Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 3

Platform »

The PlayStation 3 (often abbreviated PS3) is the third home video game console created and released by Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.

Just tried Playstation Home for the first time.

• 69 results
    get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#51  Edited By get2sammyb
    @CornBREDX said:
    " I tried home out when I first got my PS3. I don't like it. Takes to long to load stuff, very confusing interface, and I dont give a crap what little kids have to say on the internetz =P  So ya i found it pointless. Only cool thing is the virtual movie theatre. That was novelty, though, at best. Edit: forgot to say I haven't played in awhile so I don't know a whole lot about what improvements they've done but I do know they've been working on improving it. "
    They've improved all the things you didn't like about it. The interface has been overhauled (it's now like the XMB), the load-times are comparable with a standard web-page, and, well, you probably still won't give a crap what kids have to say but -- hey -- there's actually stuff to do now so you completely ignore them and get on with whatever else you want to look at.
    Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By Marcsman

It is stupid 

Soap_of_Death

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#53  Edited By Soap_of_Death

I've logged onto Home twice. Both times all I did was spam dance moves in the middle of people while they were talking. I got a chuckle out of it for about a minute before logging off.

tebbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#54  Edited By tebbit

I tried it a few times, and wasn't hugely enthralled with it. Now it has a HUGE amount of patching to do before I can use it again, so... 

Sorry, Home. You tried,  I tried. It's just not going to work out.

jmfinamore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By jmfinamore
    @KaosAngel:  a/s/l??????? u got cam???/?????!!

But yea Home is weird.
    Taky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Taky

It's unclear to me why they still put so much effort into Home, especially what's required of developers.  

someone needs to fix it.  

or delete it. 

whichever. 

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#57  Edited By monkeyking1969
    @elsuperdonut said:

" I don't get it.  I mean, I walked around for an hour clicking on things, watching the chat logs.  What do you do exactly?  Tried to converse with a few people, but all I see are people flirting with each other.  I think multiplayer games do a better job of getting strangers to socialize than this crap.  Did I miss something?  AMIDOINITRITE? "

You are better off going to the special spaces in Home and not just the Mall or standard areas.  Just forget about the Mall, Central Plaza, Bowling Alley, and Movie place....those are purely low-level social spot only worth seeing once a month or less.  

My recommendations:   
    Conspiracy -- is a first third-person shooter game that was JUST released.   Conspiracy has players form alliances and raid enemy facilities, engaging in firefights with guards while subverting high-tech security systems and stealing bits of intelligence that have been locked in hidden safes and com-terminals.     
    BUZZ! HQ, -  In this area you can play Buzz Quiz games with other people where you avarat runs around to different parts of a game baords to play.  If you win you get a tee-shirt.    
    SOCOM OPFOR
     -  In this area there is a meta-game where you find about a dozen pieces of an AK-47 you can build, there is a timed game to take apart rifles and put them back together in, and I think you can use the SOCOM sandtabel too.   
    Dance Dance Revolution - This area has an on going DDR competition where everyone is on a stage and following the arrows to play DDR together...again winner gets a t-shirt.    
    Red Bull Air Race -- This area is old, but racing the planes is still fun and it is less crowded now.      

The above are all FREE.  If you don't mind spending 99 cents from you PSN wallet you can go to the Midway 1 & 2 to play carnival style games.  That ninety-nine cents buys fifty (50) tickets.  The games are a bit tricky so you will blow a lot of tickets, but once you understand a game you cna win prizes like tee-shirts, fish, things to put on shelves in your home etc.   Along the same line is the  IREM Festival Space, where there are mini-games, food stands and other things.  The food stand is free and hands out FREE food items you can put on tables in your personal spaces...it may seem dumb but having food on a table in yoru apartment looks nice. 

There really are a lot of gaming space you can go to that have tons of free games where you actually DO THINGS and the atmosphere is more like an online game where people just play.  There is supposedly a cart-racing game somewhere but I haven't played that yet. 

