Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 3

Platform »

The PlayStation 3 (often abbreviated PS3) is the third home video game console created and released by Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.

PS3 controler problem..help!

beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 24

#1  Edited By beargirl1

now i know this is stupid.. please don't remind me, it irritates me enough that this happened.  

me and my friends were playing a game of TNA impact for the PS3, and then my friend splashed coke over me after, and -sucks for me, i had my PS3 controler in my hand.  

guess what? Coke spilled a bit on the controler. after we cleaned up and i wiped the controler and put it on. the first thing i noticed is that the controler kept pressing DOWN on the Dpad when i didnt even touch it. everything else works except the D pad, it just keeps registering as DOWN, and it just keeps going and going. I can't even move in the XMB or the game menu because it keeps moving down. the left and right buttons also don't work.  

i know, it was stupid of us to do something like that. please leave that out of this.. it sucks ._.  

is there anyway for me to fix the controler? the only problem is the D pad, and that makes it unplayable.  

thanks..  

EDIT:   thanks for the help guys, but i got it fixed, i sit it there for a bit and then it started to work again.. not the best idea but if it starts to act up, i'll try what you guys said. thanks again. 

DeeperVoiceMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By DeeperVoiceMan

take it apart and clean it off

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By eroticfishcake

Since it got wet I don't think it's possible to fix it. It's like any other piece of electronic equipment that gets wet, it breaks permanently. Sorry to tell you that.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By zeforgotten

Sounds to me like it is just generally fucked and that you should replace it. 
    Not that a controller is that expensive, but pouring liquid things on a controller is like a big nono. 
    But yeah, I guess it would be kinda cool if someone had a way to save the controller.. 

But I would just say go out and get a new one.  
    Everyone and their mothers can afford at least two of those now anyday of the week 

StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By StaticFalconar

yeah no, most likely you fucked it up, try taking it apart with the tiny screw drivers like the kind you use for glasses, and make sure maybe nothing is sticking within the controller. If that don't work, you are screwed. maybe salvage the battery or something.

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Karmum
    @ZeForgotten said:
    " Sounds to me like it is just generally fucked and that you should replace it. Not that a controller is that expensive, but pouring liquid things on a controller is like a big nono. But yeah, I guess it would be kinda cool if someone had a way to save the controller..  But I would just say go out and get a new one.  Everyone and their mothers can afford at least two of those now anyday of the week  "
    DS3 controllers run for around $55, I think. They might not be that expensive, but dropping 55 bones for a single controller isn't exactly cheap either.
    CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By CL60

Take it apart and clean it.

copycatzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By copycatzen
    @CL60 said:
    "Take it apart and clean it. "

I recomend this... however last time that I did something like this was with my N64 controller.... man I cannot believe I spent so much time just cleaning my fucking N64 controllers... I miss my nintendo fan days...
    FunExplosions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By FunExplosions
    @Karmum said:
    " @ZeForgotten said:
    " Sounds to me like it is just generally fucked and that you should replace it. Not that a controller is that expensive, but pouring liquid things on a controller is like a big nono. But yeah, I guess it would be kinda cool if someone had a way to save the controller..  But I would just say go out and get a new one.  Everyone and their mothers can afford at least two of those now anyday of the week  "
    DS3 controllers run for around $55, I think. They might not be that expensive, but dropping 55 bones for a single controller isn't exactly cheap either. "
    Yeah they are insanely expensive. 40 or 50 bucks is ridiculous when you're a college kid. That's like 2 or 3 nights out drinking or a quarter of my paycheck.
    ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ArchScabby

sure I'll help.  *Controller*   There ya go.

rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#11  Edited By rjayb89

Use distilled water to clean it.  Then dry it out in the sun.

Edit: After opening it, and not pouring water onto it.  Use a wash cloth or something.

ninjakiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ninjakiller

Take it apart and clean it, dry it out then put it back together and pray.

beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#13  Edited By beargirl1

thanks for the help guys, but i got it fixed, i sit it there for a bit and then it started to work again.. not the best idea but if it starts to act up, i'll try what you guys said. thanks again. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.