Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 3

Platform »

The PlayStation 3 (often abbreviated PS3) is the third home video game console created and released by Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.

PS3 Dashboard help

EightBitShik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By EightBitShik

Okay, I have PS3 games, PS1 games and mini's they all can be sorted to fit into their own folder but my PSP games sit out by themselves... I could of sworn they had a folder.... when I click on it the only option I get is "Copy to psp" am I doing something wrong? or can you not put them in a folder?

LiquidSaiyan3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By LiquidSaiyan3

I'm not sure about the PSP games since I don't keep them on my PS3. I'm assuming you're sorting by Album? If so, it at least sounds like you can't do it that way.

You should be able to sort by Format instead by pressing Square (I think) on the XMB. That way it auto sorts everything by PS3 games, PS1 games, etc, which sounds like exactly what you want it to do.

Diarmuid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Diarmuid

The most recent PS3 firmware changed the way it handles PSP games. They can't be installed onto the PS3's hard drive any more, which in turn means they can't be sorted or put into folders. Yeah, it sucks.

EightBitShik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By EightBitShik

@LiquidSaiyan3: The guy below you explained the change for me thanks for trying though.

@Diarmuid: Thanks a lot

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.