Now as to why HOME is still around? (...people seem to keep asking that question.)  Well, Home makes money from Home!  Sony is making decent money off of it from what they have been saying, and that is not just from people buying stuff.  The advertising while somewhat limited in Sony mind is enough to make it well worthwhile they ahve said many times.   PSN Home isn't going anywhere because it is working from Sony's point of view.  It makes money which is more then can be said with what Nintendo and MS have done with their avatar spaces.
    Levio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

In Home, you win by convincing other people to join Home. Your move...

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#60  Edited By JJWeatherman

PlayStationhome is dead dude think of all the gay ass and no life money and time wasting fams that took over I'm done with it its just boring and lame

Congratz on being the front runner for most random and needless bump of the year. Bonus points for being offensive, as well as having created a new account just to post this.

jking47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By jking47

One of the more strange thread revivals I have seen I must admit.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The mini-games are cool. The main plaza is really just the airport lounge, its not a destination it is the boring place you have to go to to get anywhere good. The big problem is figuring out what is free and good to play. A few years ago the DDR rooms were fun, basically playing DDR in a group by pressing controller buttons. The BUZZ! trivial room was fun too, but it was easy to cheat so it fell by the wayside.

The best advice for anyone who want to try it is too go to the opening page and start downloading all the areas that seem cool....they walk away for 90 minutes while everything loads. Then poke around the mini-game. If you want to interact with people...bring your own people in with you...you WON'T meet anyone new in there...and why would you trust anyone you meet after five seconds. The would be like going to NYC, jump off the bus, and then starting to chatting with people - you will get you shanked.

Home is actually a rather decent place to chat with the friends you already have.

artelinarose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#63  Edited By artelinarose

The mini-games are cool. The main plaza is really just the airport lounge, its not a destination it is the boring place you have to go to to get anywhere good. The big problem is figuring out what is free and good to play. A few years ago the DDR rooms were fun, basically playing DDR in a group by pressing controller buttons. The BUZZ! trivial room was fun too, but it was easy to cheat so it fell by the wayside.

The best advice for anyone who want to try it is too go to the opening page and start downloading all the areas that seem cool....they walk away for 90 minutes while everything loads. Then poke around the mini-game. If you want to interact with people...bring your own people in with you...you WON'T meet anyone new in there...and why would you trust anyone you meet after five seconds. The would be like going to NYC, jump off the bus, and then starting to chatting with people - you will get you shanked.

Home is actually a rather decent place to chat with the friends you already have.

My experience with Home was I made a lady and decorated my house a little bit with all of the Resident Evil 5 figures I had and that was fun. Then I went outside of my private house to go do other things and I got swarmed with people immediately trying to get into my internet panties and I panicked and turned the Playstation off.

Looking back, at least someone wants me?

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It is worthless, yet my wife loves it. Go figure?

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#65  Edited By Hailinel

@marcsman said:

It is worthless, yet my wife loves it. Go figure?

How does she put up with the rampant, sexist idiocy?

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By monkeyking1969

@monkeyking1969 said:

The mini-games are cool.

My experience with Home was I made a lady and decorated my house a little bit with all of the Resident Evil 5 figures I had and that was fun. Then I went outside of my private house to go do other things and I got swarmed with people immediately trying to get into my internet panties and I panicked and turned the Playstation off.

Looking back, at least someone wants me?

No Caption Provided

You can have a bit of fun "trolling for weirdos" in Home too, but as you found if you are not used to it it can be very weird.

This is one of my avatars:

No Caption Provided

Yes, it is totally prurient. But it is so attention getting that there is a great deal of humor to be mined from the folks who do follow her around.

Avatar image for green_incarnate
    Green_Incarnate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Home sounds a lot like the Phantasy Star Universe demo for the 360.

LikeaSsur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@girdz said:

It is just a massive waste of time.

Considering you're on a website about video games, and you most likely play video games, this "argument" falls flat.

landon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

I've had a Playstation for a couple of years now, and I have never once played home.

Petiew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I played Home a couple of times when I was really ill and couldn't sleep. When I say played I mean myself and a group of other lifeless Home avatars had dance parties in the middle of people trying to cyber.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.