Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 3

Platform »

The PlayStation 3 (often abbreviated PS3) is the third home video game console created and released by Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.

PS3 Gone AWOL

Shadow106

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Edited By Shadow106

Just over 1 year of faithful service and one week after my warrenty expires my PS3 finally decides to break. Thankfully the wonderful people at Sony UK have taken away my black box and are repairing it for free anyway which is pretty awesome. The issue is an easy fix the Blu-Ray laser in my drive has decided it doesn't like to fire anymore and it needs replacing and when I take into consideration that I use my PS3 daily and also that by this timeframe when I was using my Xbox 360 alot I was on my 3rd one! Then in the big picture it's really not that bad at all.

I just hope they get it back to me a damn sight faster than Microsoft did, they have told me it will be no longer than 10 working days but also to expect it back way before that time as the fix is quick. So fingers crossed here :D
    Shadow106

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Shadow106

Just over 1 year of faithful service and one week after my warrenty expires my PS3 finally decides to break. Thankfully the wonderful people at Sony UK have taken away my black box and are repairing it for free anyway which is pretty awesome. The issue is an easy fix the Blu-Ray laser in my drive has decided it doesn't like to fire anymore and it needs replacing and when I take into consideration that I use my PS3 daily and also that by this timeframe when I was using my Xbox 360 alot I was on my 3rd one! Then in the big picture it's really not that bad at all.

I just hope they get it back to me a damn sight faster than Microsoft did, they have told me it will be no longer than 10 working days but also to expect it back way before that time as the fix is quick. So fingers crossed here :D
    Avatar image for disabilityfishy
    DisAbiLityFisHy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By DisAbiLityFisHy

Woah, that's pretty sweet, haha. That's nice of them to do. :D
    Best of luck for your shiny black box, bro.

Shadow106

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Shadow106

Thanks man, I got a call from Sony today saying my PS3 will be back to me most likely by Wednesday. That's damn fast as they didn't even get it until 8am this morning!!!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.