Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 3

Platform »

The PlayStation 3 (often abbreviated PS3) is the third home video game console created and released by Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.

Let's Make It Three For Three: MotorStorm 3 Teased

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By get2sammyb

LittleBigPlanet 2: officially announced. Killzone 3: officially announced. inFamous 2: teased by a European Playstation magazine... And now -- dum-dum-dumm -- rumours of MotorStorm 3 are bubbling to the surface.

Ok, ok they come from NeoGAF via a French website's podcast but apparently it's very real and it's getting announced soon. No real details on the setting but the hottest rumours are jet-skis (oh goodness please!!!) or the arctic setting of Motorstorm: Arctic Edge whcih was amazing on PSP and would look unbelievable on PS3.

I'm still wishing for jet-skis though. What setting would you guys like to see?

I thought MotorStorm: Pacific Rift was a phenomenal game, I was a bit of a late-comer but I enjoyed the hell out of that title. Really, really good racing game with a ton of depth. Very under-rated in my opinion.

Dunno whether Sony are planning to announce this one before or at E3. Seems to me like they're getting all the SCEE stuff out of the way so they can focus on SCEA at E3, which totally makes sense.

[Also, VG247's got some rumours about David Cage's next game]

Sanryd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Sanryd

I desperately need a PS3 so I can join in on this overload of awesomeness...

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By xyzygy

Man, I love Motorstorm. I just wish it had split screen.. Never played any of the the other ones beside the original though.

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By get2sammyb

Just in addition to my last post, under-the-lines GAFfers are rumouring that it might be set in an apocalyptic setting. Which would be kind of amazing if the environments crumbled around you. Would certainly fit in line with the current Playstation "you play the cut-scenes" mantra they seem to have going on.

RobotHamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By RobotHamster

NIce, more exclusives from Sony which can only mean one thing, more Kevin Butler commercials! And if their having all this stuff get out then hopefully they'll have a poop ton of new stuff to announce at E3, most likely new IPs since their showing sequels now.  

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By OmegaPirate

New Pendulum album = New Motorstorm game :D 

Seeing as i love both Motorstorm AND Pendulum, this is a good thing!

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By get2sammyb
    @xyzygy said:
    " Man, I love Motorstorm. I just wish it had split screen.. Never played any of the the other ones beside the original though. "
    I don't know why I feel like Pacific Rift had split-screen. I honestly don't know. YES, it does. According Wikipedia it has four-player split-screen and two-player online. I don't really touch split-screen so I wasn't sure but I totally get why it's on people's wish-list.

And yeah, I love MotorStorm too. I think it gets a bit of hate because it's not particularly pick up and play, but I love the way the boost mechanic works in line with your drifts, so you have to kind of counter boost to safely make it around corners. MotorStorm's a bit of a weird beast because it's a complete arcade game but it often feels a lot like a sim. I love it too though, glad to see some other fans on GB.
    get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By get2sammyb
    @OmegaPirate said:

" New Pendulum album = New Motorstorm game :D  Seeing as i love both Motorstorm AND Pendulum, this is a good thing! "

Haha yes, I've read that link somewhere else too. You made me buy Pacific Rift because I kept seeing you playing it on my friends list! :) I'm grateful.
    Steve_C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Steve_C

Saw that thread earlier. Apparently someone's actually seen a screenshot of it. I'll be interested to see where it goes. I imagine it'll have a completely new setting. For my mild interest in the series, i've never gotten around to playing it. My next racing game will either be modnation or GT5.

Also, 'yes' to another david cage game.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By xyzygy
    @get2sammyb: One of my favorite parts of Motorstorm is the strategy involved with the car you're driving. Like, if you're in a bike you'll want to stay up high and get the most jumps as you can, but if you're in a big rig you need to stay below in the mud. If you take the wrong turn and end up in the wrong area for your vehicle, you'll have a hard time getting through it safely. So it adds that nice little bit of strategy.
    Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By WinterSnowblind
    Really hope to see this, Arctic Edge was a great idea, but suffered badly because of the PSP's poor controls.

@RobotHamster said:
    " NIce, more exclusives from Sony which can only mean one thing, more Kevin Butler commercials! And if their having all this stuff get out then hopefully they'll have a poop ton of new stuff to announce at E3, most likely new IPs since their showing sequels now.   "
    I imagine they're announcing everything now, because they know it's all going to get leaked anyway  (as most of it already has been).  Less over the top, melodramatic announcements, and more actual gameplay footage.
    nanikore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By nanikore
    @OmegaPirate said:
    " New Pendulum album = New Motorstorm game :D  Seeing as i love both Motorstorm AND Pendulum, this is a good thing! "
    Exactly what I was thinking.
    OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By OmegaPirate
    @get2sammyb: Haha :D glad to hear it! I honestly havent played anywhere near as much pacific rift as i should have done but that game is so much damn fun!!  
    And it totally Has Pendulums best track off of their first 'album' (tarantula xD)  
    But yeah in all honesty i kind leapt off the 'everyone wants a new road rash game' as soon as i started playing pacific rift, if it was ever going to be done, it would end up being like motorstorm  - it would have to be! And theres no way it would look as good , have as many features - or be as interesting. 

I mean - come on, rolling upside down inside a sewage pipe on a motorbike before hitting a ramp and punching a dude out of the air who flies beside you on a quad bike, before bouncing off the roof of a pickup truck and landing in a sugar cane field  - shortly before a monster truck bursts through the wall of a nearby factory and chases you through the field as the hydrating pumps spray on your screen - you amke a last ditch power slide and grind your way into a sewage pipe, watching the monster truck explode into the too narrow gap behind you?! all the while rocking out to some big ass beats?!?!? 

Yea - keep your stinking bike and chain. :D :D 
    mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#14  Edited By mosespippy

I love Pacific Rift (100% trophies for it and both DLC packs) and can't wait for a new game because Arctic Edge was not a good game.

Sleater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#15  Edited By Sleater

I hated the first game but PR was pretty phenomenal.

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By get2sammyb
    @mosespippy said:
    " I love Pacific Rift (100% trophies for it and both DLC packs) and can't wait for a new game because Arctic Edge was not a good game. "
    Wow you got 100% in PR? That's impressive. Those trophies are hard.
    mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By mosespippy
    @get2sammyb said: 

@mosespippy said: 

" I love Pacific Rift (100% trophies for it and both DLC packs) and can't wait for a new game because Arctic Edge was not a good game. "
    Wow you got 100% in PR? That's impressive. Those trophies are hard. "
    It really annoyed me having all of them but Legend so twice I went back to the game after months long break and tried to get them. I eventually got it because the current group of players isn't as big so you get matched with weaker competition. It was still hard, but also a lot of fun. Up next is getting the last trophy in LBP and the last trophy in Killzone 2. That is, once my PS3 is fixed.    
    get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By get2sammyb
    get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By get2sammyb

Some more leaked, off camera shots. Looks like these were taken from a 3D version to me.

[ Source

@mosespippy: You're still a better racer than I, friend. I salute you! :)
    c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By c1337us

I missed the last Motorstorm so I could go for some more.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By mosespippy

Those certainly look 3D to me. Does anyone else think that an apocalyptic San Francisco could easily be an open world map instead of a closed circuit?

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#22  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

I'd like to see another one.  I liked Motorstorm 2, but holy hell, it was tough.  Gorgeous graphics, though, and I still play it from time to time.
    Ben99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Ben99

I've ignored both games but now I'm interested

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.