personas en los Estados Unidenses hablan espanol y es muy importante aprender espanol si quieres decir con ellos. Es dificil pero estoy aprendiendo y seria mas bien en el futuro.
    OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By OmegaPirate
    Solid_SnakeXx said:
    "OmegaPirate said:
    "Solid_SnakeXx said:
    "OmegaPirate said:
    "Solid_SnakeXx said:
    "OmegaPirate said:
    "Solid_SnakeXx said:
    "OmegaPirate said:
    "Solid_SnakeXx said:
    "Megalon said:
    "
    So whats the point of being a beta tester if you aint gonna report the experiance back to the creators?"
    Yeah but its not like you are going to write something big you know like for school, just answer the multip choise questioms and thats it ( i think)"
    Thats usually not how it works - open public betas are geneally just for server stress testing and the like, and are handled much in the way you described above, but core private first stage beta testers are constantly feeding information back to the devs about possible game problems, potential and pretty much everything that can or will be tweaked within the game.
    Its a big responsibility

A good example of this is motorstorm 2 - 
    when the private beta went out there were a few things with it that were not quite perfect and while not game breakers -detracted from the overall experiance.
    The gaming community i am part of has quite a close relationship with evolution studios after heavily whoring and providing feedback on the first game.- took these NQP's and emailed them to the studio themselves as feedback -detailing what they saw, what they thought, what could do with changing - and potential solutions.

Lo and behold the motorstorm 2 public demo is released this month and a lot of these issues have been sussed out now - such is the importance of the beta tester
    crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#28  Edited By crunchUK

i dunno but i got an XBL message telling me i didn't have enough room to visit NXe and to visit xbox.com storage for details then it told me to buy a 20 gb HDD refurb for £12

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By OmegaPirate
    crunchUK said:
    "i dunno but i got an XBL message telling me i didn't have enough room to visit NXe and to visit xbox.com storage for details then it told me to buy a 20 gb HDD refurb for £12"
    Did you take them up on the offer?

brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By brukaoru

Just checked my e-mail and I received it as well:

"We are providing you with notice of changes to the Terms of Service
    and User Agreement for your PLAYSTATION(R)Network account(s),
    including any Sub Accounts that are associated with your Master
    Account. Please visit http://www.us.playstation.com/
    to review changes. The revised Terms of Service and User Agreement
    will be effective no sooner than October 14, 2008, and will apply
    to you and your Sub Accounts whom you are responsible for. Adult
    Sub Accounts are responsible for their own actions.

If you do not agree with the revised Terms of Service and User
    Agreement, please contact Customer Service to terminate your
    account(s). Otherwise, your or your Sub Account's continued use
    of your PLAYSTATION(R)Network accounts means you agree to the
    changes. If you have any questions or wish to terminate your
    accounts, please contact Customer Service at
    http://www.us.playstation.com/.

Sincerely,

Customer Service SCEA"

Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Pibo47
    Solid_SnakeXx said:
    "BiggerBomb said:
    "Solid_SnakeXx said:
    "BiggerBomb said:
    "Solid_SnakeXx said:

"

Ah, my apologies. Why do you move so often? What's your native language?"
    HAHA no friends. Cant you just meet people were you live, then stay in contact via internet?
    BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By BiggerBomb
    Pibo47 said:
    HAHA no friends. Cant you just meet people were you live, then stay in contact via internet?"

Seriously bro? Are you that much of a dick?
    Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Pibo47
    BiggerBomb said:
    "Pibo47 said:
    HAHA no friends. Cant you just meet people were you live, then stay in contact via internet?"

Seriously bro? Are you that much of a dick?"
    Dude, in the 1st sentence i was fucking joking just in case you didnt pick up on the sarcasm. In the 2nd sentence, i asked a valid question that could be taken as serious advice. So fuck off. k?
    DoctorTran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#34  Edited By DoctorTran

I got an email about the terms of service... and the R2 Beta.

Shawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#35  Edited By Shawn
    Solid_SnakeXx said:
    "I move often because better works and a  better life."
    You should come live in my mansion in America, cousin!

The American dream I tell you
    BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By BiggerBomb
    Shawn said:
    "Solid_SnakeXx said:
    "I move often because better works and a  better life."
    You should come live in my mansion in America, cousin!

The American dream I tell you"

lol'd
    Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#37  Edited By Snail
    Pibo47 said:
    "BiggerBomb said:
    "Pibo47 said:

Dude, in the 1st sentence i was fucking joking just in case you didnt pick up on the sarcasm. In the 2nd sentence, i asked a valid question that could be taken as serious advice. So fuck off. k?"

*sigh*

Solid_SnakeXx
    said:
    "OmegaPirate said:
    Jesus Christ. You're even far more stupid than what I thought you were!
    Solid_SnakeXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Solid_SnakeXx
    Snail said:
    "Pibo47 said:
    "BiggerBomb said:
    "Pibo47 said:

Dude, in the 1st sentence i was fucking joking just in case you didnt pick up on the sarcasm. In the 2nd sentence, i asked a valid question that could be taken as serious advice. So fuck off. k?"

*sigh*

Solid_SnakeXx
    said:
    "OmegaPirate said:
    Jesus Christ. You're even far more stupid than what I thought you were!
    "
    Chill man!!
    I ve *beta tested* :
    -MGO
    -Socom confrontation
    -Little big Planet
    And the only one that actually asked what i thought of the game was MGO with mult choice  questions =/
    So i dont know what you guys talkin about
    shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By shadows_kill
    dcpc10 said:
    "I WANT my R2 code now! =("
    i got mine and downloading it now :D
    Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Pibo47
    shadows_kill said:
    "dcpc10 said:
    i got mine and downloading it now :D"
    Same, but i am to addicted to SR2 to play it lol.
    DoctorTran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By DoctorTran
    shadows_kill said:
    "dcpc10 said:
    i got mine and downloading it now :D"
    We'll have to hit up some Co-Op sometime.
    AndrewGaspar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#42  Edited By AndrewGaspar
    OmegaPirate said:
    "So whats the point of being a beta tester if you aint gonna report the experiance back to the creators?"
    Betas are usually just about balancing, since it's too late to make any dramatic gameplay changes. Usually they'll just take information on every game (kills with each weapon, etc.) and use that to decide how it needs to be balanced.
    Cube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#43  Edited By Cube
    AaronBelfast said:
    "What can we do? Sony don't send beta emails unless it's for Home which i highly doubt it's for."
    I got a beta email for LBP.
    Avatar image for deactivated-612140337177a
    deactivated-612140337177a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah I received it as well. Appears to be a "TOS" update or w/e. I read on some site that it's suppose to be an agreement that allows sony to sell your LBP content to others? I dunno. That may just be a rumor.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.