Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 3

Platform »

The PlayStation 3 (often abbreviated PS3) is the third home video game console created and released by Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.

Home = EPIC FAIL!

supermuchbrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By supermuchbrown

Damn you Sony!  Why dont you just charge for your online so you can buiild a decent service???  I really want to like the PS3 but they won't let me.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By turboman

?what?

iyaoyas615

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By iyaoyas615

I completely agree...

fr0br0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By fr0br0

You don't need to charge to run a decent service. You just have to give a shit. And right now, Sony doesn't give a shit about server conditions at any games release or pre-release.

bwooduhs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By bwooduhs

Any reasons why you dont like it?

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By OmegaPirate

Edit :- damn its 2am, posted wrong thing in wrong thread -sorry brother.

I kinda get what you mean about wishing theyd charge , but i dont think it would make all thata much differance, and tbh, several million people all activating one downloaaded thing at the same time will take its toll on anything.

As for home itself?

Its great, itll become even better, if youd seen how its chaaged in the past few months, you would understand peoples optimism 

And

Its free. dont like it? dont use it.

Who loses?
    turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By turboman

1. I've gotten in once, and when I have gotten in, it works completely fine

2. yes, indeed Sony needs to smarten up, you'd think third times the charm but with Socom,LBP, and now Home, you might want to get your servers up to par
    3. you don't need to charge to bring out a decent service, like the PSN as a whole has gone through a lot over the past couple of years, and I really
    supermuchbrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By supermuchbrown
    OmegaPirate said:
    "Y'know, peoples stupidity. ignorance and desire to get attention even if it makes themselves look like complete asshats in the process never ceases to amaze me >.."
    What exactly are you refering to?  Every high profile game that has been released has had major online issues (MGS4, SOCOM, LBP) and now this.  It's totally unacceptable.  
    OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By OmegaPirate
    SuperMuchBrown said:
    "OmegaPirate said:
    "Y'know, peoples stupidity. ignorance and desire to get attention even if it makes themselves look like complete asshats in the process never ceases to amaze me >.."
    What exactly are you refering to?  Every high profile game that has been released has had major online issues (MGS4, SOCOM, LBP) and now this.  It's totally unacceptable.  "
    I corrected my post as you typed yours bro, had two windows open , noe on troll boy patches thread, one on yours, posted in wrong one :) - check post again bro ^_^
    supermuchbrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By supermuchbrown
    OmegaPirate said:
    "SuperMuchBrown said:
    "OmegaPirate said:
    What exactly are you refering to?  Every high profile game that has been released has had major online issues (MGS4, SOCOM, LBP) and now this.  It's totally unacceptable.  "
    I corrected my post as you typed yours bro, had two windows open , noe on troll boy patches thread, one on yours, posted in wrong one :) - check post again bro ^_^"
    Yep ... I see it thanks!  :)   I am just being honest here.  It sucks that they can't get their act together on this stuff.  If they can't handle the smallest things like these how the hell are they going to handle MAG?  I have all three platforms but I expect the most out of Sony with as much shit as they talk.  
    Also to those saying "its free, if you don't like it don't use it" you are totally missing the point.   Online/Community is a huge part of todays gaming eco-system and they HAVE to get it right.
    LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By LiquidPrince

Does paying $50 a year make you feel superior?

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By turboman
    SuperMuchBrown said:
    "OmegaPirate said:
    "SuperMuchBrown said:
    "OmegaPirate said:
    I corrected my post as you typed yours bro, had two windows open , noe on troll boy patches thread, one on yours, posted in wrong one :) - check post again bro ^_^"
    Yep ... I see it thanks!  :)   I am just being honest here.  It sucks that they can't get their act together on this stuff.  If they can't handle the smallest things like these how the hell are they going to handle MAG?  I have all three platforms but I expect the most out of Sony with as much shit as they talk.  
    Also to those saying "its free, if you don't like it don't use it" you are totally missing the point.   Online/Community is a huge part of todays gaming eco-system and they HAVE to get it right.
    "
    well, you don't HAVE to get it right(see:Nintendo), but it's just really nice if you offer it that it runs smoothly
    Home will no doubt get a patch soon that will make it easier and more reliable to actually connect to the damn thing. It seems to be easier to get into than originally, but it's kicked me out twice
    Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By Pibo47

I am liking home. Maybe not as much as NXE. But its alright.

