Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 3

Platform »

The PlayStation 3 (often abbreviated PS3) is the third home video game console created and released by Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.

Facebook friends to ps3 addys is there a way?

kichiku_rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By kichiku_rose

I know x box has the facebook app that allows to add FB friends to their account, is the a way playstation can do the same?

lego_my_eggo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By lego_my_eggo

You can link your facebook to your PSN account and some games like Uncharted 3 can use your facebook friends list, but i don't think there is anything on the console level that will add them to your friends list. but i don't use FB so im not %100 sure.

CommonReason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By CommonReason

@Lego_My_Eggo said:

You can link your facebook to your PSN account and some games like Uncharted 3 can use your facebook friends list, but i don't think there is anything on the console level that will add them to your friends list. but i don't use FB so im not %100 sure.

I don't use Facebook either, but you are correct. The link up on the XMB level is pretty bare bones and pretty much only for exporting. The game developer has to include the ability to import your friends list and it has to be done through the game itself. Uncharted 3 is the only game I have seen do this so far, but I am assuming there are a few others.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.