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14  Edited By Karmum
    Pibo47 said:
    "I am liking home. Maybe not as much as NXE. But its alright."
    It seems like a more "hands-on" approach than NXE, even though I have yet to divulge into the Home experience. I will probably be checking it out when Christmas break comes, and my brother rolls his PS3 back into our house for 2-3 weeks. It looks alright, and if you are into that "realism" approach, it could work for meetings in such.

I suppose.
    supermuchbrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By supermuchbrown
    LiquidPrince said:
    "Does paying $50 a year make you feel superior?"
    No but it sure gets me online with my friends  ;)
    kmdrkul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By kmdrkul
    LiquidPrince said:
    Yes.  Yes it does.
    Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Karmum
    SuperMuchBrown said:
    "LiquidPrince said:
    No but it sure gets me online with my friends  ;)"
    If you are implying the system in the PS3 is broken, your are more ignorant than you appear. From what I have used with PSN, it is on par in that category. While it might not be as appealing (both visually and with accessories), it certainly works. You might prefer the 360 interface to the PS3 interface (as it appears), but don't be stupid and say the online components of the PS3 don't work. Which it appears you are doing.
    supermuchbrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By supermuchbrown
    Karmum said:
    "SuperMuchBrown said:
    "LiquidPrince said:
    If you are implying the system in the PS3 is broken, your are more ignorant than you appear. From what I have used with PSN, it is on par in that category. While it might not be as appealing (both visually and with accessories), it certainly works. You might prefer the 360 interface to the PS3 interface (as it appears), but don't be stupid and say the online components of the PS3 don't work. Which it appears you are doing."
    Don't be a troll. It's not called for.  I am simply stating a fact ... whenever ANYTHING comes out for the PS3 the online is broken and it's very annoying.  I'm really glad it works fine for you but you're in the minority.
    albedos_shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 2

#19  Edited By albedos_shadow

It's alright. Although waiting in line to bowl is just dumb.

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Karmum
    albedos_shadow said:
    "It's alright. Although waiting in line to bowl is just dumb."
    Who plays Home to bowl?
    Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21  Edited By Rowr
    SuperMuchBrown said:
    "I really want to like the PS3 but they won't let me."
    You just summed up my feelings over the last two years.
    albedos_shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#22  Edited By albedos_shadow
    Karmum said:
    "albedos_shadow said:
    Who plays Home to bowl?"
    Just wanted to see how it was.
    turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By turboman
    Karmum said:
    "albedos_shadow said:
    Who plays Home to bowl?"
    that was the first thing I did..... :(
    it's actually kinda fun
    LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By LiquidPrince
    SuperMuchBrown said:
    "Karmum said:
    "SuperMuchBrown said:
    "LiquidPrince said:
    If you are implying the system in the PS3 is broken, your are more ignorant than you appear. From what I have used with PSN, it is on par in that category. While it might not be as appealing (both visually and with accessories), it certainly works. You might prefer the 360 interface to the PS3 interface (as it appears), but don't be stupid and say the online components of the PS3 don't work. Which it appears you are doing."
    Don't be a troll. It's not called for.  I am simply stating a fact ... whenever ANYTHING comes out for the PS3 the online is broken and it's very annoying.  I'm really glad it works fine for you but you're in the minority."
    Now, I'm sure your trolling...

Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Player1
    Fr0Br0 said:
    "You don't need to charge to run a decent service. You just have to give a shit. And right now, Sony doesn't give a shit about server conditions at any games release or pre-release."
    Yeah but charging seems to make Microsoft give a shit. So I would gladly pay for a GOOD ps3 service.
    StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By StaticFalconar
    SuperMuchBrown said:
    "Karmum said:
    "SuperMuchBrown said:
    "LiquidPrince said:
    Don't be a troll. It's not called for.  I am simply stating a fact ... whenever ANYTHING comes out for the PS3 the online is broken and it's very annoying.  I'm really glad it works fine for you but you're in the minority."
    Ok then here are the facts.

caption
    caption

Lets make a pact and the both of us can stop trolling.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#27  Edited By jakob187
    LiquidPrince said:
    Knowing that we don't have to deal with SOCOM Confrontation's bullshit makes me feel BETTER...but not necessarily superior.
    Sony's online service is poor.  They may have a more powerful machine, but they don't have the smarts apparently to build a solid and proprietary online structure that will work for them.  They want to give too much free reign to the developers, and in turn, the developers can rarely pull it off.  If you think of how expensive these games are to make...imagine how much it costs to maintain the online servers and everything.

=  /  I'm don't know, but I think that Home is going to be a great service...once Sony pulls their head out of their ass.
    LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By LiquidPrince

Just tried home out. Runs surprisingly smooth.

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#29  Edited By get2sammyb

Home is fine. It had teething trouble for some (read: not me) in it's first hour or so and has been stable ever since.

I'd say, going by Sony's previous standards, that's a pretty successful launch for something as server intensive as this.

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By crunchUK

i'd pay £40 a year just for that fucking "join session in progress" button

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By TwoOneFive

wow your name is green. dude if you're gonna be a fanboy thats fine, but if your going to bash sony because you're in love with is microsoft xbox 360, go somewhere else, like system wars on gamespot. this shit is annoyingSuperMuchBrown said:

"OmegaPirate said:
    i mean come on now man, you're just being extremely bias. you have a locust as your avatar, and you're gonna sit here and talk about server issues  when it takes me 15 minutes to play a match on Gears 2. And besides, among the games you mentioned on PS3, they have all been resolved and work great now, and I can't recall anything major about MGO ever, or any other game besides those other two which had major problems, I mean, if some other kid came on here and took you seriously they would think COD4 & CODWAW have server problems, and Resistance 2 has server problems etc etc etc, when they clearly do not. I mean, considering Resistance 2 has 60 player online, runs incredible smooth, I'd say thats better thats more efficient than anything on 360.  So many 360 games launched with server issues as well, but they get fixed and everyone is happy. Sony is sometimes slower at it but its not like you're paying $50 for it. 

You don't even own a ps3 so you really have no idea what you are talking about at all, you really have no business to be talking about anything PS3-wise. Who knows, you might have really enjoyed HOME, but of course, you'll take somebody elses word for it (most likely another one of you 360 fanboy buddies). 
    I for one think HOME is a cool feature, and I look forward to what it has to offer (virtual E3 '09, and other major gaming events like the one held by Ubisoft). But you know what, its free, so your opinions don't matter, everyone who has a PS3 has it, regardless of wether or not they'll ever want to use it. 

This Thread=EPIC FAIL
    Hexpane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Hexpane

Good lord fandorks, this has nothing to do w/  XBOX vs. PS3

Home has VIRTUAL COUCHES !!!!  and NXE has Mini Miis!  And pay to play peer2peer bullshit services!  Both "online" services from the console makers suck hooker ass. 

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By ProfessorEss

I think the resources, which I assume were vast, could have been used much more wisely to build simpler, more effective community tools.

Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Pibo47

Yeah, since i dont have to use home. Im not going to. I rather just play my games.

Raiden36O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Raiden36O

I have an 360 and a PS3. And im not sure why, but for some reason i just dont enjoy playing online games on the PS3, the online is just messy and boring, no one has mics, its just not a fun experience to play games online on the PS3 in my opinion.

Right now the only reason i have a PS3 is to play MGS4 and Grand Turismo 5 when it comes out, both mainly single player experiences. So yes i agree with you, if paying for online on the PS3 would make it a more complete, intergrated and enjoyable experience i would gladly do so.

As for home, its a chat room with a bunch of mini games you have to line up to play...

SSbabel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#36  Edited By SSbabel

IM not sure but is the reason sony is changing there console home, because Microsoft has. I mean there current setup is fine why chage?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.